FlightLineRC P-38L Lightning Allied Green

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum Twin 80mm Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Spinny Testaverde View Post
    I love that the tiger eyes seem like they are always watching you

    It will officially be "Tigey Testaverde" .

    Comment



    • Originally posted by Elbee View Post
      This MiG-29 Fulcrum offering by MotionRC is amazing. The only issue I have is that there is nothing to "modify". The livery is perfect, the model is gorgeous, ordinance is great, OEM mods coming. What's not to love? Best, LB
      Here's what needs to be added to make a real Slovak AF '0921':
      1. "Bird Slicers" (4) aft of the radome, 2. Antennae aft of the cockpit, 3. ACL on the spine and under port engine nacelle plus two more landing lights 4. False canopy decal (or is it included?) 5. White tail light on port vertical stab

      MRC, may I ask again for close up shots of the cockpit section?

      Thanks
      Frank
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Mig AS 0921.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.7 KB ID:	267739

      Click image for larger version  Name:	Mig AS 0921 Tail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.9 KB ID:	267743

      Comment


      • I pre ordered this PNPJet. Wondering what you guys recommend regarding gyro/no gyro? Also will a receiver with one satellite be enough for this large jet? Lastly any receiver/satellite placement recommendations. Thanks.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Pilot Jum View Post
          I pre ordered this PNPJet. Wondering what you guys recommend regarding gyro/no gyro? Also will a receiver with one satellite be enough for this large jet? Lastly any receiver/satellite placement recommendations. Thanks.
          Some people swear by the others don't care for them.
          There is no one size fits all.
          I'm not a fan.

          Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Pilot Jum View Post
            I pre ordered this PNPJet. Wondering what you guys recommend regarding gyro/no gyro? Also will a receiver with one satellite be enough for this large jet? Lastly any receiver/satellite placement recommendations. Thanks.
            Hey Pilot Jum and welcome to Hobby Squawk.

            We have been flying it with an Admiral 10 channel RX with a satellite and a hobby eagle gyro. There is a ton of space inside to really mount your electronics how you wish, but we went like this

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200810_113333.jpg
Views:	928
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	267747Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200810_113337.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	267748Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200810_113344.jpg
Views:	905
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	267749

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post


              Here's what needs to be added to make a real Slovak AF '0921':
              1. "Bird Slicers" (4) aft of the radome, 2. Antennae aft of the cockpit, 3. ACL on the spine and under port engine nacelle plus two more landing lights 4. False canopy decal (or is it included?) 5. White tail light on port vertical stab

              MRC, may I ask again for close up shots of the cockpit section?

              Thanks
              Frank
              Click image for larger version Name:	Mig AS 0921.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.7 KB ID:	267739

              Click image for larger version Name:	Mig AS 0921 Tail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.9 KB ID:	267743
              Hope this helps!

              Click image for larger version

Name:	MiG Nose.jpg
Views:	954
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	267751

              Comment


              • Originally posted by James View Post

                Hope this helps!
                Thanks! Are these plastics parts inside the cockpit? Just wondering if we need 3D printed parts for the cockpit. I don’t like those ‘gatored’ seats...

                Comment


                • It does sure look like it. If so, I'm surprised they didn't mention it in the product specs... or during the "reveal" video.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

                    Thanks! Are these plastics parts inside the cockpit? Just wondering if we need 3D printed parts for the cockpit. I don’t like those ‘gatored’ seats...
                    The cockpit is entirely plastic except for the headrest. Like any other darker painted EPO aircraft, if she sits in the sun too long, you'll get gatoring. It was unavoidable on our end though as it's been 95 degrees steady here in GA and when you got to get pictures of a model, they always look the best in full sunlight. Hard to run it under cover when your grooving

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by James View Post

                      The cockpit is entirely plastic except for the headrest. Like any other darker painted EPO aircraft, if she sits in the sun too long, you'll get gatoring. It was unavoidable on our end though as it's been 95 degrees steady here in GA and when you got to get pictures of a model, they always look the best in full sunlight. Hard to run it under cover when your grooving
                      Thanks, James! Good to hear that most of it is made from plastic. I’ll start working on a 3DP seat/headrest. The box behind the seat with all these circuit breakers will be another subject. I’ve got the BH Fulcrum here (which is about 10% larger) for measurements.

                      Comment


                      • With a large and expensive jet like this, would anyone recommend a dual-receiver setup for redundancy? Most of the large scale guys at my club do this. Also, I've had bad luck with the blue junction box in the past. I see it's being used in the MiG-29 as well. Hopefully they're reliable now.

                        Comment


                        • It's really a personal choice.
                          Would I go out and buy a dual receiver setup just for this? Nah.

                          However I wil definitely run more than one satellite and have a dedicated rx pack in this bird.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by AceMigKiller View Post
                            It's really a personal choice.
                            Would I go out and buy a dual receiver setup just for this? Nah.

                            However I wil definitely run more than one satellite and have a dedicated rx pack in this bird.
                            Interesting thought on the rx pack? You think servos can run 2s Or a separate BEC stepping down voltage?

                            Comment


                            • Maybe I missed it somewhere but what BEC does it come with in the stock configuration?

                              Comment


                              • I am so looking forward to receiving this Beauty.
                                Great design Alpha. Maybe while we wait you can do a video on how she is made.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Flanker271 View Post
                                  Maybe I missed it somewhere but what BEC does it come with in the stock configuration?
                                  On the Spare Parts page it says the ESC package comes with an 8A BEC. Probably the same one currently used in the other twin 80mm power sets. I've never had a problem with them on other jets.
                                  Pat

                                  Comment


                                  • I use a two cell LiFe receiver pack on my Freewing Mig 21, Me 262, and F-4. Works good, lasts long time

                                    Comment


                                    • Swarick, do you also run a step down device, or run the 2s life pack straight into the rx?

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Wrthog View Post
                                        Interesting thought on the rx pack? You think servos can run 2s Or a separate BEC stepping down voltage?
                                        Independent rx packs are very common.

                                        NiCd/NiMh and 2s LiFe packs are no problem for standard voltage servos and components. They don't run at peak voltage at all times.

                                        Regular 2s Lipos would need some type of regulator.

                                        Easy answer, just stick with LiFe packs

                                        Comment


                                        • I saw James had put the measurements up, so I thought I would go measure the hangar to get ready for my Un-boxing and build videos. Now without the nose it’s 62” and I am at the door of the hangar.

                                          I gonna need a bigger hangar
                                          Attached Files

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X