X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
    Big12fan The PNP MiG-29 utilizes the 9B Inrunner setup used on recent pre-upgraded PNPs such as the T-33. It hits the ideal balance we're looking for, which is why it's being gradually standardized into all 80mm jets over time.

I prefer this inrunner 9B system over the inrunner 12B system incrementally for top speed, but in practice, either system will power the MiG-29 very well for speed and acceleration. It is difficult to convey just how easy it is to fly in normal attitudes; the difference in blade count becomes evident only during abnormal attitudes, such as powering out of a flat spin.
    In abnormal attitudes, does the 12B provide a slight advantage? I wasn't completely clear to which you were referring.

Comment

• My God, it's about time we had a premium twin EDF. IMO the F-14 was the last best twin EDF jet (although the A-10 80mm is awesome). Twin 80 is THE perfect jet. Adequate flight time and cool batteries. I have ordered 6 of the F-14's from MRC. Three are still brand new in box. That is how much I think of that jet. IMO, the best EDF foam jet ever made.

But this MiG 29 is a home run ... WOW! Cool batteries, good flight time. Big presence in air. Why did you wait so long Freewing???

The F-22, F-4, F-18 were blown opportunities IMO. Short flight and battery destroyers. A single 90mm out of a dual duct ... ugg ... never was a fan of it. I do like the F-4, 8s but a slighly larger twin would have been superb. I hardly fly my F-22, just too hard on batts. Way too hot after flight.

How about a big A1 Skraider now ..... or a BIG twin A-6 Intruder .... I will drive my cash box to you directly!

Anyway, this MiG 29 is phenomenal ..... how all twin engine edf's should be made. Thank God I held off the eFlite Su-30 ...a twin but a single battery eater ,,, that's why I stayed away.

Recipe for great twin ... two 80mm edf + two 100 amp esc + two batts ..... THIS IS THE PERFECT CONFIG IMO! Bigger jet, good flight times, cool batts .... what else could you want?

NOW SCALE UP THE F-15 AND MAKE IT A TWIN PLEASE!

Comment

• Not sure what temps you are flying in but I can fly my 90mm F-22/F-18C/F-16s on 6S Admiral 5000-6000's and run them pretty hard for 3:30 and they are barely warm.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• It would be nice to have your temps in the summer. Oh wait, we have them in the winter.
          Pat

Comment

• Las Vegas ... so yep. But even flying hard in cooler weather heats them up. I can fly F-14 hard all day long and batts are much cooler.

Comment

• My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hello! I am very happy with standard digital camo on the vertical stabs! On overview video i notice, that symbol of Slovak republic is on right wing very light, very hard to visible. In real camo is this symbol dark, on left wing its white because of the camo colour. Its possible to make right symbol dark? Also, its possible to add this dark symbols to bottom of the wings? Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacckall View Post
                  Hello! I am very happy with standard digital camo on the vertical stabs! On overview video i notice, that symbol of Slovak republic is on right wing very light, very hard to visible. In real camo is this symbol dark, on left wing its white because of the camo colour. Its possible to make right symbol dark? Also, its possible to add this dark symbols to bottom of the wings? Thank you
                  Yes, it’s called Callie Graphics, she is awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                    Not sure what temps you are flying in but I can fly my 90mm F-22/F-18C/F-16s on 6S Admiral 5000-6000's and run them pretty hard for 3:30 and they are barely warm.
                    I love my F-22 on 8s, bad ass. Not hard on batteries either.

Comment

• James thanks for the dimensions

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacckall View Post
                        Hello! I am very happy with standard digital camo on the vertical stabs! On overview video i notice, that symbol of Slovak republic is on right wing very light, very hard to visible. In real camo is this symbol dark, on left wing its white because of the camo colour. Its possible to make right symbol dark? Also, its possible to add this dark symbols to bottom of the wings? Thank you
                        Hey Jacckall , welcome to HobbySquawk! At this point the graphics are what they are, but as other have said, check out https://callie-graphics.com/. She is the go-to decal master for everyone who customizes their aircraft, she can certainly get what you need.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven gubala View Post
                          James thanks for the dimensions
                          No worries steven gubala, happy to do it!

Comment

• THANK YOU to everyone for your amazingly positive support of our MiG-29 and its preorder. At the current rate, our reserves may likely be depleted within a week of the initial announcement, so if you're on the fence, please consider calling the ball sooner rather than later. Otherwise, no rush, there are many other birds we have until the next restock shipment.

To minimize potential confusion of what is included in the stock MiG-29 PNP and ARF, I decided to wait until the vast majority of initial units were presold. Since they now have been, five days in, I'm comfortable showing a bit more "Behind The Scenes" of an Upgrade Option for the MiG-29 which is *NOT INCLUDED IN THE PNP*, but instead is *Sold Separately*. We'll publish pricing, model photos and video, and installation instructions over the coming 3-4 weeks, as we tidy those details. But for now, here's a peak at what we've been playing with.

Full Aspect 3DTV (360 degree 3D Thrust Vectoring) Upgrade Set

The gold area in these renders shows what is included in the Upgrade Set, including the four servos needed to drive the nozzles. The Upgrade Set is intended for advanced users only, since it significantly widens the flight maneuver envelope of the aircraft. The Upgrade Set is designed for a user to conveniently install it as a refit kit to their stock MiG-29 in less than 30 minutes. Simply part the existing foam seam to remove the stock nozzle, then glue in the Set and route the wires for the four servos. Mix to your liking, and go have fun with your inverted flat spins (just don't blame me for involuntary dirt naps!).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pivot3DTVrd11.jpg
Views:	2321
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	268145Click image for larger version

Name:	Pivot3DTVrd12.jpg
Views:	2619
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	268146
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Looks good. I hope it's available on or before the ship date of the model itself so we can build it as a TV...

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post

Sounds like a great setup. Notwithstanding the twin motor setup it's a pretty straightforward jet. AETR, gear and flaps.

I would drop an AR636 straight in there but I'm hooked on telemetry and opentx radios can't forward program the 637T. So, frsky it is.
                                I'm going with two FrSky X8R's and independent channels for all control surfaces. I used this combination on the Su-35. I am currently using this setup on the FA-18C.
                                Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post

I'm going with two FrSky X8R's and independent channels for all control surfaces. I used this combination on the Su-35. I am currently using this setup on the FA-18C.
                                  will you bind them together as redundant receivers? I’ve never done that, but I want to for this bird.

Comment

I'm getting an X8R too, at least I think that's the one. No-one is selling the Graupner receiver I want, so I thought I'd try something different and make use of my X9D SE. Looking forward to working out how to program flap elevator mix on it.

SeaViper, do you use two X8Rs for redundancy or do you set one up as a satellite receiver for range?

Comment

• I'll be separating all my surfaces also a Y the TV yaw servos (pitch and roll TV will be mixed to the tailerons) to use a 12ch receiver with two satellites. Similar to many of my other planes where I have set up tailerons, crow, full span flaps and ailerons. No rudder brakes on this one though.

Comment

Ive set the F14 up with an S8R to stabilise control surfaces with an X8R for all of the 'other' stuff. I would have used an SBUS extender but the high refresh rate doesnt play nice with all the analogue stuff in the F14 PNP.

Originally posted by Checkmate View Post

will you bind them together as redundant receivers? I’ve never done that, but I want to for this bird.
                                        An X8R is overkill for a redundancy receiver. Get an R-XSR, it's full range and will fit in much smaller spaces.

If you're planning on using 16 outputs across the two X8Rs then it wouldnt really be a redundancy setup.

My choice of weapon will be the S8R. Unfortunately doesn't support redundant Rx but I've found D16 to be solid waaaay out past visual line of sight.

Comment

• The 9bl fan is just a way more efficient design. Thats really all there is too it. Heck..check out how well 1 9bl fan flew my freewing f18...pretty dang good imo! And that was the out runner. Imagine if it had the inrunner setup!

Comment

Working...
                                          X