Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to use a pair of RoaringTop 6250 35C's in mine. Should handle them just fine. Hoping they can go in the forward and rear battery locations so that the electronics can go on the hump.
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      James, during the intro video it looked like the flaps were able to deflect up as well as down. Can you verify this and the amount please. I plan on full span ailerons.
      You are so astute, Evan. Since you have such impressive observational skills, here is a screenshot I took for you showing a cutaway of the MiG-29 flap hinge. For the record, I recommend flying the aircraft as delivered (i.e. Flaps are used only as Flaps). Beyond that... you can make your decisions based on this photo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MiG-29 Flaps.jpg
Views:	1260
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	268322
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha! I hate to disappoint you but it will be built with the wing surfaces and horizontal stabs going direct to a 12ch rcvr and with selectable full span flaps, full span ailerons and tailerons all on a mode switch. I’m hoping to have some type of TV for the maiden too...

I guess I’ll probably have a “as delivered” configuration for the first 20 seconds of the maiden though... :)

Comment

• Your bird, your call, your responsibility! 'Just covering my rear. I fully expect you to be one of the successful operators of the 3DTV system and complex FCS. Throw a runcam on it while you're at it and share the fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post

what model did you obtain your waiver with??
            Hi Robert, I got my turbine waiver in 2004 with a BVM Bobcat I built,, yes built lol (pre-composite -pre xl) powered by Jetcat P70. John Redman signed my waiver. Still have the Bobcat and P70,, Wow was it really that long ago :-)

Comment

• Has anyone seen any images in U.S. livery (leaked) or decals for personalizing the look? I like to modify the looks of my birds to be unique.

The U.S. bought 21 MiG-29s from Moldova. Processed through Wright-Patt and years ago disappeared across research groups and the intel world. But based on my experience in classified programs, a sense of humor is universal and I bet they played with the livery for official disguise or just for fun.

Otherwise, I'll just make up something or buy one when I ever get $4.65 M to spare:

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Mig29-03.jpg
Views:	1033
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	268367

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                  Guys, just back from the field after a great day of flying and filming the MiG-29. Had Major Patrick Croasdale on the sticks and we ran it through 4000's, 5100's, 6000's, grass ops, endurance flight, high alpha flight. Lots of fun today. Stay tuned to YouTube as we will be releasing them over the course of the next few days and weeks.
                  I'm waiting to view them

Comment

• Alpha, when the thrust vectoring nozzel's are ready for purchase do we need to purchase the 4 servos also, and what kind of servos?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                      THANK YOU to everyone for your amazingly positive support of our MiG-29 and its preorder. At the current rate, our reserves may likely be depleted within a week of the initial announcement, so if you're on the fence, please consider calling the ball sooner rather than later. Otherwise, no rush, there are many other birds we have until the next restock shipment.

To minimize potential confusion of what is included in the stock MiG-29 PNP and ARF, I decided to wait until the vast majority of initial units were presold. Since they now have been, five days in, I'm comfortable showing a bit more "Behind The Scenes" of an Upgrade Option for the MiG-29 which is *NOT INCLUDED IN THE PNP*, but instead is *Sold Separately*. We'll publish pricing, model photos and video, and installation instructions over the coming 3-4 weeks, as we tidy those details. But for now, here's a peak at what we've been playing with.

Full Aspect 3DTV (360 degree 3D Thrust Vectoring) Upgrade Set

The gold area in these renders shows what is included in the Upgrade Set, including the four servos needed to drive the nozzles. The Upgrade Set is intended for advanced users only, since it significantly widens the flight maneuver envelope of the aircraft. The Upgrade Set is designed for a user to conveniently install it as a refit kit to their stock MiG-29 in less than 30 minutes. Simply part the existing foam seam to remove the stock nozzle, then glue in the Set and route the wires for the four servos. Mix to your liking, and go have fun with your inverted flat spins (just don't blame me for involuntary dirt naps!).

Name:	Pivot3DTVrd11.jpg
Views:	2333
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	268145Click image for larger version

Name:	Pivot3DTVrd12.jpg
Views:	2631
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	268146
                      Alpha, that is absolutely gorgeous.
                      I'm trying to figure out how to bypass the bluebox so I can use the powerbox pioneer to do tailerons, VT, and now take advantage of the flaps also acting as ailerons. Probably not needed, but if I have a flexible system with 9 gyro outputs, might as well find a way to take full advantage of it all. I wonder if I'll be able to recreate those 80-degree high alpha angle 'hover passes' the 3D jet guys do a foot off the deck. I'll find out when I order one in January once I finalize a move to a new job

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        James, during the intro video it looked like the flaps were able to deflect up as well as down. Can you verify this and the amount please. I plan on full span ailerons.
                        Is full span ailerons scale for this bird? (asking, not criticizing)

I'm definitely prioritizing tailerons for my part, but obviously nice to do both if it is correct for scaleness :)
                        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by Topdogzrc View Post

Alpha, that is absolutely gorgeous.
                          I'm trying to figure out how to bypass the bluebox so I can use the powerbox pioneer to do tailerons, VT, and now take advantage of the flaps also acting as ailerons. Probably not needed, but if I have a flexible system with 9 gyro outputs, might as well find a way to take full advantage of it all. I wonder if I'll be able to recreate those 80-degree high alpha angle 'hover passes' the 3D jet guys do a foot off the deck. I'll find out when I order one in January once I finalize a move to a new job
                          I've been eyeballing the pioneer + iGyro sat for some of my foamies too. The awkward downside though is the limitation of three channels in each axis. That's way too low for a VT jet. On my euro I have 6 channels for pitch, 4 for yaw, 4 for roll :)
                          Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJim View Post

Name:	Mig29-03.jpg
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	268367
                            Many options for unconventional and otherwise visually distinct MiG-29 schemes

Name:	MiG Options.jpg
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	268403

Comment

• I don’t know, sorry. In my Arrows the ailerons are so tiny I had to add tailerons to get a decent roll. Full span may be the answer in this bird.

Originally posted by janmb View Post

I'm definitely prioritizing tailerons for my part, but obviously nice to do both if it is correct for scaleness :)

Comment

• Alpha Thank you for a big jet! The bigger they are the better they fly! Order placed. I am going to put Polish Airforce logos on mine, even though it was the Slovaks that had the digital camo scheme on their Mig-29s ;-)

Comment

• Alpha What size is the axle on the main landing gear wheels? 4mm or 5mm? I want to go ahead and order wheel brakes as I will fly this bird off a paved runway.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

The quick answer is no, but depending on the model the flaps could “flex” very slightly up to help with “aerodynamic advantage”. Very few if any models with “flex” ever made it to operational status.
                                    Flaperons on the other hand may have made an appearance in some later models.

Best regards,
                                    Cris B.
                                    AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
                                    NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• I pre-ordered the first hour I saw it available. Hope we get lucky and it ships out early but I have a hunch it will be worth the weight regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
                                        I am going to put Polish Airforce logos on mine, even though it was the Slovaks that had the digital camo scheme on their Mig-29s ;-)
                                        I always think of the Purina logo when I see the that roundel. Great for dogfighting - a livery with actual liver in it.

Name:	purinac.jpg
Views:	1046
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	268426

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

I've been eyeballing the pioneer + iGyro sat for some of my foamies too. The awkward downside though is the limitation of three channels in each axis. That's way too low for a VT jet. On my euro I have 6 channels for pitch, 4 for yaw, 4 for roll :)
                                          Add another gyro or two. My SebArt Mig 29 uses 2 gyros - one for control surfaces (Freewing) and one for the VT nozzles (HobbyEagle). If I wanted to spit ailerons and elevators, I would just add another gyro, but on that plane, 2 is enough and they're cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                          X