X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While flying? Really? wow.

Mine turn off due to getting too cold... even when it's hot. But didn't enclose them in fairings, so there's that.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

If you remove the battery, you'll see circuit boards right next to the vent holes, which are mounted on metal blocks/covers - heatsinks.

And a good number of us live where summers can get pretty hot - not enough cooling.
      Again, I'm talking about MY application, not yours. And as stated several times, MY problem is over-cooling, not over-heating.

And I wrote that the runcam doesn't have any external heat sinks, like the mobius does. Which is true.
      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Only changes from stock were the upgraded stab servos from MRC, 4-40 stab servo push rods and ball links and the AB. I have about 30 flights with no issues although I have been a little more conservative given all the concern about the stabs. I reach a little further on each flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

Other than the afterburners, was the plane flown stock?
          The only changes I made were the upgraded stab servos from MRC, 4-40 servo arms, DuBro balls links for stabs and the AB. I have about 30 flights and no signs of problems. I am reaching a light further with each flight.

Comment

• Does anybody sell a 3D printed front nose brace? I've purchased several for my F22, A10 and F4 but after 2 cracked retracts I'd really like to make this my last replacement for a while... The landings they are cracking on aren't my best but certainly aren't too bad either.

Comment

• Could someone please answer a silly question. If I want to power the receiver with a 6 volt life battery would I just remove the red wire that goes into the throttle plug coming from the esc? I’m assuming the red wire powers the receiver?

Comment

• The ESCs in the Mig are opto, no need to remove the red wire. Don't use the stock BEC though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug Fales View Post
                  Could someone please answer a silly question. If I want to power the receiver with a 6 volt life battery would I just remove the red wire that goes into the throttle plug coming from the esc? I’m assuming the red wire powers the receiver?
                  As Evan says, on the MiG, the stock rx power comes from the separate BEC, not from the throttle lead at all.

If you are going to run a direct rx battery, just make sure to not plug the BEC in anywhere.

That said though, unregulated 2S LIFE is way too high voltage for some of these electronics.

Comment

• What Evan said. I would even go so far as to cut the two wires from the EC5 plug that go to the UBEC and seal them with electrical tape or shrink wrap.

A word of caution though. The Blue Box doesn't like anything over about 5.2v, so if you're still going to use it, the resting voltage of the LiFE pack (6.6v) is not going to make it happy.
                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Actually Griffon, that's the 3DP design I posted on Thingiverse (Foamin at the Mouth is the catchphrase for Rabid Models, my little business). There another older one that was made for the Mobius Action Cam and a brand new one for the Insta-360 GO camera. I use these all the time. They are designed to fit on the standard Freewing weapons pylon. You're saying that James mentioned this? I didn't know!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camera boxes.jpg
Views:	1044
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	286053
                      I was looking for the Insta360 mount on thingiverse and could not find it (but the other two were). Has that been posted yet? Great designs!

Comment

• Originally posted by flgboy View Post

I was looking for the Insta360 mount on thingiverse and could not find it (but the other two were). Has that been posted yet? Great designs!
                        Hi there, I just added the ones for the Insta360 onto Thingiverse, you can find them here: https://www.thingiverse.com/foaminatthemouth/designs
                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          I would even go so far as to cut the two wires from the EC5 plug that go to the UBEC and seal them with electrical tape or shrink wrap.
                          Literally the first thing I did to my MiG-29 when I received it, lol.

Comment

• Flew my Mig-29 turbine conversion today. 4 good flights. Jet flies great. Look forward to getting more sorties on it soon.

Flight report here:

Post 12645239 - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more

Only iPhone available. Focus gets better at 0:50

Attached Files

Comment

• Awesome I wish I could afford a turbine

Comment

• Originally posted by Jet jocky View Post
                                Awesome I wish I could afford a turbine
                                It might not be as unobtainable as many think. While we all clearly have different budgets, there are lots of pilots who are getting every single new release, whom could easily get a turbine by just skipping a couple. So at least for some, it is just a matter of choice and priorities

Comment

• Corsair nut tearing it up at Rabbit Dry Lake in Apple Valley, CA last Saturday.

Pat

Comment

• LOL - After watching the video posted by Pat....now we know the truth (as stated late in the video by the camera man)! The MiG’s stabs tear off.

Glad to know this is the problem....NOT!

We must not allow that to happen....loss of control event. Geezzzz - rumors!!!! LOL

Thanks for posting the video / Nice flying!

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

It might not be as unobtainable as many think. While we all clearly have different budgets, there are lots of pilots who are getting every single new release, whom could easily get a turbine by just skipping a couple. So at least for some, it is just a matter of choice and priorities
                                      Do I read correctly (looking at a turbine mfg’s website) that turbines require a periodic factory overhaul? I saw mention of a $300 every 25 hours. That would really be costly for me, if it is true...as much as I fly.

-GG

Comment

• It really shouldn't take a video to believe what people say. Yes we know there are a lot of people that post questionable info but we should all know the people that post good info. Takes me back a bunch of years when I had my F-14 which did a beautiful flat spin. People said no way and I was lying and to post video. They honestly did not believe with out video. I fly model airplanes. I don't do video. Heck I seldom even take pictures.

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

Do I read correctly (looking at a turbine mfg’s website) that turbines require a periodic factory overhaul? I saw mention of a $300 every 25 hours. That would really be costly for me, if it is true...as much as I fly.

-GG
                                          Yes, most manufacturers require inspection and overhaul at 25 hours of total run time. Mostly to inspect the rotor and replace the bearings. But think about it. Assume 10 minutes of total run time every time you fly. That's 6 flights per hour of run time, and 150 flights to get to 25 hours.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X