• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vduniec

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Just pre-ordered , could not resist more than 36 hrs, enter button was screaming...yet again!

Comment

• Preordered 2 just cuz !

Comment

• Hey Alpha, what is the diameter of the drag chute tube on the back of the jet?

Comment

• "Because I was inverted"

Comment

• Originally posted by Spinny Testaverde View Post
              "Because I was inverted"

The only thing that gives it away is no huge amounts of black smoke. Forget TV and make a black smoke generator

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                I don’t know, sorry. In my Arrows the ailerons are so tiny I had to add tailerons to get a decent roll. Full span may be the answer in this bird.

I would definitely suggest looking at tailerons first, full span ailerons last.

Tailerons is a scale feature and highly effective, and something I will definitely do on mine regardless of everything else.

Roll authority should be very easy to achieve on this model anyway, if anything too easy :)

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  Add another gyro or two. My SebArt Mig 29 uses 2 gyros - one for control surfaces (Freewing) and one for the VT nozzles (HobbyEagle). If I wanted to spit ailerons and elevators, I would just add another gyro, but on that plane, 2 is enough and they're cheap.
                  True, more gyros is always an option, but that kinda defeats the purpose of having a single, centralized power unit such as the pioneer.

Comment

• Originally posted by The43rdHammer View Post

Er... and the new school ... see SAB HAVOK for further details.

You missed the point entirely. The new design for the mig is exactly the same concept as for the old SU-35 and eurofighter - plastic in plastic, hollow ball solution. Don't get me wrong, nothing really bad about that, just an observation from my end, not critique.

As for the comparison to SAB models, that is a completely different solution - and also old school btw (been around for decades and nothing new).

If you want to look at anything new for vectoring within the turbine segment, it would have to be the skymaster SU-30, which has actual scale nozzles. But you need up in a really big size class to accommodate something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

You missed the point entirely. .... As for the comparison to SAB models, that is a completely different solution - and also old school btw (been around for decades and nothing new)....
                      I don't think I did miss the point, I was saying that new models like the HAVOK are using this sytstem so it's not especially "old school". If you look at Martin Pickering's build video you'll see that conceptually the SAB HAVOK system is the same as the old Freewing SU-35 ... yes, I accept that the linkages might have moved forwards, but that's hardly a design innovation.

The Skymaster SU-30 is insane, looks lovely doesn't it and I have no idea how that works but can well believe it's state-of-the-art. Probably state-of-the wallet as well 🤣

Anyway, not wanting to cause a fuss but if it ain't broke, don't fix it I say 😎

Take care

Andy

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                        Hey Alpha, what is the diameter of the drag chute tube on the back of the jet?

RCjetdude The diameter of the cap is 22mm, the diameter of the housing is 25mm at its narrowest point, and widens as it moves forward. Keep in mind, the 25mm width at the housing's narrowest point also includes the airbrake. A 2mm thick airbrake would would give you just 21mm to work with. Omitting the airbrake of course would of course give you a 25mm OD tube, which I think is plenty for you to work our magic.

Wrthog Thank you!
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

The Main wheels are about 80mm and the nose wheels 65mm
                          The mains are actually 85mm with a 5mm shaft.

Edit: Sorry, I thought I was on the A-10 forum. Those are the twin 80mm A-10 dimensions.

Comment

• Big thanks to everyone for joining the live show today. I wanted to share the link which will open directly at the RAW flight video of the MiG-29 on 5100mAh Admiral Carbon packs and remind everyone that in a an hour or so we will have this full flight as a seperate video where you can here Major Patrick Croasdale talking and also we had 2 cameras on the flight (I was holding one) so on some of the passes you can see a wider angle as many have requested.

Stay Tuned!

Comment

• First Full Flight video of the Freewing MiG-29 is posted. More to come: https://youtu.be/AvEhS0SXA3E

Comment

• I wasn't able to make the Live stream, so I'll have to watch it now and the additional flight video. I'll looking forward to it.

Comment

• Hello! I was wathcing all videos, i cant wait for this Mig. How many meters of grass runway i need for this Mig? Thanks

Comment

• I'll tell you what, I was sold the millisecond the jet was announced. However, the more pictures and video I see of it, the more excited I am (if that were even possible to be more happy than I already was) with how this MiG-29 was designed and the value.

A rather large foam MiG-29 was on my Top 5 list of RC purchases for many years, so it's a relief to see one AND one that appears to be enginnered so nicely. I'm excited to get this out to the field when it's available.

Comment

• FWIW, I much preferred the the normal view shots over the tight telephoto ones. Showed off the planes performance much more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacckall View Post
                                        Hello! I was wathcing all videos, i cant wait for this Mig. How many meters of grass runway i need for this Mig? Thanks
                                        I would think that is highly dependent on how you fly. Judging by the A-10, I have landings where I touch down at the threshold at absolute minimum speed, and the rollout is like 15-20 feet. I have other landings where I consume the majority of our >400ft runway failing to touch down, then touch down too fast and roll off the end into the weeds. So it seems more dependent on my skills (or lack thereof) than the plane. For takeoff, I usually roll out at least 150ft, but I take off without flaps and don't really try to leap into the air at the earliest possible moment.

Comment

• Beauty bird and Many of us will be happy to have it.
                                          Please don't forget there is huge group of people wishing to make bigger F-22 Raptor. Let Alpha know that More than 200 pilots is asking for F-22 same size as Mig29.
                                          Thank you guys. Best for you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X