X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    I just went out and made a video of my mixing. Tailerons, full span flaps, crow and rudder airbrakes.
    Great video Evan!

This is exactly how I have my Mig-29 set up including the air brakes. My F-22 is set up this way also. I will bump up my stab roll mix to 50% next time out like your using. I gave up on changing rates for different flight phases so now I mostly just fly everything in high rate with some expo. I'm using 11 channels with 1 left for wheel brakes coming later. It took some trial and error to get the elevator mix for the air brakes figured out but it works well now. Great video on how every thing can be set up.

Gary

Comment

• Thanks guys!

Comment

• I used to leave the car outside and keep all my bikes in the garage Evan

Comment

I just went out and made a video of my mixing. Tailerons, full span flaps, crow and rudder airbrakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjf3px05o8I
          Evan Just a fantastic video. Really getting the most out of the airframe!
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Good catch Paul!

Comment

• I have had about 30+ flights on my Mig 29 and yesterday was my last. I have done Humpty Bump turnarounds on almost all my flights with the Mig. Yesterday the plane lost elevator authority on the downward portion of the maneuver and just spiraled to the ground. It looked like a stall however the nose was pointing down and the throttle was only 10-20 percent, if that. Pulling the elevator resulted in no change in the pitch. Both servos for the stabs were working when I put it through post mortem. I have never stalled coming out of a Humpty Bump with any plane. I suspect there is something with the Mig 29 design that makes the stab control not functional in certain conditions based on all the reports from flyers. This a wonderful jet to fly and I will probably replace it if we get any information about design changes or fixes for the horizontal stabilizer.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Sorry for your loss Skittercat. One VERY important fact is that a wing can be made to stall at any airspeed and at any attitude. Having a nose down attitude and stalling is quite possible. As long as the critical angle of attack is exceeded, the wing will be stalled. No matter what the nose attitude is in relation to the horizon.

Once stalled, pulling on the elevator will not initiate a recovery. Recovery can only be achieved by reducing the angle of attack. This usually is accomplished by reducing the amount of up elevator...but can be achieved by kicking in the afterburner (adding a lot of thrust, that is).

Once stalled (even with nose down) pulling on the elevator will have little effect....other than to keep you in the stall. MiG-29 or otherwise....these laws of aerodynamics apply.

Knowing this saved my life.....literally! I got into a wind shear induced stall at 500 ft AGL and the plane I was flying in went into a spin. Only by moving the stick immediately to the forward position to unstall the wing (holding opposite rudder, too) allowed the spin to stop and I recovered with about 10 ft of altitude. Whew!

-GG

Comment

• What's a "Humpty Dumpty" turn look like?

Comment

• Gordon Penner, CFI and Dr. Jeff Granger explain and demonstrate the execution and criteria of a humpty bump.

Humpty Bump

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                      Thanks. This maneuver seems like a very dangerous one for this plane, considering that it has an alarming rate of elevator control loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        Thanks. This maneuver seems like a very dangerous one for this plane, considering that it has an alarming rate of elevator control loss.
                        Or number of pilots who fly fast with the flaps down leading to a loss of control event.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

Knowing this saved my life.....literally! I got into a wind shear induced stall at 500 ft AGL and the plane I was flying in went into a spin. Only by moving the stick immediately to the forward position to unstall the wing (holding opposite rudder, too) allowed the spin to stop and I recovered with about 10 ft of altitude. Whew!

-GG
                          Same here. My replica Fokker E-III stalled and started into a spin at 500 AGL. I managed to recover above 100 feet. Click image for larger version

Name:	Eindecker 1.JPG
Views:	649
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	288854
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Beautiful Fokker!!!

Comment

• and a nice plane too

Comment

• Current info from the poll I created. Thank you for those that have added their info, it is very appreciated.

16 have answered the poll
                                13 had the upgraded FW servos, 2 had the stock FW servos, 1 didn't say
                                5/14 bypassed the MCBe/ BB
                                8/15 upgraded the elevator pushrods
                                1 had mods to the elevator horns
                                3/12 had balanced the stabs
                                3/14 had a different BEC
                                8/14 used the factory balance marks
                                All believe their crash was loss of elevator control

Comment

Current info from the poll I created. Thank you for those that have added their info, it is very appreciated.

16 have answered the poll
                                  13 had the upgraded FW servos, 2 had the stock FW servos, 1 didn't say
                                  5/14 bypassed the MCBe/ BB
                                  8/15 upgraded the elevator pushrods
                                  1 had mods to the elevator horns
                                  3/12 had balanced the stabs
                                  3/14 had a different BEC
                                  8/14 used the factory balance marks
                                  All believe their crash was loss of elevator control
                                  Surprised that so many had the CG on the factory marks.

Any information about flaps?

Comment

• I would have to create a new poll to add questions so I asked people to post specifics. No one has mentioned flaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Surprised that so many had the CG on the factory marks.
                                      It didn't seem to matter. Almost 50:50.

Comment

• How many on here, when pushed, don’t have a clue where they’re balanced at???

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittercat View Post
                                          I have had about 30+ flights on my Mig 29 and yesterday was my last.
                                          Very sorry for your crash. What servos were you using on the stabs?
                                          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X