X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
    How do you find those rivet wheels Jetman? I'm about to tackle the freewing A10 and was going to try that technique to dress it up some. I dont think I have the craftsmanship yet to tackle the glue technique, you've been at this a lot longer :)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20210114_113238.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	295161Click image for larger version  Name:	20210114_112813.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.0 KB ID:	295159Click image for larger version  Name:	20210114_113038.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.7 KB ID:	295160
      Originally posted by mshagg View Post
      How do you find those rivet wheels Jetman? I'm about to tackle the freewing A10 and was going to try that technique to dress it up some. I dont think I have the craftsmanship yet to tackle the glue technique, you've been at this a lot longer :)
      Read post #3798
      BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Cheers mate, I've already printed one out just wondering what people's experiences have been with using them :)

Comment

• Yes I agree the glue one takes alot of skill to do, but like so much better, about how many hours did it take for the glued one to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by steven gubala View Post
            Yes I agree the glue one takes alot of skill to do, but like so much better, about how many hours did it take for the glued one to do?
            As far as I can see from photos there are remarkably few raised rivets on the MiG (or any other high performance aircraft). Mostly flush rivets and countersunk screws.

Comment

• With the Flite-Metal they supply a wheel for imprinting rivets. It is a fabric marking wheel. It works pretty good and I will try it on bare foam to see how it looks tomorrow. Here is a pic of the rivets in aluminum.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Hey guys, installed my upgraded servos from Motion. Is this signs of bad servos or is this normal to have this kind of play? I mean it seems like a lot of free play in the gearing. Also, I'm running reflex on both aileron and flap, is the wingtip washout mod necessary if I'm running the reflex? Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

As far as I can see from photos there are remarkably few raised rivets on the MiG (or any other high performance aircraft). Mostly flush rivets and countersunk screws.
                  True, there are a few words about rivets here:

Comment

• Originally posted by RC30Flyer View Post
                    Hey guys, installed my upgraded servos from Motion. Is this signs of bad servos or is this normal to have this kind of play? I mean it seems like a lot of free play in the gearing. Also, I'm running reflex on both aileron and flap, is the wingtip washout mod necessary if I'm running the reflex? Thanks in advance!!!

https://youtu.be/N3RsweoCKEw
                    Yeah that's pretty typical with the stock setup. If you improve the hardware - and I think it's a mod worth doing for the price of a couple of beers - the freeplay improves dramatically. 4-40 links, dubro hardware, heavy duty servo horns.

re: wingtip washout, none of these things are really necessary but doing so should improve the stall characteristics. With reflex dialled in to the ail and flap surfaces the wing tips are now likely to be the first part of the wing to lose lift - not ideal.

Comment

• Dont have this plane but its on subject... what is wingtip washout.?...

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                        Dont have this plane but its on subject... what is wingtip washout.?...

Comment

• Here is a pic of the fabric marking wheel and a little test I did on an extra D/F cover I had for my F-4. It is workable but doesn’t look as good as it does on the Flite-Metal. Also a pic of the canopy hatch on my F-104 I am working on.
                          Attached Files

Comment

•  
                            BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• When Dree Brees retires, then I'll retire,lol. Until then, I'm back in the game. I call this one, The"Eye of the Tiger"🐯
                              So I decided too finish my Mig29 by adding the tiger graphic too the tail which (I was against) extra decals and some weathering. Didn't think it would look right with the camo but
                              surprisingly it looks good. March Madness eat your heart out
                              yours truly,
                              Rob Thomas

Comment

• Originally posted by 8492ndIOWA View Post
                                When Dree Brees retires, then I'll retire,lol. Until then, I'm back in the game.
                                Wow that is exceptionally well done! Be careful not to fly it into Devin White's hands, lol.

Comment

• Dree Brees? You talking the guy that plays football?

Comment

• Hey Waconut, use a ruler as a guide for the wheel to give a straight line

Comment

• Originally posted by 8492ndIOWA View Post
                                      When Dree Brees retires, then I'll retire,lol. Until then, I'm back in the game. I call this one, The"Eye of the Tiger"🐯
                                      So I decided too finish my Mig29 by adding the tiger graphic too the tail which (I was against) extra decals and some weathering. Didn't think it would look right with the camo but
                                      surprisingly it looks good. March Madness eat your heart out
                                      yours truly,
                                      Rob Thomas
                                      8I, Wow! Lookin' good. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by steven gubala View Post
                                        Hey Waconut, use a ruler as a guide for the wheel to give a straight line
                                        Yeah I did on my F-104 just free handed it on the test to see how the rivets look on the foam.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC30Flyer View Post
                                          Hey guys, installed my upgraded servos from Motion. Is this signs of bad servos or is this normal to have this kind of play? I mean it seems like a lot of free play in the gearing. Also, I'm running reflex on both aileron and flap, is the wingtip washout mod necessary if I'm running the reflex? Thanks in advance!!!

https://youtu.be/N3RsweoCKEw
                                          Don't use the supplied linkage. Use a brand name servo with higher torque specifications as well.
                                          4QR1HU9N7

Comment

Working...
                                          X