X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    I don't think so. I think the reason it's out of stock is simply due to shipping issues. I think FW will simply be putting in the slightly upgraded servos as the assemble the newer kits,
    Yeah any kind of material revision would be somewhat unprecedented wouldn't it? And presumably leave the manufacturer open to redress for the owners of the first iteration. I don't see it happening.

I'd just amend the manual to warn operators to exercise caution when deploying flaps, although perhaps that's implied by the intermediate/advanced skill tag on the product page

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
      RC Castle still has stock but I have a feeling that once those are gone, there may be a period of time of "out of stock" till Motion and Freewing has figured out how to remedy the weaknesses in this plane. And really, who knows how long that will be and I'm sure Motion ain't talking.
       - 1/9 scale with 74" length and 50" wingspan.- Newest version with 30g metal gear servo for elevator.  - With twin 3658-1920Kv brushless inrunner motors and 9-blade fans propel the model to 120mph.- Highest level of engineering for a modern Plug-And-Play EDF

In the meantime, I'll keep flying mine and doing my best to avoid flight scenarios that "might" succumb to those weaknesses. So far, so good.
      yes i saw it, but transport costs between 60 and 120US$ + TAX are just too much for me and i don't know the transport security. MotionRC cost a little more, but I have no problems with deliveries. I already bought a SU-35 there and was very satisfied with the transport and service.
      maybe i will keep an eye on the private market and buy a MIG if someone wants to sell one.

Comment

RC Castle still has stock but I have a feeling that once those are gone, there may be a period of time of "out of stock" till Motion and Freewing has figured out how to remedy the weaknesses in this plane. And really, who knows how long that will be and I'm sure Motion ain't talking.
         - 1/9 scale with 74" length and 50" wingspan.- Newest version with 30g metal gear servo for elevator.  - With twin 3658-1920Kv brushless inrunner motors and 9-blade fans propel the model to 120mph.- Highest level of engineering for a modern Plug-And-Play EDF

In the meantime, I'll keep flying mine and doing my best to avoid flight scenarios that "might" succumb to those weaknesses. So far, so good.
        Addressing the poor power supply and eliminating or reducing the ridiculous amount of servo wire will vastly improve the reliability of the Mig.
        4QR1HU9N7

Comment

• TVs in stock at Motion! I ordered them, Gripen and MiG earlier. Life is good.

Comment

• If only the elevator linkages decide to show up i will be ready for the maiden ... buddy of mine make this in carbon fiber , but i’m way to afraid of bending, so i will wait .
            Well, the TV show up back in stock to late for me on this one, maybe on the second one ?
            Shes ready-ish
            THANK YOU AGAIN for the likes on the previous post.
            And yes , CCCP it is .
            the light system from MytrickRC works beautifully
            So lucky to get one !
            Attached Files

Comment

• kallend check your PMs.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Horn.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	298700 For those who don't follow RCG, there was a crash report today. The aluminum elevator horns failed in flight due to bending loads. I just cut some doublers from aluminum angle stock and added to mine.

Comment

• Here is the bent ones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Horn bent.jpeg
Views:	662
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	298703

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
                    Here is the bent ones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Horn bent.jpeg
Views:	662
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	298703
                    Are we sure that happened in flight and not from the crash? I know those aluminum horns are small but I wouldn't have thought they could bend like that with out ripping out of the plastic mount.
                    😨

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickc2023 View Post
                      Are we sure that happened in flight and not from the crash? I know those aluminum horns are small but I wouldn't have thought they could bend like that with out ripping out of the plastic mount.
                      Without having seen any footage or otherwise know the story, I would by default bet quite a bit on this being impact damage and not root cause.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• The amount of force to bend the tab like that seems outside of anything aerodynamically generated. While not knowing the full story, I agree with Janmb. My bet is on crash impact forces causing the bending. I inspect my MiG frequently. Not seeing even a hint of anything failing in the area or with the horns themselves.

If more info is available, would be nice to see it re-posted here. Definitely need to avoid a case of “Chicken Little” sky is falling.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                          The amount of force to bend the tab like that seems outside of anything aerodynamically generated. While not knowing the full story, I agree with Janmb. My bet is on crash impact forces causing the bending. I inspect my MiG frequently. Not seeing even a hint of anything failing in the area or with the tabs themselves.

If more info is available, would be nice to see it re-posted here. Definitely need to avoid a case of “Chicken Little” sky is falling.

-GG
                          Ya think? "I crashed my car head on into a fire hydrant. It bent the frame. The car was poorly designed. It got scared seeing the hydrant coming and bent itself. They need to build beefier frames."

Comment

Ya think? "I crashed my car head on into a fire hydrant. It bent the frame. The car was poorly designed. It got scared seeing the hydrant coming and bent itself. They need to build beefier frames."
                            LOL...It does appear that the aluminum horn DID see the beefy <appears to be titanium> push rod coming. Score: Push rod 1, Horn 0

-GG

Comment

• It's always difficult to distinguish between damage that caused a crash and damage caused by a crash. But yeah I think it's a little early to ring the alarm bells on the alum horn. Especially when people are kinda sensitive about this model!

Or. Maybe it's the fault we've been chasing all along

Comment

• It is not. Plenty of crashed jets had the horns straight and well after the crash.
                                It's certainly another piece to revise and upgrade though, no horn should twist so easily.

I kinda agree with the sentiment that the bend on those seems crashed induced, not crash-inducing.

Comment

• Can somebody please point me to the thread number that describes which wires on the serial cable go to the ailerons? Need to assign them to individual receiver channel now that TV kit has arrived. Still trying to wrap my head around this project. Assuming 10-channel minimum on receiver for this project. Thanks.

Comment

• Do you have a multimeter? Go from the back of the wing interconnection board, signal for the aileron, it's printed on the board, and figure it out...

Got my TVs today. Hour and a half to put them in but I still have to put the vertical stabs and wings back on and wire the receiver/ program the TX and balance it. It adds almost a half pound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      Do you have a multimeter? Go from the back of the wing interconnection board, signal for the aileron, it's printed on the board, and figure it out...

Got my TVs today. Hour and a half to put them in but I still have to put the vertical stabs and wings back on and wire the receiver/ program the TX and balance it. It adds almost a half pound.
                                      Wow. Half a pound in the tail seems like a lot of weight to have to balance out. I wonder if maybe I’ll have to use the front tray for the battery instead. 🤔 Do you plan to put your TVs on a gyro?

Comment

• Agree I’ll probably be using the front battery tray. I don’t do gyros and the big MiG is so stable if I did it’s one plane that I wouldn’t...

Comment

• Ah ok.... Leaving the nozzles off of the gyro is one option I have with my setup. I honestly don’t know if there is a benefit to using a gyro on the nozzles since this jet can’t hover with the stock power system anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                          X