First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Griffon Wings View Post
    Brothers oh brothers ,
    my very last wish is to give negativity to this plane ,
    I’m thinking so hard in my little known on the rc world what can be got wrong.
    because i’m not an expert, just a hobbies like you having fun
    all my best
    GW, Your English is infinitely better than my French or any other language for that matter.

Your sentiment toward this hobby and your passion for the experience is universal, however.

I trust you will build another MiG 29, and in the meantime, perhaps something else.

Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
      Took quite a while but managed to 'reconvert' my video to new music and re-upload
      Great stuff AG, I really enjoy your videos, the original music was great, and this version is good as well, too bad the overlords have to have their fingers on everything

The only thing I miss with the music is that I can't tell what you're doing with the throttle on some of your maneuvers without hearing the fan noise. Seems the majority of your flights are at mid throttle because the jet seems to be flying nice and relaxed. Is the video recording at real time or is it slightly slowed down? Looks like your casually strolling through the park with the nose in a slight upward position half the time.

Anyway, keep em coming, I definitely enrolled in AG's Mig 29 Flight School, class 101. Another 100 hours and I'll be ready for class 201. Seriously, your videos help me plan out certain routines and give me something to shoot for and emulate.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
        The only thing I miss with the music is that I can't tell what you're doing with the throttle on some of your maneuvers without hearing the fan noise.
        No problem, I have you covered!
        The original flights without music/slowmo are uploaded on my main channel:

In the music version, video speed is down to 0.7-0.75x about 90% of the time.
        The complete range of speeds I am using is from 0.55x up to 0.9x times real speed depending on the scene but I use the extremes very sparingly.

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
        Anyway, keep em coming, I definitely enrolled in AG's Mig 29 Flight School, class 101. Another 100 hours and I'll be ready for class 201. Seriously, your videos help me plan out certain routines and give me something to shoot for and emulate.
        Really happy to hear that!

Comment

• Yeah baby !! Way to go AG ! Jelous of it ...
          videos like this give me the burst to get another one .
          thank you for sharing . Vamonos 🛫🛫🛫

Comment

• Salut les gars , désolé pour la perte du Mig-29 Ailes de griffon. Je ne suis pas rassurer , je dois faire le premier vol du mien se week-end . jais deux batterie HRB 6000 50C , servo hitec a l'ascenseur , Hyperion aux ailerons . un bec de 12A et jais tout séparé de la BB . par contre je n'ai pas le choix de mettre une batterie devant a cause des tuyères imprime en 3D plus lourdes. Pour le CG , jai garde la mesure du plan qui m'équilibre l'avion légèrement le nez en bas . si je recule le CG de 10mm le Mig plonge fortement vers le bas .
            Je ferai l' essai et on verra si tout se passe bien sinon il rejoindra celui d'Ailes de griffon.

Triste encore pour Ailes de Griffon.

Comment

• Chrys, je vous souhaite un beau vol inaugural!

Originally posted by Griffon Wings View Post
              Yeah baby !! Way to go AG ! Jelous of it ...
              videos like this give me the burst to get another one .
              thank you for sharing . Vamonos 🛫🛫🛫

Comment

No problem, I have you covered!
                The original flights without music/slowmo are uploaded
                In the music version, video speed is down to 0.7-0.75x about 90% of the time.
                The complete range of speeds I am using is from 0.55x up to 0.9x times real speed depending on the scene but I use the extremes very sparingly.
                Really happy to hear that!
                Now for the AG Mig Flight School Graduate Classes 201-301, I'm expecting videos with a split screen, with 1/4 view on the bottom left showing your TX and stick movements, synced to the real time flight video. Then us students can visually see what the heck you're doing to make the Mig fly that way.

That's not too much to ask for is it?
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrys View Post
                  Salut les gars , désolé pour la perte du Mig-29 Ailes de griffon. Je ne suis pas rassurer , je dois faire le premier vol du mien se week-end . jais deux batterie HRB 6000 50C , servo hitec a l'ascenseur , Hyperion aux ailerons . un bec de 12A et jais tout séparé de la BB . par contre je n'ai pas le choix de mettre une batterie devant a cause des tuyères imprime en 3D plus lourdes. Pour le CG , jai garde la mesure du plan qui m'équilibre l'avion légèrement le nez en bas . si je recule le CG de 10mm le Mig plonge fortement vers le bas .
                  Je ferai l' essai et on verra si tout se passe bien sinon il rejoindra celui d'Ailes de griffon.

Triste encore pour Ailes de Griffon.

Merci mon ami ,
                  jes suis sûr que le vol sera gènial . L’avion est magnifique, tojours bon d’avoir le nez en bas, concerne soulament de la part horizontal.
                  bonne chance Chrys,
                  je suis désolé pour mon français, je suis italianne,
                  je me souviens peu.
                  alors, bon voyage 🛫!!
                  Peux-tu faire un video ?
                  Merci ancor, à la prochaine !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Now for the AG Mig Flight School Graduate Classes 201-301, I'm expecting videos with a split screen, with 1/4 view on the bottom left showing your TX and stick movements, synced to the real time flight video. Then us students can visually see what the heck you're doing to make the Mig fly that way.

That's not too much to ask for is it?
                    No problem at all, will certainly do!
                    I have some videos like this already with Su-35 and F-18, FWIW, I leave one of each to warm up for the MiG! ^^

Comment

• Airguardian Now that's what I'm talkin about, muchas gracias. Not often I get what I ask for.
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• This one was fast!

Hopefully tomorrow I can get some Tx split footage with the MiG-29 recorded. :)

Comment

• AG-Your stick work is sooooo smooth and no extraneous movements. Excellent pilotage!

Sadly AL37 Bird#2 is in the spare parts pile (Bird #1 was retired....I wore it out).

Great day for flying....calm and upper 50s.

I got distracted and hit a light pole. Primary rule of keeping blue sky between objects and plane was violated.

I hate that when it happens. Total loss but lots of spare parts.

AL37 #3 on order. I did get about 300 flights on #2, so a reasonable cost per flight was achieved.

A wise person once told me, “Don’t fly RC if crashing upsets you. YOU WILL CRASH!”

Condolences are welcome!

-GG

Comment

• My condolences GG! Good to hear that it wasn't the final straw!

Comment

• Sorry for your loss. Another wise man said "If you ain't crashin', you ain't flyin'!"
                              Pat

Comment

• Re-wrote a song with the Meme-29!

"MIG me to the moon,
                                let me play among RED stars...
                                Let me see what stall is like
                                on a- 'Fulcrum' frame with LERX
                                In other words, throttle down...
                                In other words, baby, spin me!"
                                ♪♫♪♫

Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                                AG-Your stick work is sooooo smooth and no extraneous movements. Excellent pilotage!
                                Thanks!
                                Well, to be fair, sometimes my fingers are a bit twitchy when cold or nervous, expo helps with that.
                                In any case, with the throws and CG that I usually sport, I really need to be 'fine' with sticks so as not to overdo things :)

Sadly AL37 Bird#2 is in the spare parts pile (Bird #1 was retired....I wore it out).
                                Sad to hear, sorry for the loss... :'(

I hate that when it happens. Total loss but lots of spare parts.
                                Truth!
                                I have benefitted so much from flying almost exclusively two jets (Su-35 and EF) for a decade... almost any spare part I may have needed was always at hand in the 'pile of honourable smithereens'.

Condolences are welcome!

-GG
                                Condolences given! :)

Comment

Re-wrote a song with the Meme-29!

Don't give up your day job.

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Don't give up your day job.
                                      Maybe he should sing that for us. Oh, wait.... NOOOO!!

Comment

"MIG me to the moon,
                                        In other words, baby, spin me!"
                                        ♪♫♪♫

I've never used tailerons, but after seeing your videos I'm thinking of trying it. Any tips on that? Also, could you please share any control surface throws that are different than what the manual calls for.

Comment

"MIG me to the moon,
                                          In other words, baby, spin
                                          Very clever, I for one got a real kick out of that video, choreographed to the music. Spectacular scenery with the moon and great flight. Very soothing and relaxing, better than counting sheep.
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X