Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
    fishface5
    ........and people on this forum will not admit there is a serious problem with this model
    CM... Many of us have spent a lot of time snd money on making modifications to the MiG and posted the info in this forum.

Because of recognizing that design weaknesses exist and acting accordingly, lots of us continue to fly the MiG and enjoy this hellova good flying EDF. I made 20 flights with it yesterday and had a great time!

A majority of 200+ pages in this forum are dedicated to the fact that problems were identified and ideas were shared about how to address the design weakness. I feel we have admitted it, acted upon our observations, and are enjoying the results of the group think!

-GG

Comment

• I agree it's time for MRC to say something. FreeWing themselves don't say anything ever but historically MRC has been pretty good.

We, the people that bought and fly the MiG have been the beta testers on this one and, as GG says, have identified possible weaknesses and shared our fixes. But I feel these are band aides and that there needs to be a true fix to how the big MIG flies. At over $700 for the plane and TVs it's a big budget item for most.

Either way good communication is good customer service. If FreeWing thinks there really isn't any problem (that the upgraded servos didn't fix) then have their distributors make a statement and release it for sale.

Comment

• Well said Evan D

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
          fishface5
          Is it out of stock or has it been withdrawn from sale due to this evevator problem. I think it has been withdrawn from sale and not out of stock at all. Hence the long wait for it to come back in stock. It is about time Freewing/MRC told us the truth on this subject. A lot of people have lost a lot of money with so many strange crashes all with no elevator contoll on this model but Freewing/MRC and people on this forum will not admit there is a serious problem with this model
          Stranger things have been known to happen. There is a possibility that Freewing has collected all the fixes performed and discussed here and could be redesigning and implementing them towards creating a V2. If that's the case, all those who put in tiresome effort and testing to create real working fixes should be awarded a complimentary, "free V2" as a thank you for nursing the expensive and slightly broken bird to it's proper flying glory...You can't save 'em all, but some people saved this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post

. . . .all those who put in tiresome effort and testing to create real working fixes should be awarded a complimentary, "free V2" as a thank you for nursing the expensive and slightly broken bird to it's proper flying glory.
            Right after this.

. Click image for larger version

Name:	Flying+Pig.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	306144

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Right after this.

. Click image for larger version  Name:	Flying+Pig.jpg Views:	7 Size:	20.9 KB ID:	306144
              Or maybe wearing these too much .........................................
              Click image for larger version  Name:	107757599-rose-colored-glasses-in-the-shape-of-a-heart-close-up-concept-love-feast-day-of-the-holy-valentine-t.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	306152

Comment

• I love those responses!!!

Comment

• A bit off topic but an interesting analogy .................................... I've owned a couple of Corvettes in my day. "The BEST Vette, yet", they say. Both were garbage, in the shop every alternating month. The ZR-1 had a glitch in the Eprom that caused the engine to stall a lot when hot. GM asked me if they could borrow my car as a test bed for a new program in the Eprom and test it out for 3 months. The new chip worked like a charm. At the end of the test, I asked if they could give me a new eprom --------------------- NO! Could I get one on warranty? ---------------- NO! Will you give me a new car for helping you out? --------------------- NO! I thought I should have received a brand new ZR-1 but then, in those days, my rosy glasses were VERY thick and all my pigs flew. On the other hand, maybe Freewing is a way better and more generous company than Gigantic Motors and hand out free Migs to everyone who helped to make it a better plane? -------------------------------------- YEAH, RIGHT!!!!!

Comment

• They'd have to separate the helpers from the complainers too...

My family including aunt, uncles, cousins, step parents etc were all involved with the Mercury through Space Shuttle programs at the Cape, even before Mercury with many missile programs like Polaris. From building facilities to the aircraft, training and launch, they should have gotten free building materials to build their houses... Oh wait, they did... Maybe not authorized though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      They'd have to separate the helpers from the complainers too...

My family including aunt, uncles, cousins, step parents etc were all involved with the Mercury through Space Shuttle programs at the Cape, even before Mercury with many missile programs like Polaris. From building facilities to the aircraft, training and launch, they should have gotten free building materials to build their houses... Oh wait, they did... Maybe not authorized though.
                      As we've seen on this and many other threads, the complainers are easy to spot. However, the anal retentive, compulsive/obsessive and RC hypochondriacs are bit more tricky to tag.

Comment

• Some more MiG flying

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          I love those responses!!!
                          So do I.....😜

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            A bit off topic but an interesting analogy .................................... I've owned a couple of Corvettes in my day. "The BEST Vette, yet", they say. Both were garbage, in the shop every alternating month. The ZR-1 had a glitch in the Eprom that caused the engine to stall a lot when hot. GM asked me if they could borrow my car as a test bed for a new program in the Eprom and test it out for 3 months. The new chip worked like a charm. At the end of the test, I asked if they could give me a new eprom --------------------- NO! Could I get one on warranty? ---------------- NO! Will you give me a new car for helping you out? --------------------- NO! I thought I should have received a brand new ZR-1 but then, in those days, my rosy glasses were VERY thick and all my pigs flew. On the other hand, maybe Freewing is a way better and more generous company than Gigantic Motors and hand out free Migs to everyone who helped to make it a better plane? -------------------------------------- YEAH, RIGHT!!!!!
                            It's ok for me to post ridiculousness...You do it all the time. Don't forget, you're the one with the photo of your head up yer arse...😜

Comment

It's ok for me to post ridiculousness...You do it all the time. Don't forget, you're the one with the photo of your head up yer arse...😜
                              And like you, it's OK for me to point it out. That's the way I see others on the net. Sorta like your username.

Comment

• Yeah; If you see others on the Net that way, you might consider your own private forum. You simply know too much. Doesn't matter what someone's Username is; everyone is fair game to you. It's very condescending...

Comment

• I contacted motion thru there chat function and asked if it getting redesigned and the person said no

Comment

• Well that settles that!

Comment

• How are they supposed to sell it if they don't fix it? Freewing just became Dynam in this case?....

Comment

How are they supposed to sell it if they don't fix it? Freewing just became Dynam in this case?....
                                        There’s no getting around the fact that many folks have/are flying it stock outa the box and not having issues and (assuming) not flying fast with the flaps down. I even flew mine with the original original “small” servos for a couple of hundred flights. I just flew it carefully and no more than 1/2 throttle while my MRC upgrade servos were being shipped.

-GG

Comment

• I flew mine with the before upgrade servos too with the pushrods in the innermost holes. Though Alpha called me I decided to accept the risk and fly it.

Fishface, don’t believe everything some person says, even a companies CS rep...

Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

There’s no getting around the fact that many folks have/are flying it stock outa the box and not having issues and (assuming) not flying fast with the flaps down. I even flew mine with the original original “small” servos for a couple of hundred flights. I just flew it carefully and no more than 1/2 throttle while my MRC upgrade servos were being shipped.

-GG

Comment

Working...
                                          X