Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So true about our own perceptions, I consider the Draco, and most E-Flite stuff to be just crazy priced. I fly Spektrum so the smart ESC and receiver are usable for me, if I was flying OS you are also taking a hit on all the smart stuff.

Originally posted by xviper View Post
    YIKES! That puts this plane into very exclusive territory for a foamie. There's something about going into that next 100 dollar threshold that sounds too much. If I were after this plane now and saw that price tag, I doubt I would jump in. Any newbies to this jet, would scan these threads and only see the posts and videos about the crashes and not look any further at the discussions about them and give further consideration to buying one. It was bad enough at 600 and something, but 700 and something is a psychological stumbling block for me, considering what I just bought for 600 bucks (Eflite Draco). Mentally, I consider the Draco to be a better value. But everyone has their own perception of such things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      So true about our own perceptions, I consider the Draco, and most E-Flite stuff to be just crazy priced. I fly Spektrum so the smart ESC and receiver are usable for me, if I was flying OS you are also taking a hit on all the smart stuff.

They ARE crazy priced but these days, what products of any hobby isn't? However, staying within the realm of RC foamies, I do perceive the Draco (and other Eflite products, especially when it comes to their BNF) as a "better" value, not necessarily a "best" value. The ability to have their AS3X and SAFE pre-programmed and ready to go is a great saving of time and money for me. Just having that RX is worth 100 bucks to me. Even using it in a different plane later on, is a bonus. Thus, in my mind, that Draco is really only 500 bucks. Compare that to an 800 buck MiG-29 and well .................................. I know, apples and oranges but ......................

Comment

• I agree 100% with what you are saying BUT so many don't use DSMX or don't care about "Smart" this and that or AS3X or SAFE. But I understand and realize in your case, as well as a decent portion of all the RC'ers it adds to the value.

I consider the big MiG another specialized airplane like the Draco, good comparison actually. Another airplane on the expensive side, specialized, well engineered, unique. But that $800 tag is with optional TVs and with their coming 10% hike OR the current price ($640) and a good receiver and some money left over...

I wonder when HH is going to do a generic price increase...

Originally posted by xviper View Post
        They ARE crazy priced but these days, what products of any hobby isn't? However, staying within the realm of RC foamies, I do perceive the Draco (and other Eflite products, especially when it comes to their BNF) as a "better" value, not necessarily a "best" value. The ability to have their AS3X and SAFE pre-programmed and ready to go is a great saving of time and money for me. Just having that RX is worth 100 bucks to me. Even using it in a different plane later on, is a bonus. Thus, in my mind, that Draco is really only 500 bucks. Compare that to an 800 buck MiG-29 and well .................................. I know, apples and oranges but ...................... :thinking:

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          They ARE crazy priced but these days, what products of any hobby isn't? However, staying within the realm of RC foamies, I do perceive the Draco (and other Eflite products, especially when it comes to their BNF) as a "better" value, not necessarily a "best" value. The ability to have their AS3X and SAFE pre-programmed and ready to go is a great saving of time and money for me. Just having that RX is worth 100 bucks to me. Even using it in a different plane later on, is a bonus. Thus, in my mind, that Draco is really only 500 bucks. Compare that to an 800 buck MiG-29 and well .................................. I know, apples and oranges but ......................
          Don't forget the Lemons!....

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	F9AFA196-3D03-4D18-B287-77C9A24BE0F8.jpeg
Views:	542
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	308808

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	EF9E84D3-CCEB-4C9B-908C-702D60E029F0.jpeg
Views:	556
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	308830

Comment

• Originally posted by pullupnow View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	EF9E84D3-CCEB-4C9B-908C-702D60E029F0.jpeg
Views:	556
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	308830
                It pays to have a friend who is a pro photographer

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  They ARE crazy priced but these days, what products of any hobby isn't? :
                  Compared to lots of hobby activities, RC is pretty cheap. We just spent $8,000 on a 1 week scuba trip, and a long weekend of skydiving at an event can set me back $1,000

Comment

• And I bet that squirrel suit wasn't cheap!? kallend Have you jumped with that thing a lot? Next lifetime for me.

Meaning I think the squirrel suit is badass kallend!

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                      And I bet that squirrel suit wasn't cheap!? kallend Have you jumped with that thing a lot? Next lifetime for me.

Meaning I think the squirrel suit is badass kallend!
                      I have made about 1,100 jumps in the wingsuit, and set 1 world and 2 US national records.

Comment

• What do "Wingsuits" have to do with this thread on the foamy EDF Mig 29??

Comment

• More than your comment complaining about it.

Comment

• fjkelley@cox.net I know, I know. My apologies, I saw the wingsuit in his photo and then he mentioned skydiving, so it was confirmation that it is him and my curiosity rose to the surface. As much as I am interested in mostly these "foamies" and the technical and artistic aspects of owning and flying them, I do find you people who choose to fly them, interesting as well. For one, the number of people on this forum that are active military or retired interests me, whether your service was aviation related or not. Pilot or technician, or whatever. it has little to do with the color of the uniform but more the spark of motivation that brought that person to where they are and what roles they filled. I am also interested in the civilian people in this forum and what interests and motivates them towards mini aeronautics. It could just be that it's something to do in our free time. And then i wonder what else do you do for fun. Maybe our paths or lives are boring as hell, maybe not.

You have Bronco FAC under your name, maybe its because you own the Flightline Bronco, or maybe its because you have something to do with the real Ov10. I have an old rock climbing buddy that is a bronco pilot for CDF and by some strange twist of fate another friend of mine from high school became his back seater, so I see your info and it makes me curious enough to ask questions. Believe me, I'm actually holding back from asking people a lot more questions. And I do have a dozen other stories that are way more interesting than that, of people in my life or that I've met that have fascinating stories or connections relating to aviation interests. But I hold back. I know there are specific threads on the squawk for social interest bs. On an internet forum I would never find out about your background or interests if I didn't ask the questions as the opportunity comes up. I again apologize for the off topic and my tendency towards worded posts. I'll try better to stick to the real meat and potatoes and the specific thread topic, like what batteries your using or if your CG is helping you to achieve a good high alpha. Or why only one of your ailerons work.

Why I felt the need to explain myself I have no clue, but cheers, truly. I hope my reply doesn't sound snarky at all. It's true, it is better if we stick to topic and not waste bytes on bullcrap, though it's not bullcrap to me.

I really hope motionrc gets the Fulcrum back in stock soon, so that we can get more insight on how to achieve maximum performance out of the Mig.

Comment

• Originally posted by fjkelley@cox.net View Post
                              What do "Wingsuits" have to do with this thread on the foamy EDF Mig 29??

The real question is why is there a need for "net nannys"?

Comment

• Post of the day!

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                                fjkelley@cox.net I know, I know. My apologies, I saw the wingsuit in his photo and then he mentioned skydiving, so it was confirmation that it is him and my curiosity rose to the surface. As much as I am interested in mostly these "foamies" and the technical and artistic aspects of owning and flying them, I do find you people who choose to fly them, interesting as well. For one, the number of people on this forum that are active military or retired interests me, whether your service was aviation related or not. Pilot or technician, or whatever. it has little to do with the color of the uniform but more the spark of motivation that brought that person to where they are and what roles they filled. I am also interested in the civilian people in this forum and what interests and motivates them towards mini aeronautics. It could just be that it's something to do in our free time. And then i wonder what else do you do for fun. Maybe our paths or lives are boring as hell, maybe not.

You have Bronco FAC under your name, maybe its because you own the Flightline Bronco, or maybe its because you have something to do with the real Ov10. I have an old rock climbing buddy that is a bronco pilot for CDF and by some strange twist of fate another friend of mine from high school became his back seater, so I see your info and it makes me curious enough to ask questions. Believe me, I'm actually holding back from asking people a lot more questions. And I do have a dozen other stories that are way more interesting than that, of people in my life or that I've met that have fascinating stories or connections relating to aviation interests. But I hold back. I know there are specific threads on the squawk for social interest bs. On an internet forum I would never find out about your background or interests if I didn't ask the questions as the opportunity comes up. I again apologize for the off topic and my tendency towards worded posts. I'll try better to stick to the real meat and potatoes and the specific thread topic, like what batteries your using or if your CG is helping you to achieve a good high alpha. Or why only one of your ailerons work.

Why I felt the need to explain myself I have no clue, but cheers, truly. I hope my reply doesn't sound snarky at all. It's true, it is better if we stick to topic and not waste bytes on bullcrap, though it's not bullcrap to me.

I really hope motionrc gets the Fulcrum back in stock soon, so that we can get more insight on how to achieve maximum performance out of the Mig.

Comment

• PS: I think these threads would miss a lot if we just strictly sticked to the foamies alone. We are a community.

Comment

• AG....slight slo-mo =

Did you get your plastic main gear blocks re-secured OK? I had a somewhat sketchy / windy / drop-in / cross wind landing yesterday, and the Foam Tac + other strengthening mods discussed earlier held just fine.

-GG

Comment

• Hi GG!
                                      No, I didn't come round to do that just yet... I have been travelling a bit and just recently came back home, been busy since then!
                                      No flying either. :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

PS: I think these threads would miss a lot if we just strictly sticked to the foamies alone. We are a community.
                                        OT discussions are what PM's are for.

That, and "The Lounge".

Comment

• Beware of the thread police!

Comment

Working...
                                          X