Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That question is very off topic.

Comment

• Why? You appear to have endless amounts of time on you hands. I wish I had that problem. Hiding something ?
      4QR1HU9N7

Comment

• Airguardian It's great to see the real Migs in action, thanks for sharing!

Comment

• SanExup You're welcome!

Originally posted by 4qr1hu9n7 View Post
          Why? You appear to have endless amounts of time on you hands. I wish I had that problem. Hiding something ?
          Those are details of my private life, and I have no compulsion to share them here, least of all with people I don't personally know and act as agressively as you do.

So feel free to imagine what you please about me. The more badass the better ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
            SanExup You're welcome!
            Those are details of my private life, and I have no compulsion to share them here, least of all with people I don't personally know and act as agressively as you do.
            So feel free to imagine what you please about me. The more badass the better ;)
            All I know, or care to know, is that you're one badass, off the charts incredible pilot & modeler whose advice and recommendations have been invaluable to me. And your videographer and music mixer ain't too shabby either, never miss anything you produce.
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• A couple of weeks ago, I flew my MiG off grass for the very first time. Till then, it was only off GeoTex. The grass flight was stupendous. This plane (with it's upgraded fans) has enough grunt to move it along briskly and get off the grass without any drama. With the center burners glowing, it was a sight to see. Plus, the landing on the grass was so perfect, I couldn't believe it myself. Unlike on GeoTex, where the MiG would "freight train" down the runway and run off the end and onto the sharp ridge of grass, when operating entirely on grass, it slowed down really well and came to a controlled stop, with absolutely no damage or excessive stress on the gear. Next time I fly from the GeoTex, I'll purposely land on the grass to see if I can duplicate that performance.
              Hugh, since you fly off grass, I think you're gonna love this thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                A couple of weeks ago, I flew my MiG off grass for the very first time. Till then, it was only off GeoTex. The grass flight was stupendous. This plane (with it's upgraded fans) has enough grunt to move it along briskly and get off the grass without any drama. With the center burners glowing, it was a sight to see. Plus, the landing on the grass was so perfect, I couldn't believe it myself. Unlike on GeoTex, where the MiG would "freight train" down the runway and run off the end and onto the sharp ridge of grass, when operating entirely on grass, it slowed down really well and came to a controlled stop, with absolutely no damage or excessive stress on the gear. Next time I fly from the GeoTex, I'll purposely land on the grass to see if I can duplicate that performance.
                Hugh, since you fly off grass, I think you're gonna love this thing.
                I'm so looking forward to flying it off grass but still, to date, haven't been able to even get it out for the maiden (or my latest F-18) due to unusually horrible weather this summer. The forecast in the near future is not much better either. I know it is a perfect candidate for grass ops since I've been watching RudyD54 fly his at our field since day one and had him set up mine the same, in fact, he's scheduled to maiden it for me when we finally get a decent opportunity. Thanks for the report, just makes me more anxious to get it going!
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

I'm so looking forward to flying it off grass but still, to date, haven't been able to even get it out for the maiden (or my latest F-18) due to unusually horrible weather this summer. The forecast in the near future is not much better either. I know it is a perfect candidate for grass ops since I've been watching RudyD54 fly his at our field since day one and had him set up mine the same, in fact, he's scheduled to maiden it for me when we finally get a decent opportunity. Thanks for the report, just makes me more anxious to get it going!
                  "All good things come to those who wait"! Our weather in the summer can be very "iffy" for flying. Too hot, too windy, to rainy. I fly whenever the chance comes around. Oddly, winter flying weather is more predictable and can be more constant. We know there's going to be snow/ice and cold, but lots of sunshine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                    All I know, or care to know, is that you're one badass, off the charts incredible pilot & modeler whose advice and recommendations have been invaluable to me. And your videographer and music mixer ain't too shabby either, never miss anything you produce.
                    Thanks Hugh!

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

Thanks Hugh!

All I know is that you've undoubtedly "sold" more FW Mig 29's, F-18's, Gripens and SU-35's than any of those other "paid" reviewers have sold HH planes. If I were Alpha, I know where the first box of a new release would immediately be shipped to, free of charge. MRC never has a presence anymore at events around the country and say they just don't have enough personnel to show up at these events, yet HH and their minions of reviewers are always there, banners and all. BS! MRC has the best "sales people" anyone could ask for, Unpaid customers flying and showing off their products at these events on their own time and at their own expense. Every event I go to I spend more time "showing" off their products than anything else. All they need to do is "arm" these hundreds of unpaid, unbiased "reviewers" with a little support, like supplying MRC/FW/FL/Nexa/Blackhorse banners and a few MRC T-shirts and let that "free" army sell the pants off their products. I suggested that to them for a South Florida Electric event I was putting together and got no where, only HH and their "reviewers" wanted to show up.
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• "All I know, or care to know, is that you're one badass, off the charts incredible pilot & modeler whose advice and recommendations have been invaluable to me. And your videographer and music mixer ain't too shabby either, never miss anything you produce."

Steady up Hugh........slow down on the music side....not quite Elvis ! Right J.........

Comment

• I too have learned a lot from Jandro.

and. . .

1. "Paid" reviewers are generally easy to spot, at which point they get ignored.

2. Just because someone has a decent camera, a slick video editor and a YouTube channel doesn't make them an expert on model aviation. Some pretty inaccurate advice has come from some of these folks. Caveat Spectator.

3. Another clue is anyone who calls himself "Pilot Xxxx" or "Captain Xxxx". These are toy airplanes, not $(multi million) jets.

Comment

• Still gotta find time to make some more 'in-depth', technical videos that I have been planning for a long time... I just never seem to find the right moment to do it.

More 29 vids coming soon ( :
                            Been extra busy as of late...

Originally posted by locharrow View Post
                            Steady up Hugh........slow down on the music side....not quite Elvis ! Right J.........
                            Hahahaha!
                            Whattup Loch? :D
                            That's for each one to decide! ;)

Comment

• Sooooo smooth! Suggestion for a future video: Inset showing your movements of the sticks in synch with the plane’s motion.

There are videos showing pilots constantly jockeying the sticks (being not smooth) who could use your smoothness of control as evidence that stick jostling isn’t the way to do it correctly.

My dad was a WWII flight instructor and when came time to teach me to fly full scale planes, he harped on being a smooth pilot.

-GG

Comment

• Not much that I haven’t seen elsewhere by others - OK flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
                                  Not much that I haven’t seen elsewhere by others - OK flight.
                                  You just had to say something Fred.........................even though it is meaningless...........typical

Comment

• You have your opinion, I have mine. You express your opinion, I express mine. Don’t like it, ignore it, just like I can ignore yours.

Comment

• does anyone else have problems fitting the canopy back after putting the batteries in the middle and rear trays? im using run of the mill 6s 5000 packs but there doesnt seem to be enough room to get the hatch down over them securely

Comment

• Originally posted by Gripper39 View Post
                                        does anyone else have problems fitting the canopy back after putting the batteries in the middle and rear trays? im using run of the mill 6s 5000 packs but there doesnt seem to be enough room to get the hatch down over them securely
                                        What are your battery dimensions?

Check to see if there are indentations on the inside of the cockpit - those will indicate where you might do some carving for a fit.

also check to see if the cables and/or the balance plugs are getting in the way, too.

pictures would also be helpful.

Comment

• Yep….may require a little foam removal from the inside of the lid.

Paint some lipstick onto the top 4 corners of your middle battery and place the canopy on lightly. Then look inside and you will see where the foam removal is needed. Typically, only a little removal is needed.

-GG

PS - Lipstick is easy to wipe off and marks the foam well. Your color of choice…..LOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X