X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
    Had an awesome time with my MiG and L-39 last night. Perfect weather and field all to myself.
    Your Mig is definitely First Class. Would love to see what it looks like in the air with photos or a video!
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• The newer servos and upgrade parts aren't available for us in the US either...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        The newer servos and upgrade parts aren't available for us in the US either...
        I saw that last night on their website, which kinda sucks , since you guys were the pioneers in testing it out and determining any issues. I would have sent a free upgrade to all those who purchased the first few batches, but with that attitude, maybe that's why my start up businesses always went belly up?
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Your Mig is definitely First Class. Would love to see what it looks like in the air with photos or a video!
          Thanks Hugh! Here are a couple videos

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
            She looks great in the air as well, even I could probably follow it's orientation and I'm "blind as a bat". Nice scenery surrounding your airfield also!
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tigerman View Post
              Well I have finally given up any hope of obtaining the Freewing Mig 29 here in Europe .it must be coming up to almost a year now it has been Out Of Stock .To me the fact that it has been Out Of Stock now for almost a year tells me it has been discontinued here in Europe. Shame on you Motion RC .Europe must be the poor cousin ,it has been In Stock in the USA now for ages .but a no show over here in Europe .Still the good news is it has saved me £600 to spend on something else
              Full agreement, the MOTION RC's pathetic approach to European customers. One year since the model was released, zero information. Likewise, I lost all hope and intend to buy Mig from Arrows Hobby. And motion, I recommend changing the manager in Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by lusek_pl View Post

Full agreement, the MOTION RC's pathetic approach to European customers. One year since the model was released, zero information. Likewise, I lost all hope and intend to buy Mig from Arrows Hobby. .
                The ArrowsRC MiG29 is an excellent model with no tendency to self destruct when you lower the flaps.

Comment

• It's a fact of life where the HQ is for a given company as far as RC hobby is concerned. Let me give you an example of SebArt in Italy. They do have a US distributor but that distributor has very little in the way they can get stuff done with SebArt-Italy. So in this vain, SebArt's approach to N. American customers is pathetic. It has nothing to do with the "manager". It is what it is and I don't go screaming naked in the streets trashing SebArt's sense of priority to us. I had to go to Austria to import my SebArt Mig because their US people wouldn't or couldn't do it. In the case of the FW Mig29, people in Europe also have the choice of getting one from RC Castle (when they get stock back). RCC will ship anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

The ArrowsRC MiG29 is an excellent model with no tendency to self destruct when you lower the flaps.
                    K....if you wore wellies when you sky dive could you go into Alpha -lock ?

Comment

Would be interesting if the aeronautical engineers out there on this thread would make an analysis / comparison of the FW and Arrow designs and attempt to figure out why not. Assuming someone has confirmed that flying the Arrow MiG fast with flaps down doesn’t cause lawn darting, FFS downward bending, servo lock, etc.

If that hasn’t been confirmed, then the analysis is probably moot.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post

No, they'd tilt me head down and then get blown off.

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

Would be interesting if the aeronautical engineers out there on this thread would make an analysis / comparison of the FW and Arrow designs and attempt to figure out why not. Assuming someone has confirmed that flying the Arrow MiG fast with flaps down doesn’t cause lawn darting, FFS downward bending, servo lock, etc.

If that hasn’t been confirmed, then the analysis is probably moot.

-GG
                          I have the ArrowsRC MiG. It doesn't do anything weird when the flaps are lowered at speed. Neither does it alpha-lock.

The design differences that I see:

The entire tail section and stab. axle mounting is much stiffer and not prone to distortion.

The FFS pivot line is not so far forward, relative to the CP of the surface.

The thrust line is not angled relative to the fuselage datum.

Obviously smaller and lighter. Not sure that this is important, but it is a difference.

Just as with the FW MiG, most of us find that moving the CG back improves its flying.

Comment

I have the ArrowsRC MiG. It doesn't do anything weird when the flaps are lowered at speed. Neither does it alpha-lock.

The design differences that I see:

The entire tail section and stab. axle mounting is much stiffer and not prone to distortion.

The FFS pivot line is not so far forward, relative to the CP of the surface.

The thrust line is not angled relative to the fuselage datum.

Obviously smaller and lighter. Not sure that this is important, but it is a difference.

Just as with the FW MiG, most of us find that moving the CG back improves its flying.
                            What packages do you use?

Comment

I think wingsuit skydiving could arguably be defined as a permanent high-alpha lock!

Comment

No, they'd tilt me head down and then get blown off.
                                My big sister once wore two pair of tights and blew her wellies off when she "passed wind" ........... Same principle???

Comment

My big sister once wore two pair of tights and blew her wellies off when she "passed wind" ........... Same principle???
                                  Too much haggis will do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by lusek_pl View Post

What packages do you use?
                                    Packages? Not sure what you mean.

Comment

• To prevent your wellies from blowing off, leave the sheep's back legs in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        To prevent your wellies from blowing off, leave the sheep's back legs in them.
                                        You're confusing me with the Italians.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...edition/63126/
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Packages? Not sure what you mean.
                                          Batterry :) What can the maximum fly 5000?

Comment

Working...
                                          X