X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lusek_pl View Post

Batterry :) What can the maximum fly 5000?
    I fly on a 3300.

Comment

• Originally posted by lusek_pl View Post

Batterry :) What can the maximum fly 5000?
      (Edited…I missed the *Arrow MiG* part of the question.)

I fly the *Freewing* MiG-29 on two 6000 but Center and aft bay ONLY and some weight added to the underside of the aft fuselage (out of sight).

CG is behind factory mark 8 mm. General agreement in this thread is the factory CG for the *Freewing* MiG is too nose heavy.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

I fly the MiG-29 on two 6000 but Center and aft bay ONLY and some weight added to the underside of the aft fuselage (out of sight).

CG is behind factory mark 8 mm. General agreement in this thread is the factory CG is too nose heavy.

-GG
        I *believe* he was referring to the ArrowsRC version.

Comment

• I like how these flights came out... very scale-feeling for the most part! :D
          (With a few notable excursions, lol)

Comment

• Just wondering… the other day I was reading about a MINIWAX ACRYLIC WAX that pilots are using on their foam jets…. Anyone have any details on this as to where to get it… or any info on it etc. Thanx for the help

Comment

• Minwax... Many places. I use the spray but many brush it on with foam brushes.

Minwax POLYCRYLIC Clear Fast-Drying Polyurethane Protects Wood 1 Quart ~ U PICK! | eBay

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                I like how these flights came out... very scale-feeling for the most part! :D
                (With a few notable excursions, lol)

VERY cool - the maneuvers you performed without thrust vectoring. Thanks for posting the video.

I am impressed when I see you working to recover from alpha lock or just shy of it. Your recovery actions are almost imperceptible and performed at just the perfect time to break the alpha lock or halting its progression. Shows your experience and comfort level with the MiG. About 2:38 in the video is a good example…among other places.

-GG

Comment

• Thanks GG! :)

In that case it was pretty easy as the nose was raised pretty high and jet about to start tailsliding. In these conditions, cutting throttle sharply will almost unequivocally send the jet back nose down. It's kinda like coming out of a cobra maneuver, only flying down...

Problems usually come instead when the nose is not 'high enough' so the jet is not about to tailslide, but just high alpha down-forward... there's where stuff gets real tricky and where you don't want to be!

Many of my corrections are premature because I can often see when the jet is about to enter the conditions and I stop it in time.

I will post videos of what happens when I mess up. I recently captured some scary stuff where the jet started wing rocking and it took quite some encouraging before it actually got to lower the nose at all!

Guess I've been flying the Su-35 into post stall long enough to develop a good sixth sense on the subject matter

Comment

• AG,

I think it's safe to say at this point that you have this MiG dialed in. Nice flying!

Comment

• Hi guys ............ MRC Europe have the Freewing Mig 29s in stock now, I ordered one today and I have already received an email telling me it's been shipped.
                      What more could you want ? ........... Thanks a million MotionRC.

Comment

• Wow! That should make some people happy. Rolling

Comment

• Happy Friday indeed, if EU warehouse has MiGs again! Woohooo!
                          New video to celebrate!

I just received an order from Motion this morning with spares for the Gripen and some other stuff...

Originally posted by Shaun Evans View Post
                          AG,

I think it's safe to say at this point that you have this MiG dialed in. Nice flying!
                          Thanks Shaun!

I think I'll get it better once I come around to installing the nozzles, but in the meantime, it's good enough!
                          A gyro will come handy for knife edge stuff too ;)

Comment

• Hi,

On a turbine, I can't get mine to knife-edge at all.

Comment

• J.....now your just showing off

Comment

• I try my best Loch!

Comment

• GliderGuy, now for real, the video you asked for :)

Probably the first of many.

Comment

• AG….THANKS! For those who take the time to study the video, there are some nuggets to learn. Not only flight / control technique but also the amount of coordination necessary for photo drone sessions.

How much damage from the drone impact?

-GG

PS - During a pre-flight control check yesterday, the right aileron moved to a 90 degree down position and froze in that position. Shows why pre-flight checks are IMPORTANT! Time to replace both servos! Granted they both have well over 1,000 flights on them. I think I reached the servo’s functional design limit - LOL

Had that happened in flight, it likely would have not ended well. Whew! Function did eventually return for that servo, but she’s grounded for now.

Comment

• im really struggling to get my 5000 packs to fit in the centre position.ive carved a lot of foam out from under the canopy but it still feels like its going to pop off.am i missing something glaringly obvious here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gripper39 View Post
                                        im really struggling to get my 5000 packs to fit in the centre position.ive carved a lot of foam out from under the canopy but it still feels like its going to pop off.am i missing something glaringly obvious here?
                                        Battery dimensions?

The Admiral Pro 6000 fits with the battery flush with the forward edge of the wood tray…wires facing rearward.

Have you put wax pencil on the top corners to see where it is hitting (LOL - I used lipstick)?

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

Battery dimensions?

The Admiral Pro 6000 fits with the battery flush with the forward edge of the wood tray…wires facing rearward.

Have you put wax pencil on the top corners to see where it is hitting (LOL - I used lipstick)?

-GG
                                          Not all 5000s will fit there. What kind do you have? I use Gens Ace as they are much lighter than most 5000's and dimensionally smaller.

Comment

Working...
                                          X