X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ironside View Post
    Anyone have the ability to draw and print a couple of these "exhaust skids" for me? Looking to install a couple on my Mig. PM me if you willing to help me out.
    Why not just buy some Dubro wingtip skids (which are what's pictured)? https://www.motionrc.com/products/du...20974166376561

Originally posted by Ironside View Post
    Another option would be if someone has a set of the vectored thrust skids that they aren't using because of a crash or some other reason.
    These would not work as skids. The plastic is very thin and would scrape off the first time you dragged the tail. The Dubro skids are thick nylon and would stand up to several scrapes.
    Pat

Comment

• Ironside if you can't get them printed for you, MRC has a few of those left in stock (6 I believe) and they are wing tip skids, SKU:DUB991 made my DuBro. Hangar Nine also used to make those in various sizes that I've used before and I think you can still get them on Ebay.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• That will work Pat. Thanks for the heads up.

Good to know Hugh. Thanks!

Comment

• Comment

• Go get em' Ghost!!
            Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
              Outstanding report. I've seen several accounts on the internet and Youtube today with similar reports and accounts, but this video seems to include some specific data on the aircraft that the Ghost (what an superb handle ) apparently shot down that I did not see in any others. Thanks for sharing this!!! All of the reports I've seen also indicate that this may be a rumor at this point or if any of it is true the numbers may not be accurate. The first air combat ace in 25 years and the first in over 50 years to do it in one day!! WOW, I sincerely hope that it is completely accurate, but if only a portion is (or even just a well planted rumor), kudos to every one of those brave Ukrainian pilots and to the soldiers and even the citizens doing their best to defend their country and their freedom. Too bad our politicians have not had the b.... to help in any meaningful way. My next Mig-29 build will be definitely be the Ghost Mig!
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• This will be an unpopular opinion, but should these 'brave people' had not been 8 years crushing down on the freedoms of their countrymen in the East, they probably wouldn't have to fight for theirs now.

All war is horrible, but people seem to forget this one didn't start yesterday and that people being branded as heroes today have been murderers for a long time.
                Not necessarily defending Russia on this, but Ukrainians have their hands filled with innocent blood too.

And we'd better not turn this thread into a political cesspool anyway, I'd suggest, feel free to DM your objections so the thread can stay on topic.

Comment

• Yep... unpopular. But it is your opinion. Maybe you should have DM'd if you really wanted to keep it on track?

Comment

• ​​I will refresh the topic a bit and show the progress in building the model.
                    Gear mod
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	podwozie (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.6 KB ID:	338924
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	podwozie (3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.0 KB ID:	338925
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	podwozie (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.4 KB ID:	338926
                    Wing-fuselage fits all of them so?
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220302_122035.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.4 KB ID:	338927
                    hull beacon
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220301_151409.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.4 KB ID:	338928
                    beacon motor nozzle
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220303_132738.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.1 KB ID:	338929
                    I reprinted the engine nozzles because there was a problem with the matching. It looked bad
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220303_122000.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.0 KB ID:	338931Click image for larger version  Name:	20220304_115414.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.5 KB ID:	338930Click image for larger version  Name:	20220304_115418.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.8 KB ID:	338932

Comment

• lusek, how did you extend the doors? Material?

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                        lusek, how did you extend the doors? Material?
                        old pieces of a box and used credit cards;)

Comment

• ... and there ya go! Ingenious, my friend! I have always wondered why Freewing just didn't make this scale in the first place. It really would have taken no additional thought.

Comment

• Probably because grass fliers would rip them off easily.
                            Pat

Comment

• Nothing in this model offends me as much as the main gear. How it is solved by Freewing is profanation;). If they had done it from the fuselage and not from the wings, it would have looked better.

Comment

• If grass is really that big of a problem, you can always just remove them. Then it can look unscale as this one does. ;)

Comment

• I just wanted to share that I had a dream last night that I owned this Mig-29. That is all

Comment

• Originally posted by lusek_pl View Post
                                    Nothing in this model offends me as much as the main gear. How it is solved by Freewing is profanation;). If they had done it from the fuselage and not from the wings, it would have looked better.
                                    LOL - After several thousand flights on it, the FW MiG-29 remains the favorite of all my birds to fly...scale gear or not.

This is one well designed "wear tolerant" airframe....no fatigue cracks...nada/zip. Other than the occasional landing gear servo replacement, when one becomes intermittent, or a control servo replacement, when one begins to chatter...she's one tough bird.

As an update to prior posts, I've made a large number of landings after the replacement of the not-designed-to-be-replaced main gear plastic mounting box...some post-repair landings were not so good. It's holding up extremely well / better than I expected.

If you missed the details, below is a link to the prior post / how to do it.

Dec 12, 2021, 08:43 PM

Followed with more info in post 5187

-GG

Comment

• Does anyone know what's the voltage range for bluebox that comes installed in mig29? I tried to look around but could not find any official figures.

Reason I ask (and apologies for long read):

My stock elevator servos (and the replacement sent by motion) were vibrating big times and after motion sent me a replacement for the originals I didn't even want to go back.... I replaced stock elevator servos with hitec 5245mg (drop-ins) and problem solved (replacements servos are as smooth as it gets).
                                      While I was trying to figure out elevator vibrations (and before swapping out stock servos) i replaced stock BEC with basic Castle 10amp v1 BEC and set the output voltage to 5.1v but I noticed that caused chattering and (minor) deflections in control surfaces (ailerons, flaps, rudders)... but when I increased the output voltage to 5.3v all chatter/minor vibrations went away and I was even able to do an uneventful maiden today. I am using Spektrum AR637T receiver.

I'm afraid that I might fry the blue box at 5.3v - anyone knows the real voltage numbers bluebox can support? also, any idea why I would have gotten the servo movements on 5.1v but not with 5.3v?

Comment

• Motion has said 5.5v max.
                                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          Motion has said 5.5v max.
                                          I found this article / additional information.

https://www.promodeler.com/caseSTUDY...reewing-Mig-29

FYI..I am using two MKS HV69 in my MiG-29 to drive the FFSs. The downside is that MKS doesn't offer a reverse version (or they didn't at the time I ordered). Rather than open one up and rewire it, I decided to install a servo reverser. The Futaba SR-10 was ordered. It has performed flawlessly for several thousand flights** and is very stable to ambient temperature changes. Some folks shy away from reversers, but the SR-10 has served me well.

For the hardware: heavy duty DUBRO connectors and a threaded 4-40 rod cut to length.

***SOAPBOX TIME***

Also, you may wish to search the forum for RF chokes or ferrite chokes or just chokes. Read and learn. I use several of these on all my high-current ESC EDF birds. The MiG has 7 of them. Overkill? Maybe. But how many individual MiGs are flying that have several thousand flights logged w/o a single radio glitch? Here are the locations:

One small choke near each FFS servo (as close to the MKS HV69 as possible). There's a nice pocket ahead of each servo.
                                          One larger choke on each ESC mounted as close to the ESC as possible on the battery side.
                                          The green ferrite ring that comes stock.
                                          I added another small one near the green ring.
                                          The SR-10 came with its own.

Yep...that's a total of 7 chokes. Like I said...probably overkill, but the set-up is extremely flight proven.**

I'm gun shy after crashing an A-10 twice and an F-4 twice from loss of control events which a HAM Radio friend said was likely due to the noise generated by the high-current ESCs. Zero loss of control events since I started using the extra RF chokes on my high-current ESC EDFs.

-GG

**Estimated somewhat more than 2500 flights.

Comment

Working...
                                          X