First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post

oh - one of those...🤣🤣

what fans did you put in...?

you had to delete the air brake to do the dual batteries, correct?

what batts and esc's are you using...?

I was really just looking for a fan upgrade, so i put the FMS 70mm in it. still only going to run 1 batt...
    I used the FMS fans. Best I refer you to the Su-30 thread for all the gritty detail. Start at page 33

Comment

• Oopsie... sh- happens!

Comment

• Have not seen this as part of any of your flight demos ? Maybe a strip of paper with a light adhesive might work but precise timing may be difficult !

Comment

• Hahahaha!
          Good thinking!
          But our jet isn't the MiG-35 so not truly scale, lol. (wish it was though!)

Here's some more TV exploration with an unfortunate crash at the end. I got the plane repaired anyway and it's flying again. ;)

Comment

• I got my MiG-29 several months ago and came on here and inserted my foot in my mouth about the CG on this plane. I re-evaluated what I said and concluded I'd move the CG index back 10mm and the flew it. First flight was super pitch sensitive (not enough expo) and the left main turned sideways, I left the gear and T/O flaps down and landed ripping the left main wheel almost off. I then hung it from the ceiling and decided I'd fly other planes and peruse this post for further info on Alpha lock and issues. After numerous conversations with Glider Guy I decided to get the TV conversion kit from MotionRC and see if indeed I could fly it comfortably. One of my own modifications was to eliminate the gear doors. I do not like the delay the factory puts in the system. When I select gear up or down I want it moving not dilly dallying. In my opinion the doors should snap open/close and the gear moves. So the gear door removed and the gear wires are direct to the RX.

With that I flew the MiG yesterday and found it pitchy, I added a little more expo and flew it this morning with a RunCam on the left inboard pylon. I'm considering moving the CG index back another 5mm and see how that works. I also ran the batteries low with a range check issue and figured I had enough to get a 2:30 flight but as I headed her back towards me I was losing altitude and didn't hear any jet whine. So I did a classic military 360 pitch out/break and dumped the gear and landed... she floated in beautifully and I got the best landing ever. Understand I'm no Airgardian pilot but I hope you all like the attached video. This plane is big and presents itself well. The way I fly it is very predictable. My field is surrounded by 110 foot trees so I have to fly high to see out of the bowl of trees.

Rich

Comment

• Haven't been flying the MiG much since I got the TV nozzles installed due to landing gear issues (you will see them in the video), but still, here's some new and fresh flying showing some more of what the VT nozzles bring to the table for this jet :)

High alpha lock?
              Never heard of it!

Comment

• I am speechless! Incredible mastery of the high alpha lock, and then some! My hat’s off to you.

-GG

Comment

• Thanks GG!

I personally feel I did pretty bad, judging by the take-offs and landings, but guess the post-stall part of the show was up-to-spec!

Gotta fix that LG and get her back in the air already!
                  Been flying the Raptor too much as of late, haha...

Comment

• Very nice! It is an awesome display of flying. Every new purchase of the MiG-29 one should also purchase the TV kit.

Airguardian, adjustments have been made and a test flight is scheduled for the morning.

Rich

Comment

• How do you set up the TV nozzles to start with are there any marks to line them up.

Comment

• Yes, there are marks top/ bottom and right/ left on the ball part you line up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          Yes, there are marks top/ bottom and right/ left on the ball part you line up.
                          Thank you.

Comment

• And, FWIW, I have used those myself and, at least on mine, they provided a better, more neutral thrustline from the get go... but this may change from airframe to airframe.

Originally posted by jetpltrich View Post
                            Airguardian, adjustments have been made and a test flight is scheduled for the morning.
                            How did it go? :D

Comment

• This mornings flight went well, had some minor trimming to do and once done she flew great. I did some light aerobatics, rolls etc. and it was awesome. I am no where near the class of flyer you are so I keep it simple.

First time full flap landing and it was very stable approach with a nose up attitude with a tad of power. Light crosswind to deal with and she touched down nice and started towards the grass on the side on the runway. Touchdown dissipated energy so a go around wasn’t doable and she ended up in the grass which folded the nose gear. I thought maybe it would be the gear pin but actually the gear housing is cracked and the up lock came undone. I’m gonna fix that and look at this evening for a few more flights when the wind dies down. Very comfortable now.

Rich

Comment

• Good news!
                                Hope you can easily fix that LG ;)

Comment

• My gear fix wasn’t to my satisfaction so the MiG is down awaiting a new nose gear servo assembly. That put the F-4 in the line up for this mornings flight. Beautiful morning which yielded 3 L-39 flights and 2 F-4 flights.

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by jetpltrich View Post
                                    My gear fix wasn’t to my satisfaction so the MiG is down awaiting a new nose gear servo assembly. That put the F-4 in the line up for this mornings flight. Beautiful morning which yielded 3 L-39 flights and 2 F-4 flights.

Rich
                                    I broke a couple of nose gears on my first Mig just doing "normal" landings on a grass field. Haven't broken the gear on my second Mig (yet), but have only flown it a half dozen or so flights.

Comment

• Has anyone tried the nose wheel fix that's on the youtube video?

Comment

• Link?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          Link?
                                          For any of you grass fliers or rough field fliers the Freewing Mig 29 has amazing landing gear. Unfortunately I have discovered that the nose gear under a ro...

Comment

Working...
                                          X