X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

Thanks for the talk last night. I'll be ready and waiting for the servos. Never had a phone call from any other company. KISS method and follow the instructions.

Regards
    Tim Toutant.
    I never got a call, I guess Im not on the nice list :{
    BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• GliderGuy Thanks for posting your maiden report! I'm glad you agree with what we've shown and others who've flown it have shared, this bird is a big sweetheart!

t33jetman Unfortunately at this rate it would take me another ~120 more hours of nonstop calls to call everyone personally, not including the 25 hours I've called over the past 28. But not to worry, you and each and every of our customers are on my nice list! I wish I had the time to talk to all of you directly to share the information we've posted here and take a few minutes to catch up and see what else you all are building around the world these days. Many of you have been very busy bees!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Lol imagine picking up the phone and it's alpha on the other end asking hey what's up 😅

Anyways, just in case you're still not convinced that you should set the plane up as per the manual and follow motion's very specific advice on elevator pushrods...

Comment

• i suspect Alpha has aged 10 years in the last 2 days, time to sleep if you can

Comment

• Originally posted by Rc4me21976 View Post

Yup same thing here I ordered towards the end of August and was told that this afternoon as well. Well actually early October.
            When I saw mine was not shipped and the website now said October, I cancelled my order. No big rush as I have plenty of other planes to take its place in the pipeline, plus the beta-testers, er, pre-order customers will help iron out any remaining kinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
              i suspect Alpha has aged 10 years in the last 2 days, time to sleep if you can
              "aged" years" "days" "time" "sleep" What are these terms of which you speak?
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha, time age and sleep is a strange concept it was not relevant to me when I was 40 but as I get closer to 70 it does tend to occupy the mind a little more !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh911 View Post
                  I’d like to know what everyone used for flaps/elevator ratios in the transmitter setup and well as expo settings.
                  I use flight mode for the flap to elevator trim mix. No percentages to deal with. Fly, set the elevator trim at each flap setting and you're done. That goes for gear down also.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                    If you’re going to slow flight the jet, your probably better off with the CG a bit further forward until you’re comfortable with how the jet enters and recovers from it.
                    I would have to disagree with that. Trying to fly a nose heavy model slowly is some of the more awkward and hazardous thing you can do - normally.

Obviously have no experience with this particular model yet, but if comparing to the SU-35, it will act pretty damn nasty of forced to high alpha with a poor cg.

To look at it from a different angle: Wait with very slow flight/high alpha until you have worked your way into a proper CG.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by Lcacing View Post
                      If anyone is interested, it took 4 $.25 and 1 $.01 to statically balance the horizontal stab.
                      Well, balancing in terms of mass is just not very important at all - it does help mitigate the onset of flutter at high speeds, but even for that, tight linkages and tight servos (no free play) is far, far more important.

In terms of servo loads, mass balancing matters next to nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

I would have to disagree with that. Trying to fly a nose heavy model slowly is some of the more awkward and hazardous thing you can do - normally.

Obviously have no experience with this particular model yet, but if comparing to the SU-35, it will act pretty damn nasty of forced to high alpha with a poor cg.

To look at it from a different angle: Wait with very slow flight/high alpha until you have worked your way into a proper CG.
                        I didn’t realize you had flown the model, and or slow flight’d it yet!

Comment

Knowing everything precludes the need for actual experience, lol
                          Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                            Just my $00.02, has anyone considered actually static balancing the elevators LE/TE using the pivot point as center. Thinking about doing that on my F-18. Just seemed logical what with a full flying elevator of considerable size. Best, LB
                            I did on my Freewing F-15. It just made me feel better. My 2 cents on the Mig problem ,they way Motion is handleing this is just another reason why I will continue to support them with my cash.
                            Well Done.

Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

I suggest you try to actually read the post you are responding to next time.

As I clearly state, I comment based on general knowledge and engineering skills, not experience on this particular model.

No model responds well to being forced into high alpha against its will - and it doesn't take experience to know this also being the case with the mig.

If you encounter a red hot oven - of a make and model you have never seen before - do you have to put it to the test in order to know you will get burnt if placing your hand on it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                                Knowing everything precludes the need for actual experience, lol
                                It is perfectly possible to analyze basic problems based on skills and relevant experience from similar models without requiring hands on experience on a particular model. The mig answers to the same rules of physics as any other aircraft does. And likewise, it is perfectly possible to have hands on experience without necessarily learning a lot from it ;)

Comment

• Best regards,
                                  Cris B.
                                  AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
                                  NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

Well, balancing in terms of mass is just not very important at all - it does help mitigate the onset of flutter at high speeds, but even for that, tight linkages and tight servos (no free play) is far, far more important. In terms of servo loads, mass balancing matters next to nothing.
                                    JM, Thank you. I understand the flutter dampening. Mass-balancing then is not as important; is that because the weight of the elevators is negligible compared to the forces being applied? I am not a model aircraft aerodynamicist, only an inquisitive amatuer. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                      Mass-balancing then is not as important; is that because the weight of the elevators is negligible compared to the forces being applied?
                                      Spot on.

It certainly doesn't hurt, but it doesn't solve the servo load issues we've seen on the model this far either.

Comment

Well, balancing in terms of mass is just not very important at all - it does help mitigate the onset of flutter at high speeds, but even for that, tight linkages and tight servos (no free play) is far, far more important.

In terms of servo loads, mass balancing matters next to nothing.
                                        I’ll play your game, ensuring surfaces are going to correct way is far , far more important than tight linkages and tight servos.
                                        We can do this all day, bottom line, balancing the stabs does help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lcacing View Post
                                          I’ll play your game, ensuring surfaces are going the correct way is far, far more important
                                          LC, Acknowledged and Agreed. Thanks, I needed that. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X