Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, just checking in again to see what is the latest info on this Mig, looks like it has turned into who is the biggest know it all.............

Get back on topic guys, set up the jet the way you like and go with it, but wait for the new servos before your maiden as they say....

I'm waiting to see who is the first to do a repaint.......

Comment

• Sometimes I just have to shake my head at FedEx. As of Thursday night at 10 pm, my plane was in the local area (Bapchule, AZ is just outside Phoenix). Then it spent all day Friday, Saturday and now so far today in Phoenix. Still shows delivery tomorrow. FedEx delivers on Sundays as the truck just went by my house and stopped 2 doors down. My friend who lives 4 miles from me got his yesterday.

Waiting sucks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shipping.jpg
Views:	1021
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	274316
      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
        I'm waiting to see who is the first to do a repaint.......
        Mine will be done over the winter, but this is the scheme I am planning. I think I can do this all with stencils, as I'd like to avoid large segments of vinyl. Colors should be light enough to not worry about gatoring in the sun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

Mine will be done over the winter, but this is the scheme I am planning. I think I can do this all with stencils, as I'd like to avoid large segments of vinyl. Colors should be light enough to not worry about gatoring in the sun.
          I like that for sure, knowing you, it will look just like that too and perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

Looks brilliant!

Regarding gatoring, I'm quite concerned for the black nose top. Will probably have to be pretty disciplined keeping that out of the sun whenever not airborne.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Dirty Dee I like your choice of livery. Clean, Simple-ish and makes a Statement!
              Best regards,
              Cris B.
              AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
              NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Just wanted to pop by and share these photos a friend took of my MiG flying the other day

Comment

• Congratulations!

Comment

• Super rad with those burners.

Comment

• Heads up...The foam on either side of the rear battery box is thin enough that a bump with the battery is going to fracture the foam. I took a thin strip of plywood and glued it under the lip of the opening....just in case!

Hard balsa, carbon sheet, small carbon rectangle...heck even laying a layer of thin fiberglass will go a long way to preventing a foam fracture.

-GG

Comment

• I received a phone call phone Alpha today. Great that he reached out to make sure the customer is happy and answer any questions or concerns regarding the MIG 29 issues. These are the actions of a top notch operation and how things should be handled.

First rule of business make the customer happy. I'm Happy !

Name:	Screenshot_2020-09-03 Aviation Photo #2436602 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29SMP (9-13SMP) - Peru - Air Force.jpg
Views:	1026
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	274371
                        BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Here's an ardunio-based burner setup in action:

Comment

• Elbee
                            Elbee commented
                            Editing a comment
                            We should start an Arduino Thread here at the Squawk. I've been messing with one for several months now and it's just another facet where we can customize RC anything. I have written a few sketches for lighting and might introduce those to my Hornet. Amazingly, thanks to the newer Blue Boxes some customization of the lighting is possible, but I want to control voltages and functions. Anywho, it's worth considering. Best, LB

• I too received a phone call and I am super impressed by the commitment of customer satisfaction Motion has for their customers. He answered all of my questions and spent the time needed with me!! This is just another of many reasons I continue to support Motion RC. The quality and customer service are second to none!!!

Comment

• I had my MiG plugged in on the bench for gear tests and an afterburner test and the BEC was a bit warm when I unplugged it- should I be worried? The burners are directly powered by the flight battery, so it's not them.

Comment

• one of my main landing gear (left main) has a little Toe Out when deployed. I removed the strut to inspect and attempt to square it up.

I thought maybe there was only 1 flat spot on the retract post, and during assembly, it was affixed last. It looks like each grub screw has a flat spot on the post. My attempts to decrease the toe out was without success. Is the toe out intended? I know toe out will improve straight line tracking. Just curious how much, if any, was designed to be there.

Also, on the Horizontal Stabs, how much gap are you leaving when mounting on the post? I try to gap it just slightly so there is no resistance without the servo push rod attached.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post
                                Just wanted to pop by and share these photos a friend took of my MiG flying the other day
                                Awesome photos there, he captured some nice shots.

Comment

• Some clips from today's shakedown flights. Nary a click'o trim to be seen. Vertical performance is staggering when you consider the forces of gravity that mother earth must be imparting on this thing.

Whether you wait for Alpha and the team to look after you, or you go down your own path (hitec has a 24g option that is reversible with the programmer) you are in for a real treat with this bird.

Comment

• Nice mshagg! The onboards have me scratching my head about how to make the missile fins last. All that flexing will eventually cause the fins to depart. I am thinking a loop made from small diameter and stiff wire (like the wire puller supplied in other kits) glued to the fins’ outer perimeter may help the fins stay on longer. More thinking on this is needed.
                                    -GG

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                                      Nice mshagg! The onboards have me scratching my head about how to make the missile fins last. All that flexing will eventually cause the fins to depart. I am thinking a loop made from small diameter and stiff wire (like the wire puller supplied in other kits) glued to the fins’ outer perimeter may help the fins stay on longer. More thinking on this is needed.
                                      -GG
                                      It's a little hard to explain the construction but picture each set of fins as two plastic parts, each with two fins at 90 degrees from one another. Point being, there is a lot of surface area between each fin securing holding them to the body of the missile and they are not going anywhere lol. But there is perhaps some aesthetic benefit in reinforcing them.

In other news, reviewing some logs and the max (ground) speed i clocked today was 170km/hr. There was a ~15km/hr breeze at times and it appears to have been on the downwind leg of the left hand circuit. I was taking it pretty easy so that's more or less straight and level. For the brave souls willing to get a run up from altitude, she will have some good speed.

Name:	speed.jpg
Views:	845
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	274455

Comment

• Thanks / Not concerned about the fins coming off...but that flexing will probably lead to “metal” fatigue cracking of the plastic.

I’m coming from the standpoint of LOTS of flights which, being retired and single, I tend to make.

-GG

Comment

Working...
                                        X