X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
    Lol cutting off the outer hole on the new servo arms is a nice touch. People gonna have to really go out of their way to get this wrong now!
    You know there's going to be a video of a crashed Mig with a servo arm extension duct taped on.

Comment

• LMAO

Comment

• Front fins got finished up late last night. The angle sensors are printed separately as they will glue on over the seam line to be in line with the fins. So now I'm done with the decals and fin upgrades for the R-73. Moving on to the R-27 now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	R-73 Front Fins 1.jpg
Views:	905
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	275081

Name:	R-73 Front Fins 2.jpg
Views:	881
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	275082
        Pat

Comment

• Yes, and followed by pages of not using the right duct tape, physics and how it would have worked with blue bird servos!

Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

You know there's going to be a video of a crashed Mig with a servo arm extension duct taped on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            Yes, and followed by pages of not using the right duct tape, physics and how it would have worked with blue bird servos!

LOL
            Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Good job Pat!

Question: Are those sensor vanes thick enough to print?

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              Yes, and followed by pages of not using the right duct tape, physics and how it would have worked with blue bird servos!
              Oh, no, for Heaven's sake, not the Blue Bird ones!

Comment

• Simple fix, video makes it easy for anyone. Great job Motion!

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                  Good job Pat!

Question: Are those sensor vanes thick enough to print?
                  I will find out shortly. I have both filament and resin printers. If the Prusa does not handle the small detail, I'll do it on the Photon resin printer.
                  Pat

Comment

• Pics of the finished R-73 decals. Have not printed the replacement fins yet, that's next after designing the R-27 decals.

Name:	DSCN5590.JPG
Views:	868
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	275106

Name:	DSCN5591.JPG
Views:	845
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	275107

Name:	DSCN5589.JPG
Views:	844
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	275108

Name:	DSCN5595.JPG
Views:	888
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	275109

Name:	DSCN5592.JPG
Views:	843
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	275110
                    Pat

Comment

• That looks awesome! I usually don't fly with stores and haven't planned to on the MiG but that may change my mind.

Comment

• Yeah, I went super detailed on these to include panel lines and screw heads. They look so much better now.
                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          Yeah, I went super detailed on these to include panel lines and screw heads. They look so much better now.
                          They certainly do!

I'm hoping someone will whip up some decent fidelity Meteors for the Gripen in due time as well :D
                          Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Email isn’t clear but I assume this is the servo shipment.

Attached Files

Comment

• Yep, got my notice too. I'm certain it's the servos as Alpha said they were about to show up at the warehouse.
                              Pat

Comment

• Got my notification also

Comment

• Got the email as well...great job MRC!

Comment

• That looks awesome Pat.
                                    It will likely be my first bird with ordnance too! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                      Pics of the finished R-73 decals. Have not printed the replacement fins yet, that's next after designing the R-27 decals.
                                      CX, I have ordinace envy. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB

ps: Is that spelled correctly in Cyrillic?
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Everything is in Cyrillic and spelled correctly, but you'd need an electron microscope to read it.

And now for my next trick, R-27 replacement fins.

Name:	R-27 Replacement Fins.jpg
Views:	767
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	275165

Name:	R-27 Rear Fins.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	275166
                                        Pat

Comment

• I realize flight times are very individual, but is my reasoning close to correct?

I’m flying cautiously with stock servos (my upgrades shipped today) at 1/2 power after a full power take-off. At 4.5 minutes, I am consistently consuming between 2500 mAh and 3000 mAh. I’ll use 3000 mAh to be conservative. A 4.5 min flight is 270 seconds which calculates to about 11 mAh / second for a consumption rate.

Several articles state that to maximize LiPo life, don’t consume more than about 60% (leave 40% in the tank).

I am running 6000 mAh packs. 60% = 3600 mAh. At the above consumption rate, this works out to about 54 seconds more than the 4.5 minutes I am flying if I don’t change my current style of flying.

3000/11= 273 seconds
                                          3600/11= 327 seconds
                                          or about 54 seconds longer being possible

Is my logic valid?

When my new servos arrive, my style will change. LOL

-GG

Comment

Working...
                                          X