Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Thanks for taking the time to make the dimension chart!
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I was so excited to see this coming do the pike! The Mig 29 has always been one of my favorite planes. The Youtube vid worked as designed; I've already placed my order, lol! I'll probably end up upgrading down the road to a JetFan setup.

Comment

• Thanks again, James. That diagram is very helpful! "If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll ask for a glad of milk..." ​​​​​​

The 12" long removable nose cone should alleviate many people's transport concerns.

We mentioned the boxing briefly during the Live Show , but here are photos of the two tier puzzle we developed to fit this beast in a sensibly small (relatively) box.

Upper deck:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200809_072405.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.5 KB ID:	267542

Lower deck:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200809_072506.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	267543

The vertical stabilizers extend from the lower deck up into the underside cavity of the upper deck. This is the way.

Mooiman38 Welcome, nice to see you on Hobby Squawk!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• LOL, "This is the way".

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
            I have not seen a battery failure in many many years. Keep it charged and all is well!
            Lol agreed!
            Extremely reliable, but I've definitely forgotten to charge my pack and/or left it on a work bench.

And if you haven't... you will

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

This topic has been beaten to death on many forums, but briefly: it is not generally safe to directly connect the output of two regulators. It is complicated, and it is possible to design regulators so that they can be ganged like this, and there are some twins that operate this way stock. But if you are acquiring two regulators and have no idea if they were designed with this in mind, you *might* have trouble. I know something about this because I used to be in the business (my company designed/sold LDO and switcher ICs). The point is - if your goal is risk reduction, buying a random BEC and shorting it to the existing one might not reduce risk. But this is just intended to be helpful, not to tell you what to do. It's a hobby, and a lot of us just enjoy tinkering with things, so do whatever you like.
              The simple solution to this, as I have been doing for years now, is to use dual Schottky diodes to combine multiple power sources. It is a very cheap and durable solution. I use it to combine the BECs from both ESC's in my twins, and even combine it with a BEC from a receiver battery pack.
              The diodes avoid currents flowing into a BEC, which could effectively destroy them. Some ESCs have these diodes integrated in their BEC circuits, but some don't.

Comment

• I avoided looking at the announcement when I received it a few days ago. After all , the last thing I need is another jet!! All was fine until someone showed a pic at the club yesterday. The size caught my interest but I really did not want a model that requires disassembly to transport. The guys at Motion did a great job organizing their video. Actually, the best I’ve seen.

All the boxes that I must have are checked, if I were in the market for something new. The 80 mm fan just happens to be in all my favorite jets as well. The diagram with measurements indicate the MiG 29 will fit in my Chevy truck fully assembled. Same goes for the small 5x8 trailer I use most of the time. Guess I’m getting lazy in my old age. I flew the A10 as my first edf about three seasons ago. I love flying that jet but never look forward to assembly. As such, it sits at home unless conditions are right (not 90F). Being able to transport fully assembled is a game changer now.

Freewing A10, F4, F18, F22, Avanti in my hanger and I have been pleased with every one of them. I think I just justified to myself that this is a must have. Pre order just placed.
                Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Thanks, John, I like your logic!

For anyone interested, I'm going to be going live on Twitch in about 20 minutes. Click on the link below and you'll be able to live chat with me and watch, in real time, as I draft 3D parts for the MiG-29 and the next Freewing airplane.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

• Originally posted by HangarQueen View Post

The simple solution to this, as I have been doing for years now, is to use dual Schottky diodes to combine multiple power sources. It is a very cheap and durable solution. I use it to combine the BECs from both ESC's in my twins, and even combine it with a BEC from a receiver battery pack.
                    The diodes avoid currents flowing into a BEC, which could effectively destroy them. Some ESCs have these diodes integrated in their BEC circuits, but some don't.
                    Finally, someone who knows what they are doing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                      Thanks, John, I like your logic!

For anyone interested, I'm going to be going live on Twitch in about 20 minutes. Click on the link below and you'll be able to live chat with me and watch, in real time, as I draft 3D parts for the MiG-29 and the next Freewing airplane.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Signed up to watch!
                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                        Signed up to watch!
                        I just started streaming. This is where the fun begins!

Comment

• Did I hear a hint this might get thrust vectoring later?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

I just started streaming. This is where the fun begins!
                            I'm watching and can see the chat, but cannot type since I haven't signed up yet with an account.

Comment

• Thank you ,Team Freewing, Been waiting a long time for this Big Beautiful Bird, Thanks again.

Comment

• One of my favourite parts of the AL37 release was seeing the attempts at destructive testing, where alpha and the team did a bunch of silly stuff so that we didn't have to (which we all then went and did).

Any behind the scenes stuff trying to get the Mig to fall out of the sky?

Related question: how many planes do you destroy over a multi year development process?

Comment

• That's an awesome thing to do Alpha!
                                  Bummed I missed out on it. Will catch the next one.

Comment

• Still going Vic!
                                    Pat

Comment

• I'm signed up for twitch now. I'm assuming I will get a notification next time.

I like your quote Alpha from Air Force one, great movie!

Comment

• Listen to Alpha discussing the Mig development on the RC Afterhours Podcast. Starts about :20 min in.

Comment

• I really can't wait for the thrust vectoring to come out for this plane, this will be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                          X