X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
    That’s a car full of happiness right there! Great day of flying these toys today.
    That looks like a WHOLE lotta fun, and a little bit of inevitable hangar rash. For god's sake, grab a blanket or something man! 😄

RCjetdude and I have been logging a lot of time on the Migs the past few weeks. Even with my rookie gaffes, this thing has been superb. I flew with ordinance last night and didn't notice much of a difference. I finally tried out those 60c Socokin 6000 Mah batteries and I really liked them. For 65 bucks a piece I think they are a great value. We will see how they hold up over time. They are ~15g lighter than the HRB 6000s, but I felt like they had slightly more punch (could be placebo). I also haven't done any of the stabilizer mods/beefed up any of the horns. So far with about 30 flights she has been great! It's been a month and a half since my first EDF flight (and crash) and I've learned a TON every single time I go up. I have some Gooniac fire booty's coming to spice things up a bit, but after that I will probably leave her alone.

Comment

• I think he was one of those genius's with Greenpeace and was trying to measure the emissions out the tailpipe.

Comment

• Super windy flight, with a little death slide! But an awesome landing that made GB Jump! haha

Comment

• John,

You set the video to Premiere and we can't watch it for another 6 hours.
          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
            John,

You set the video to Premiere and we can't watch it for another 6 hours.
            Fixed!

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnVH View Post

Fixed!
              John the street outlaw! Hey, what's the deal with someone doing donuts on your runway? Nice precision landing with the turbulence, light poles, curbs, and a parked vehicle nearby!! I think you should change your user title from ' Hobby Squawk Student Pilot' to 'Hobby Squawk Precision Pilot'...

Comment

• Originally posted by HaroldAnderson View Post

John the street outlaw! Hey, what's the deal with someone doing donuts on your runway? Nice precision landing with the turbulence, light poles, curbs, and a parked vehicle nearby!! I think you should change your user title from ' Hobby Squawk Student Pilot' to 'Hobby Squawk Precision Pilot'...
                Haha, its a private area, so pretty safe. Kids at night do donuts here alot. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  Like I said, "those other models" would be the SebArt MiG29, which uses the same design. In models such as the Radian, those sheaths are anchored on each end because the run is very long. In both the SebArt and this MiG, they aren't anchored because the run is not sufficiently long. However, the principle is still the same - to make the rod flex minimal and non-affectual. It is not a new concept and is not "an after thought".
                  If you look carefully at that video, the bulk of the flex is in the servo arm.
                  Let me put it to you like this. The rod shouldn't be flexing in the first place. The carbon tube needs to be fixed to the pushrod. Like another guy did by filling the tube with glue.
                  If I didn't know a better way to do it, I would think the design is just fine also.

Comment

• Originally posted by leithalweapon View Post

Let me put it to you like this. The rod shouldn't be flexing in the first place. The carbon tube needs to be fixed to the pushrod. Like another guy did by filling the tube with glue.
                    If I didn't know a better way to do it, I would think the design is just fine also.
                    Let me put it to you like this. I'm merely pointing something out to you that you seem to be dismissing. You do whatever you like. That's always been your option and right. No longer am I pointing anything out to you. Your blinkers are on way too close.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      Let me put it to you like this. I'm merely pointing something out to you that you seem to be dismissing. You do whatever you like. That's always been your option and right. No longer am I pointing anything out to you. Your blinkers are on way too close.
                      He can redesign the plane if he wants, we'll be out flying ours. It's still just a foamie.... ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by HaroldAnderson View Post

He can redesign the plane if he wants, we'll be out flying ours. It's still just a foamie.... ;-)
                        Precisely what I've been doing myself.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	DFE28990-135B-4765-965C-048482752202.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	123.6 KB ID:	279793Click image for larger version  Name:	1D752DEC-000A-41DD-8D3E-DC32305B1B03.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	117.6 KB ID:	279792 Mine...as I have said before it’s a good idea to consider changing the little screws holding the horn on too. And add a little glue to the servo horn screw. If you use carbon tubes remember the can split length wise unless they are spiral wound tubes.

Comment

• Finally got mine... hope to be able to get it ready for maiden by monday/tuesday! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              Click image for larger version Name:	DFE28990-135B-4765-965C-048482752202.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	123.6 KB ID:	279793Click image for larger version Name:	1D752DEC-000A-41DD-8D3E-DC32305B1B03.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	117.6 KB ID:	279792 Mine...as I have said before it’s a good idea to consider changing the little screws holding the horn on too. And add a little glue to the servo horn screw. If you use carbon tubes remember the can split length wise unless they are spiral wound tubes.
                              That looks beefy. I have my pushrods in the inner holes like you and I still get the full travel for the stabs. I am not sure why guys were initially putting them in the outside holes unless they were trying to align them better at the expense of putting much more strain on the servo and creating a lot more slop from the servo gear play.

Comment

• Of course I am guessing but I think they didn’t read the manual close enough. I also think some looked at the front and rear battery bays and since this is the first plane with a middle bay they assumed the batteries went in those spots making their planes very nose heavy compounding the need for a strong elevator.

Comment

Of course I am guessing but I think they didn’t read the manual close enough. I also think some looked at the front and rear battery bays and since this is the first plane with a middle bay they assumed the batteries went in those spots making their planes very nose heavy compounding the need for a strong elevator.
                                  To be fair if they were following the initial build video before it was censored, and not listening to James who always stresses the importance of reading the manual, they may have gotten the wrong idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	motion.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	279816

Comment

• Interesting. The three initial crashes were from the Far East and they do have different sources than Motion. Also I’m not sure of the timing. Either way they did assemble incorrectly and appeared to be quite nose heavy.

Shame on Motions video. It goes to show anyone can make a mistake. Lucky it was corrected. Would have been bad it James had crashed his only early sample.

Comment

• Hi guys,
                                      I plan on purchasing the MiG before spring. On all my planes where I want to beef up the control linkages I use 4-40 thread-all and Dubro 4-40 ball links on each end. Once I have the length correct I cut a length of 1/8” aluminum tubing to go over the 4-40 rod sandwiched between the ball links. This stiffens the control rod under compression. They are easy to make and cheap. The rods will not flex. I used them on a 1/3 scale 60lb bipe and never had an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by evensen007 View Post

That looks like a WHOLE lotta fun, and a little bit of inevitable hangar rash. For god's sake, grab a blanket or something man! 😄

RCjetdude and I have been logging a lot of time on the Migs the past few weeks. Even with my rookie gaffes, this thing has been superb. I flew with ordinance last night and didn't notice much of a difference. I finally tried out those 60c Socokin 6000 Mah batteries and I really liked them. For 65 bucks a piece I think they are a great value. We will see how they hold up over time. They are ~15g lighter than the HRB 6000s, but I felt like they had slightly more punch (could be placebo). I also haven't done any of the stabilizer mods/beefed up any of the horns. So far with about 30 flights she has been great! It's been a month and a half since my first EDF flight (and crash) and I've learned a TON every single time I go up. I have some Gooniac fire booty's coming to spice things up a bit, but after that I will probably leave her alone.

Hangar rash? Meh. That's why I repaint them. I usually do more damage than hangar rash, the way I land them anyway so it's easy to repair since I already have the paint. ;)

I'd like to recommend a new burner on the market. (At least it's new to me.) I believe I've tried them all except Kallend's do-it-yourself kit. This one is right up there in the running for half the price of some that are out there. I thought I'd give this setup a try from RC-Castle. $50 for the complete setup and very nicely designed. Very bright as well. Takes about 3 weeks to get to the US via Air Mail but I think it's worth the wait. The single engine setups are even cheaper. It even has the slight flicker before going to continuous illumination simulating the ignition of the afterburner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4306.jpg
Views:	974
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	279831

Comment

Interesting. The three initial crashes were from the Far East and they do have different sources than Motion. Also I’m not sure of the timing. Either way they did assemble incorrectly and appeared to be quite nose heavy.

Shame on Motions video. It goes to show anyone can make a mistake. Lucky it was corrected. Would have been bad it James had crashed his only early sample.
                                          Maybe he did, you wouldn't see that video posted ;) I’m pretty sure they had more than one.

Comment

Working...
                                          X