X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
    So I hope Motion makes a ton on this. I love the big models, and this size twin is incredible. I love my A-10, and this is going to be very exciting at 120 mph!!!! Flight video please.
    In the live show, linked below, there is a full flight shown from takeoff to landing, around the 50 minute mark. ~4 minute check flight with 50% left in the two 6s 5000s. We'll post more full flight videos over the next week or so. Lots to do!

The time has come pilots! The third Twin 80mm from Freewing is coming! Introducing the MiG-29 Fulcrum in a stunning digital camo scheme. Available in PNP or ...

*EDIT* Umm.... we should have built more of these... thanks to everyone for your support of this short Pre-Order!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Soon as I seen it on table I paused YouTube and went onto motionrc. Eu.

Surprised was on site and placed preorder instantly.

Then went back to enjoy rest of presentation.

Well done to all involved in design and manufacture.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
        So amazing! Thank YOU!
        knew you were gonna love this one brotha 👊🏼

Comment

Man this is sick. Definitely getting one. Awesome work guys.

Also, great format on the release announcement video. It was aesthetically pleasing to watch live and it was easy to go back after and watch the parts of the video I wanted to again.

Comment

Are you kidding me...this is awesome! I was planning on getting the Arrows MIG-29 and had been looking at decals available to change to a grey colour scheme just a few days ago. I can't find a reason not to get this model instead...love the paint scheme

Comment

Ordered! When will the thrust vectoring upgrade be available? This is a home run Alpha.

Comment

@ Alpha My ears perked up and my trigger finger became itchy when I heard "MIG-29" then seeing all of the detail and 1/9 scale to boot, I had no choice but to go weapons hot and score one for myself.

Thankyou, for the thought, time and effort put into this subject. I have a feeling that this one will sell out quickly.

Альфа, спасибо за МиГ-29

by the way, does anyone know the best way to get power burns off of my enter key?
                Best regards,
                Cris B.
                AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
                NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

Originally posted by flyAA View Post
                  ... Also, great format on the release announcement video. ...
                  Agreed. I don't ever watch these events live, but with the big buttons on the left showing the current "chapter", it makes it easy to scroll through the hour-plus vid and quickly find the sections I'd like to see. Without this feature, I probably wouldn't even watch.

Kudos to whoever came up with this clever "chapter markers on the left" idea!

Comment

Sorry i was a little busy to read the chat James and Alpha. I heard James say to check here for the TV kit details.

Comment

I like the flaps go up and down for full span ailerons...

Comment

Sekhet Пожалуйста! Мой отец научил меня говорить по русски

ridgerunner That was James' and Alex's idea to add the "chapter markers", like an ESPN-style table of contents. I agree, it improves the show's flow and gives the audience a clear sense of what's been covered and what's to come.

the snake No worries, the live show can get hectic when there are 600+ people on there, which is why at the end of the day, Hobby Squawk is where the information will live on more clearly just in case someone missed something we said while live.

Regarding aftermarket upgrades: The 3DTV Thrust Vectoring Upgrade Set is *not* included in the stock PNP. Instead, it is sold separately, and essentially a drop-in fit that replaces the stock exhaust nozzles with servo-driven nozzles. Users will need to mix as desired. As always, my personal preference is to fly the model As-Is, out-of-the-box stock PNP, because that's how we designed it to fly. This MiG-29 is more than acrobatic enough for most of us and has plenty of power and control authority to get us into plenty of trouble, without the added complexity of 3DTV.

We're still finalizing details, since it's a complex system for an aircraft this large, so stay tuned in this thread for when we post photos and price alerts once it hits the website. We don't ever plan to sell a PNP version that includes 3DTV because the set is too pricey (and complex) for what most are comfortable paying/configuring/flying. This is really more of a love letter to the smaller group of you who tried to adapt your 90mm F-22s to 3DTV, and we thought making a 3DTV set for the MiG-29 would be a good upgrade much like the 3DPUP sets we've released for the Mirage, F-4, F-22, L-39, B-24, etc.

If enough people order the MiG-29 PNP and ARF and we think the model has legs to support more aftermarket upgrades, we might consider producing other things such as an upgrade air brake set, also Sold Separately, shown below. But candidly, we're waiting to see how to model itself takes off before over-committing to more upgrades. We've seen it in the past where most pilots end up flying/loving the stock PNP model (which is great!) and the upgrade market fizzles.

We'll see what the community does.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Prototype Air Brake 3DPUP Upgrade Option (not in the PNP).jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.4 KB ID:	267157

Comment

Thanks Alpha!

Comment

Loaded

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1005.JPG
Views:	2796
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	267162

Cruising

Name:	IMG_1344.JPG
Views:	2777
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	267163

Bugging Out!

Name:	IMG_0887.JPG
Views:	2773
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	267161

Comment

Amazing model. Look forward to my maiden! Would love to get the upgrades for TV and air brakes. Please let us know when and where to order.

Comment

Alpha, will you also be posting .stl files for the 3DTV set like you have for other planes? A lot of us have 3D printers now and enjoy printing up these scale details for our planes!
                                Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                  If enough people order the MiG-29 PNP and ARF and we think the model has legs to support more aftermarket upgrades, we might consider producing other things such as an upgrade air brake set, also Sold Separately, shown below. But candidly, we're waiting to see how to model itself takes off before over-committing to more upgrades. We've seen it in the past where most pilots end up flying/loving the stock PNP model (which is great!) and the upgrade market fizzles.
                                  From what I've seen so far, if you have not already, you'll probably be sold out of the first run very quickly!

Pat

Comment

I see Tiger head water slide has to be put on the fins. Any option for digital camo instead of Tiger head?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post

We'll see what the community does.
                                      I hope somebody in the community make ordnance decals. They need some bling.

I was looking at storage spaced in the house. One thing I like about this plane is that for a such a large plane, the footprint is fairly manageable. Airplanes in general are not a convenient shape for storage, but this one is like a big plate. Not too bad, at least from my point of view. My wife would probably not agree.

Comment

I hope a "base grey" option might become available.

Comment

Order is in!

+1 on the aftermarket speed brake
                                          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Working...
                                          X