Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, but when is it? (and which club, where is it, and how much to join?)

Comment

Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
      Thanks, but when is it? (and which club, where is it, and how much to join?)
      read the thread. It’s all in there

Comment

Finally a release to be really excited about!

Really looking forward to this one!

Slightly comprehensive on build quality/technical solutions after the F-18 release though, but hopefully some good lessons learned from that, turned into better solutions on this one. Certainly looks fantastic this far.

If the build quality and design solutions turn out to be as good as I hope (or easily amended at least), there is definitely a future for one of these models involving a couple of Xicoy X45 lol. Some reinforcing and servo upgrading I am prepared to do for a turbine build anyway - it would be unfair to expect otherwise, and would ruin the price point - but some design issues have been more or less impossible to improve upon, such as the taileron mounts on the F-18. The Mig looks a lot better though :D
        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

Not very fair to anticipate issues. My F-18 is still flying with all the stock servos and plates as received out of the box and on 8S...

Comment

Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
            read the thread. It’s all in there
            Thanks, I just looked at the individual post you referenced. Ok, I'm off to the Gunnison RC Flight Park to get in a bunch more practice with my Pandora (I'm definitely not yet ready for a Mig!)

Carry on!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              Not very fair to anticipate issues. My F-18 is still flying with all the stock servos and plates as received out of the box and on 8S...
              Who said I am anticipating issues? I merely talked about slight amounts of comprehension. There is a difference between having a shave and having a beheading... Don't exaggerate.

The point is merely that after the F-18 release there is a little bit of confidence that needs to be restored. (Mine flies perfectly still too btw, but that's no thanks to quality and design)

Not looking for a discussion on that anyways, lets stay on topic shall we.
              Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

Originally posted by janmb View Post

Who said I am anticipating issues? I merely talked about slight amounts of comprehension. There is a difference between having a shave and having a beheading... Don't exaggerate.

The point is merely that after the F-18 release there is a little bit of confidence that needs to be restored. (Mine flies perfectly still too btw, but that's no thanks to quality and design)

Not looking for a discussion on that anyways, lets stay on topic shall we.
                Since the F-18 there was the AL37 and T-33 though? Those were pretty darn flawless releases I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                  Sekhet Пожалуйста! Мой отец научил меня говорить по русски
                  Я выучил русский язык в ВВС. Я работал на авиабазе Райт-Паттерсон с 1996 по 1999 год, и мне посчастливилось участвовать в некоторых летных испытаниях МиГ-29, приобретенных США. Фактически я зарегистрировался сорок полтора часа. Вот почему у меня есть слабость к воздушной рамке.

And a special thankyou to you for allowing me to practice my Russian.
                  Best regards,
                  Cris B.
                  AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
                  NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

Preorder in the books, now the wait! I had been considering purchasing the F-22, but now glad I had procrastinated.

Comment

Originally posted by WarPug View Post
                      I didn’t have time to watch the whole live stream but did they say anything about this being a prelude to bigger jets? Perhaps a larger F-14?

+1

They know at that price range a 6' 2" F-14 would be doable even if they charged 50% more price, this model is half the price of HSD jets and around the same size.

I'm liking freewing even more if they can keep the bigger EDF models going and not slam the market with higher prices

Prolly would've went with 90s though on this model the CFM out would've been more than the CFM out with 80s even at same static thrust.

Comment

Maybe it will come early, going to love, seeing this fly !

Comment

Honestly, I'm amazed and happy with the price point this jet was able to come in at, let alone still free shipping for us customers (I can imagine it is expensive for Motion to front those costs).

Many of the features I've missed on some 80-90mm jets in the past (nav. lights, full gear door coverage, inrunner motors, adequate space for avionics, rotating mains to tuck the wheels away, etc.) are now included on this Mig-29 twin 80mm EDF jet. The beefy struts look great, the digital camo. is an excellent touch, massive range of battery possibilities, and list goes on. Many things have evolved nicely. For the price of the PNP, I think it is a heck of a value. I hope I'm as pleasantly suprised when I open the box as I am now.

This is a phenomenal job by Freewing and Motion RC.

Comment

Hey Alpha, whats the span at the elevators?

Comment

Can Motion RC specify the measurement of the area shown by the arrow in the picture?

I am looking into a storage system.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200808_120335.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	267376

Comment

Originally posted by Sekhet View Post

Я выучил русский язык в ВВС. Я работал на авиабазе Райт-Паттерсон с 1996 по 1999 год, и мне посчастливилось участвовать в некоторых летных испытаниях МиГ-29, приобретенных США. Фактически я зарегистрировался сорок полтора часа. Вот почему у меня есть слабость к воздушной рамке.

And a special thankyou to you for allowing me to practice my Russian.

Этот самолет - просто бомба! я завидую тебе! Спасибо, что поделились своим опытом. Мой отец тоже был в BBC (USAF).

We are always on high alert with new products, just as much as mass production lines of older models that haven't been produced before. It's healthy and understood that all of us here are excited and eager to see those ideals delivered upon. Trust that we're doing our honest best to deliver this MiG-29 on time and above bar!

Reaper911 T-CAT ,

We'll post measurements after the weekend. Until then, here is more BecuzIwuzInverted candy

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1469.JPG Views:	0 Size:	39.5 KB ID:	267380Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1473.JPG Views:	0 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	267379
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                    Can Motion RC specify the length of the area shown in the area in selected with an arrow in the picture?

I am looking into a storage system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200808_120335.jpg
Views:	1574
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	267376
                                    About 14 3/4 inches

Name:	IMG_20200808_160143.jpg
Views:	1296
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	267386

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper911 View Post
                                      Hey Alpha, whats the span at the elevators?
                                      About 33 1/8" at the widest part

Name:	IMG_20200808_160448.jpg
Views:	1293
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	267389

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post

About 14 3/4 inches

Name:	IMG_20200808_160143.jpg
Views:	1296
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	267386
                                        Fantastic! Thanks a ton, James.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

About 33 1/8" at the widest part

Name:	IMG_20200808_160448.jpg
Views:	1293
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	267389
                                          James, you da man. It will fit nicely in the Q5 👍

Comment

Working...
                                          X