X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Этот самолет - просто бомба! я завидую тебе! Спасибо, что поделились своим опытом. Мой отец тоже был в BBC (USAF).

We are always on high alert with new products, just as much as mass production lines of older models that haven't been produced before. It's healthy and understood that all of us here are excited and eager to see those ideals delivered upon. Trust that we're doing our honest best to deliver this MiG-29 on time and above bar!

Reaper911 T-CAT ,

We'll post measurements after the weekend. Until then, here is more BecuzIwuzInverted candy

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1469.JPG Views:	0 Size:	39.5 KB ID:	267380Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1473.JPG Views:	0 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	267379
    saaaaawheat ! You guys are killing my retirement plans with these awesome new releases.

Comment

• Ordered. I had the A-10 up a couple times today, and that convinced me I couldn't pass up another twin 80mm from Freewing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
        Ordered. I had the A-10 up a couple times today, and that convinced me I couldn't pass up another twin 80mm from Freewing.
        Flew my A-10 today too. This Mig and that flight convinced me to pull my F-14 out and get back to work on it. This is my second one, and it's getting a total repaint and scheme change.
        Pat

Comment

• I too had to scratch the twin 80mm itch today - 3 fantastic flights on the Tomcat. I just don't get tired of that bird!

James, if you read this and don't mind (and I apologize if this has been asked and answered already), with the nose cone OFF, what's the length of the fuse tip-to-tip?

Comment

• MIG GANG!!
            Attached Files

Comment

• 1. The manual is online. The wing loading and weight in the manual are almost exactly the same as in the A-10 manual. I don't see the wing area in the A-10 manual, but since the weight and loading are the same, the wing area must also be the same (34dm2). Note that the manual has wing loading (125 g/dm2) based on the weight without the battery (4.3kg). My 6s 5000's are about 760g each, so that will bring the loading up to about 170g/dm2 in flight. Anyway, all of this is the same as the A-10.

2. I also noticed in the manual, the neutral point for the elevator on this Mig29 quite a bit up. I remember the A-10 also needs some up elevator trim also (something I noticed in the manual AFTER my maiden flight)

2. I was looking at what countries fly these. I might go with North Korean roundels, just to have something unusual. Of course the wing loading would be a lot higher with Kim Jong-Un in the cockpit, lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cxWSIt06sjwKgXPDzsZxryo-XhbtaFrtvrMc6p-tT6s.png
Views:	1504
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	267430

Comment

• I'm in .... But there's a business lesson to be learned here ....

Motion RC has cultivated a loyal following by first starting off small and having less choice and better parts and customer service

They also tossed out the trash planes with bad speed controllers glass retracts I'm sure that they are kicking themselves now

So now comes sooner or later the end of companies that took customers for granted and just didn't care

I just hope that this company stays to it's core principles and keeps up the good work

As the hobbyist ten years ago who started outgrows his hanger he goes bigger

Ten years ago a foam plane this big at this price tag might have been a hard sell but now I'm betting they will fly off the shelf faster than two 80 mm fans can push them

To the competition i I say

Eat your heart out

(I know I'm bad but I meant what I said six months ago you shall never see another dime from me )

Famous last words .... Parts on backorder six months later

Comment

• Well, it is on order!!! Big girl! Need more room! LOL Blessings all!! Jerry

Comment

• Sorry Motion-RC/James,

I have another measurement request when time allows. Can you measure from where the leading edge of the wing meets the fuselage all the way to the trailing edge of the horizontal stabilizer (stabilator), or from the wibg tube to the trailing edge of the stabilator?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200808_194446.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	267451

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post
                      I too had to scratch the twin 80mm itch today - 3 fantastic flights on the Tomcat. I just don't get tired of that bird!

James, if you read this and don't mind (and I apologize if this has been asked and answered already), with the nose cone OFF, what's the length of the fuse tip-to-tip?
                      Hey Andrew, it's about 62" give or take from the nose cone off to the elevator tips. The nose cone with the antennae is 12"

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                        Sorry Motion-RC/James,

I have another measurement request when time allows. Can you measure from where the leading edge of the wing meets the fuselage all the way to the trailing edge of the horizontal stabilizer (stabilator)?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200808_194446.jpg
Views:	1506
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	267451
                        32" give or take 1/8th to the side of the elevator closest to the fuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

32" give or take 1/8th to the side of the elevator closest to the fuse.
                          Excellent, thanks again James. That's great because that means it is even less length from the wing tube to the stabilator as that may be how I'm storing mine vertically on the wall.

Comment

• King James with the multiple clutch measurements on a Saturday night!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Honestly, right! Now that's customer service, LOL.

Comment

• Yeah no kidding, nice job James!
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey gents, just pulled the trigger on this one. I also one UBEC, but I'm thinking with the dual speed controllers will I need two, one for each esc? Also, does the ESC use a y harness to connect to both batteries or are they seperate. I need to get some EC5 to XT90 converters by the look of it.

Comment

• mick8488 Hi Mick, thanks for pre-ordering! The power systems are separate: 1 battery into one ESC which powers one EDF. The two power systems are not Y-harnessed together on the power line; only the two ESC's signal wires are harnessed together to provide matched throttle response. This is how all our twin 80mm EDF jets have been set up.

The UBEC is a separate circuit from the power system circuit. The UBEC taps power from one of the battery lines and delivers regulated 5V into the receiver/control bus, @ 8A max on 6s supply. Only one UBEC is needed. Suffice to say, all our aircraft, including other big twins like the Me-262, F-14, A-10, and AL37 Airliner, all use this same UBEC (not to mention many/most of our other Freewing jets in the larger categories).

Strictly speaking, there's nothing stopping you from adding a second UBEC if you wish, but you'd need a power box or similar device to receive the input from those redundant ESCs that would only feed to the receiver/control system the voltage it needs. Obviously 10V would fry the system, so you don't want to series these inputs. Turbine jets often use redundant power systems, but candidly I'd wager that only a fraction of a fraction of foam electric pilots go through that expense, regardless of the brand of foam electric aircraft they're flying from $20 to $1,000.
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                      mick8488 Hi Mick, thanks for pre-ordering! The power systems are separate: 1 battery into one ESC which powers one EDF. The two power systems are not Y-harnessed together on the power line; only the two ESC's signal wires are harnessed together to provide matched throttle response. This is how all our twin 80mm EDF jets have been set up.

The UBEC is a separate circuit from the power system circuit. The UBEC taps power from one of the battery lines and delivers regulated 5V into the receiver/control bus, @ 8A max on 6s supply. Only one UBEC is needed. Suffice to say, all our aircraft, including other big twins like the Me-262, F-14, A-10, and AL37 Airliner, all use this same UBEC (not to mention many/most of our other Freewing jets in the larger categories).

Strictly speaking, there's nothing stopping you from adding a second UBEC if you wish, but you'd need a power box or similar device to receive the input from those redundant ESCs that would only feed to the receiver/control system the voltage it needs. Obviously 10V would fry the system, so you don't want to series these inputs. Turbine jets often use redundant power systems, but candidly I'd wager that only a fraction of a fraction of foam electric pilots go through that expense, regardless of the brand of foam electric aircraft they're flying from $20 to $1,000.
                                      G'day Alpha, that's for clarifying mate. In my pre-order, I picked the ZTW 10A UBEC which I am planning to plug directly into a receiver channel, set to 5 volts. I have similar setups on both my L-39 and F-4. If I'm understanding what you said correctly, it sounds like that should be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by mick8488 View Post

G'day Alpha, that's for clarifying mate. In my pre-order, I picked the ZTW 10A UBEC which by the sounds of it, should be fine.
                                        But the plane already comes with an 8A UBEC. Why do you need the ZTW?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          But the plane already comes with an 8A UBEC. Why do you need the ZTW?
                                          As a backup should that UBEC fail with the escs. I'll still have control of the aircraft servos

Comment

Working...
                                          X