Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All that stuff violates the KISS principal, which I fallow religiously, but to each his own.

Comment

• What size are the main wheels (75mm?) on this beauty. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain MoMo View Post
        What size are the main wheels (75mm?) on this beauty. Thanks!
        The Main wheels are about 80mm and the nose wheels 65mm

Comment

• Just the info i needed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

Thanks James, what is the axle diameter on the main wheels? I will be adding wheel brakes - thanks!

Comment

• I did see on the FS video the MiG had both ailerons slightly deflected up with the flaps down.

Originally posted by Sekhet View Post

The quick answer is no, but depending on the model the flaps could “flex” very slightly up to help with “aerodynamic advantage”. Very few if any models with “flex” ever made it to operational status.
              Flaperons on the other hand may have made an appearance in some later models.

Comment

Thank you James.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

I've been eyeballing the pioneer + iGyro sat for some of my foamies too. The awkward downside though is the limitation of three channels in each axis. That's way too low for a VT jet. On my euro I have 6 channels for pitch, 4 for yaw, 4 for roll :)
                  I've been thinking about sending an email regarding that asking them to have open assignment of gyro options for the 9 ports due to that 3 port issue. I also want them to allow it to work with JR XBus as I was really surprised they didn't include that, but I have a FrSky Horus with SBus for that reason too. Maybe the pioneer's software is flexible enough to allow 4 ports for aileron, 2 elevator, and two rudder, but I'm not sure.
                  Ideally, I would set it up with all 4 wing surfaces (given Alpha's post the flaps can move with the ailerons if I understood correctly), the two tailerons, the pitch/roll for VT, and then the two VT yaw servos Y'd together for way, and then fill out the remaining channels accordingly with retracts, throttle, etc. Absolute worst case I'd put wing surfaces on one hobbyeagle A3 pro gyro and VT/tailerons on another, but that'd be a mess.

Comment

• Motion RC,

Aros May I make a small suggestion on the website product pages?

It seems the question regarding BEC inclusion type comes up often, especially when a new Freewing jet is announced.

It may be worthwhile to include the BEC specs. in the chart that is found on the product pages. The new category can be named "BEC" which would be separate, yet underneath the "ESC" section. Then, it can be shown as necessary, such as Internal or External, number of BEC's, linear or switching, ratings, etc., and however you feel it should be listed properly.

Example: |BEC|------>|1X External Switching 8A. 5V output (2-6S LiPo input)|

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

.... So basically same concept as for the old school vectoring jets it seems ...
                      Er... and the new school ... see SAB HAVOK for further details.

Comment

• Good idea T!

Comment

• James, youtube keeps saying your videos are scheduled for 4 pm last one did too, I’m 99% sure that’s incorrect.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            Add another gyro or two. My SebArt Mig 29 uses 2 gyros - one for control surfaces (Freewing) and one for the VT nozzles (HobbyEagle). If I wanted to spit ailerons and elevators, I would just add another gyro, but on that plane, 2 is enough and they're cheap.
                            A single cortex Pro will work perfectly with thrust vectoring. Also a single aura eight

Comment

• Originally posted by Topdogzrc View Post

I've been thinking about sending an email regarding that asking them to have open assignment of gyro options for the 9 ports due to that 3 port issue. I also want them to allow it to work with JR XBus as I was really surprised they didn't include that, but I have a FrSky Horus with SBus for that reason too. Maybe the pioneer's software is flexible enough to allow 4 ports for aileron, 2 elevator, and two rudder, but I'm not sure.
                              Ideally, I would set it up with all 4 wing surfaces (given Alpha's post the flaps can move with the ailerons if I understood correctly), the two tailerons, the pitch/roll for VT, and then the two VT yaw servos Y'd together for way, and then fill out the remaining channels accordingly with retracts, throttle, etc. Absolute worst case I'd put wing surfaces on one hobbyeagle A3 pro gyro and VT/tailerons on another, but that'd be a mess.

A single cortex Pro ($299)will work perfectly with thrust vectoring. Also a single aura eight ($99)

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain MoMo View Post
                                What size are the main wheels (75mm?) on this beauty. Thanks!
                                Sorry forgot to ask about the main wheel axle dia :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
                                  James, youtube keeps saying your videos are scheduled for 4 pm last one did too, I’m 99% sure that’s incorrect.
                                  Not sure why, says the right time on my end. 12pm EST, so Youtube shows you the right time in whatever timezone you're in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	live show.JPG
Views:	1621
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	268538

Comment

• mick8488 I use two receivers to run all the channels. No redundancy per se. Rx1 is channels 1-8, telemetry on. Rx2 is channels 9-16, telemetry off. I run power from one rx to the other via the RSSI and sbus ports.
                                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Not sure why, says the right time on my end. 12pm EST, so Youtube shows you the right time in whatever timezone you're in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	live show.JPG
Views:	1621
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	268538
                                      Must be a youtube issue because im in los angeles and it would be 9am not 4pm

Comment

• I checked and 4pm would be around Portugal!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	E767E832-B90E-4C15-ACA1-502C3FAD3A42.jpeg
Views:	1708
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	268546
                                          Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!! Curse you, Alpha Enos! You’re stealing all my cool schemes.

The USMC did the digital scheme on one of their planes in the early 2000’s. When the FW F/A-18C came out, I kicked around the idea of doing that scheme but decided it would be too involved. I did see the MiG-29 digital scheme and thought it would be more manageable but there wasn’t a good MiG-29 available at the time. Now that the FW version comes standard in the digital scheme I have to come up with another plan. (Can’t have the same plane as everybody else.) 😉

Will probably go with the original operational camouflage scheme they had when the planes were first introduced into service. Boring, yes, but I remember what an uproar they made when the USSR flew them to Finland in the 80’s to pitch them for sale to that country. That’ll be my personal connection to the MiG that will make it special to me.

Thanks for all your efforts to make this an amazing time to be
                                          in this hobby. It’s getting to the point where we essentially have planes that are close to the level of detail that plastic scale models have. Except these actually fly!

Comment

Working...
                                          X