I think they're totally hamstrung by the "fishbowl" flying field
    I bet several of those trees are aces already 😄

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

... Seems you have some weird ideas...
      Have you been speaking with my wife 😂😂😂

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
        If you follow FN-RC on Facebook, they just posted a good video of the Mig-29 which better shows the speed envelope of this Mig. Not the best quality video, but you'll get the idea.

https://www.facebook.com/FNRCHOBBY
        😉

Click image for larger version

Name:	0B69BA1C-FD89-460A-8B0C-BF2539FFEFD4.jpeg
Views:	1516
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	268805

Comment

• I'm going live again in about 30 minutes to continue testing the livestream's settings and also dive into the 3DTV Upgrade Set. Join me for live Q&A, measurements, requests for other 3DP Sets, etc at www.twitch.tv/AlphaMakesA
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha. How far behind the plane arriving do you think the TVs will be available? Others may have the same question about the airbrake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              Not sure about 200... I am happy with the one I have.

I’d take a bigger F22 in a heart beat. If HSD makes a 105 or 120mm, it will be my first and only high dollar purchase. I am happy with the 90mm too though.

Comment

• I didn’t appreciate the capabilities tv offered until today and now understand the desire to have. Best videos of high alpha I have seen by this pilot:

💓💕✈️🎆✨🎉🎊 It's party time!!Lyuda (my 4th Su-35) just reached 200 flights in this video!It wasn't really cloudy that day so I spent most of the time pract...
                Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Originally posted by john2kx View Post
                  I didn’t appreciate the capabilities tv offered until today and now understand the desire to have. Best videos of high alpha I have seen by this pilot:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D5qJSsaFbO4
                  How about this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQe8wrqNw_U

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post
                    That’s not high alpha, that’s riding on the engine thrust

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

That’s not high alpha, that’s riding on the engine thrust
                      Which is what high alpha flying is all about too, just at a slightly less degree.

That model was way too light though.
                      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• For those curious about the taileron supports (which included me, based on the F-18), I recommend watching the VoD from Alpha's last stream. They are covered at approx 54 minutes in. In short, they look awesome.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

• Question for the group?

Can the the gear doors be changed from 1 stage to 2 stage? I think this is an option via the blue box. Would like the gear doors closed when gear is down

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post

I'm going with two FrSky X8R's and independent channels for all control surfaces. I used this combination on the Su-35. I am currently using this setup on the FA-18C.
                            I have been using the Redundancy Box devices from Frsky for this type of models: dual power inputs (2 batteries/BECs), dual receiver via Sbus, overcurrent protection on each separate output....been using it for several years, works like a charm (with its own builtin telemetry about current draw etc). An inexpensive insurance for more expensive models.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

@y22raptor

Hi Dan, the main axles are 5.05mm and the nose axle is 4.1mm

Hi stormseq , welcome to Hobby Squawk and thanks for sharing your feedback, I appreciate it! Nice video, too, I enjoyed watching it and have always promoted Aerotetris' approach!

As to your comment, I'd have to say that for a MiG-29 to have the performance of 2x 90mm 10s, we would have needed to make our MiG-29 use 2x 90mm 10s. That is unfortunately well beyond the target price point of a 2x80mm 6s MiG-29 which is intended to be flight-ready in less than an hour with a single glue joint to assemble, instead of the hundreds of glue joints (plus many nights of surfacing work) required to get that Aerotetris MiG-29 in the air.

One of the reasons why I have always been an outspoken fan of platforms such as Aerotetris' unique puzzlepiece approach is that he gives us as modelers more options, if/as we're so inclined to spend the necessary hours and money to result in the performance you see in that video. I think --I HOPE!-- there will always be builders around the world who want to spend their time building a one-off KIT that they can personalize, outfit, and enjoy as fruit of their labor. If I had more time, I would buy and build more Aerotetris kits myself! Aerotetris is a great option for this because he doesn't need six figures for tooling and molds, so his enterprise can subsist on much lower volume to keep those foam blocks profitable, while the user covers the cost for outfitting the rest of the model's required components separately.

But as for the "sweet spot" within the marketplace for an EDF jet that is mass-produced, painted-and-decaled, panel-lined, fly-in-an-hour, spare-parts-available, screw-together, warranty-covered, scaled-out and lit-up out-of-the-box, (all things which the Aerotetris is not), the twin 80mm Freewing MiG-29 is about as large and costly as we're confident in backing at this time... for now. If it turns out there is a reliably sizeable group who would actually pay for a 2x90mm 10s F-15 or similar twin (just to use your twin as an example) and didn't sweat a price tag approaching $1k, then maybe we'd consider it.

Please stick around! It's always nice to welcome another big jet pilot into this Squawk community we all enjoy. Feel free to post your airplane ideas in the request thread, as well. We're always listening, counting, considering.

Also, for anyone not following along, Aerotetris' big MiG-29 can be seen here. I think it's such a neat way to build an airplane! Check out his website below and give him a shout out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	108.jpg
Views:	2515
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	268745Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	2466
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	268746

EDIT: On today's livestream the question came up about the scale cant on the vertical stabilizers, the sweeping angle approaching their TE, and the angled exhaust nozzles. As this picture shows, we were able to replicate all three of those aspects from the real MiG-29 onto ours.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2979.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.2 KB ID:	268744
                              I would totally be on board for a bigger EDF in the $1k range. I keep wanting to pull the trigger on the HSD F-16 but i just don’t get a warm feeling about it.

All the things that scare me about the HSD and other big models would be absent in a freewing/ motion release (parts, support, quality, reputation, etc).

Great job on the mig!

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Which is what high alpha flying is all about too, just at a slightly less degree.

That model was way too light though.
                                High alpha (angle of attack) assumes the wing is producing lift, there's no lift being produced if the plane is hovering on pure engine thrust, slow flight with the nose way up...yes, hovering...no

Comment

• That Sebart Mig-29 with thrust vectoring was awesome back in the day. Not surprised it flies so good on more modern equipment.

These two Migs are on different levels, but exciting to think what the new, big one can do with TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

High alpha (angle of attack) assumes the wing is producing lift, there's no lift being produced if the plane is hovering on pure engine thrust, slow flight with the nose way up...yes, hovering...no
                                    True

My point though was that even if the wing produces more than zero lift, the percentage of the total lift provided by the engines approach 100

During high alpha flight, the wings produce nowhere near enough lift to remain airborne

Hovering is just a natural extension of that sliding scale

Why are we having these lame nitpicking debates anyway?

Comment

• Alpha, if/when you get a chance, I would love some good cross sections of the aft battery bay and the couple of inches aft of it - preferably including measurements of internal height

(trying to make tank plans) :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper911 View Post

one more James, height of the fins from bottom of fuse to top of fin
                                        Anybody post the height dimension, yet? Need also from the bottom of the wheels to the top of the vertical fins. Need it for transport configuration in a wheels down configuration. Thanks,

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

Anybody post the height dimension, yet? Need also from the bottom of the wheels to the top of the vertical fins. Need it for transport configuration in a wheels down configuration. Thanks,

-GG
                                          Post #173.

Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum Twin 80mm EDF Jet​ Freewing first established the Twin 80mm class of EDF jets with its popular F-14 Tomcat and then the A-10 Warthog, and now we are proud to announce the Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum! Represented in 1/9 scale, this large aircraft is 1878mm (74”) long with a 1257mm (50”) wingspan,
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X