X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HangarQueen View Post

I have been using the Redundancy Box devices from Frsky for this type of models: dual power inputs (2 batteries/BECs), dual receiver via Sbus, overcurrent protection on each separate output....been using it for several years, works like a charm (with its own builtin telemetry about current draw etc). An inexpensive insurance for more expensive models.
    I will look into that. As of right now I am considering using a 4 channel sbus decoder along with the X8R for 12 channels if the servos are digital. I believe someone said they are digital metal gear.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by flyAA View Post

I would totally be on board for a bigger EDF in the $1k range. I keep wanting to pull the trigger on the HSD F-16 but i just don’t get a warm feeling about it.

All the things that scare me about the HSD and other big models would be absent in a freewing/ motion release (parts, support, quality, reputation, etc).

Great job on the mig!
      100% I've had a few HSD F16s and as good as they are, they are not freewing and parts are difficult to get easily. I would be up for larger1k jets with 120mm edfs
      twin 90 or bigger eurofighter for me would make me part with cash pretty quickly!!

Comment

• Freewing has done a great job! Already have 2 of them coming and I will be putting 2 X-45 turbines in her with two 30 ounce fuel tanks for 5 min flights! I've already converted the FW F-22, A-4, two T-bird F-16's with operational speed brakes and canopy, and the F-14. This will be another great one! Fid of the FW T-Brid Viper cutting through the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
          Mavernick* We're not offering brakes at this time. But I posted the axle diameters up above for anyone pursuing aftermarket brake sets.
          Alpha can you please let me know the diameter and width of the main gear wheel? I found 5mm axle brakes with 55-65-70mm wheels

Comment

• Originally posted by Mavernick* View Post

Alpha can you please let me know the diameter and width of the main gear wheel? I found 5mm axle brakes with 55-65-70mm wheels
            On Page 16 of this thread, James said the mains were about 80mm diameter, and the nose were 65mm diameter. On Page 18, Alpha said the main axles are 5.05mm and the nose axle is 4.1mm.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
              Motion RC,

Aros May I make a small suggestion on the website product pages?

It seems the question regarding BEC inclusion type comes up often, especially when a new Freewing jet is announced.

It may be worthwhile to include the BEC specs. in the chart that is found on the product pages. The new category can be named "BEC" which would be separate, yet underneath the "ESC" section. Then, it can be shown as necessary, such as Internal or External, number of BEC's, linear or switching, ratings, etc., and however you feel it should be listed properly.

Example: |BEC|------>|1X External Switching 8A. 5V output (2-6S LiPo input)|
              Aros Alpha To add quickly to my previous suggestion, I think it may be beneficial to also make a "Wheel/Axle Size" category in the Specs. section under, yet separate from the "Landing Gear" specs. The main wheel and nose diameter can then be specified, as well as the axle diameter. Aftermarket brake use appear to be popular and the question comes up a lot with every jet announcement, just as BEC question does.

Maybe that will even lessen some questions CS has to answer.

Comment

• T-CAT those are good ideas...If I am provided with the accurate data I would be happy to add those fields to our specification tables!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks, Aros!

Comment

• While you're at it, add the scale size too. Maybe that will eliminate most of the "what scale is this" questions that get posted when people are trying to order decals from Callie.
                    Pat

Comment

• Does anyone know the actual main wheel size???? I pre-ordered mine, I have been reading this post and have read everything from 65mm to 80mm. also the actual AXLE size 4mm 5mm I want to go ahead and get a set of brakes for this, but don't know what size to get. Any help will be appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by raron455 View Post
                        Does anyone know the actual main wheel size???? I pre-ordered mine, I have been reading this post and have read everything from 65mm to 80mm. also the actual AXLE size 4mm 5mm I want to go ahead and get a set of brakes for this, but don't know what size to get. Any help will be appreciated
                        According to James the main tires are 80mm (it's the nose tires that are 65mm). The main axles are 5.05mm.
                        Pat

Comment

• Main Specifications PNP:
                          Wingspan: 1257mm
                          Length: 1878mm
                          Take-off weight: 4300g

Material: EPO Material
                          EDF: 9
                          blades 80mm EDF X2

Motor: outrunner 3658-1920KV X2
                          ESC:100A ESC 8A UBEC X2
                          2pcs 9g metal servos 9pcs 17g metal servos
                          Ladning gear system.
                          Flap
                          LED system
                          6S 4000---5200MAH Lipo battery
                          (not included)
                          2.4Ghz 6 channel RC (not included)

Charger: B6 Multi-functional Balance Charger (not included)
                          Electric Retractable Landing Gear Installed
                          ==================================
                          Configurations PNP:

PNP: includes Everything Except RC, Battery, Charger

Configuration KIT+S:

Not inlcuded any electronic device, only airplane frame and landing gear and with servos.

=============================

More photos as Below:

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

On Page 16 of this thread, James said the mains were about 80mm diameter and 65mm diameter nose. On Page 18, Alpha said the main axles are 5.05mm and the nose axle is 4.1mm.
                            T-CAT Many thanks, very helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scale Master View Post
                              I won’t quote all of the post as it’s too lengthy. Aside from most of the stuff being in Chinese, is there information here that we don’t already know?

Comment

• I think it was more to just show more pictures.
                                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by raron455 View Post
                                  Does anyone know the actual main wheel size???? I pre-ordered mine, I have been reading this post and have read everything from 65mm to 80mm. also the actual AXLE size 4mm 5mm I want to go ahead and get a set of brakes for this, but don't know what size to get. Any help will be appreciated
                                  See post #405 for all these dimensions.

Comment

• I wanted to order some decals from Callie, and wondered what size. So I copied the previously-posted dimension picture in Visio, captured the scale of the drawing, then put two roundels on the wing to see what diameter looks appropriate. The bigger one on the left is 93.8mm diameter (~3 and 11/16 inches), and the smaller one on the right is 83.2mm diameter (~3 and 9/32 inches).
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Roundel.jpg
Views:	1046
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	269648

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                      I think it was more to just show more pictures.
                                      Yeah, probably. I'm sitting here, looking, looking and looking to try and see what might be different with the plane.

Comment

• Alpha or James can you post this measurement?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Scale Master View Post
                                          Freewing has done a great job! Already have 2 of them coming and I will be putting 2 X-45 turbines in her with two 30 ounce fuel tanks for 5 min flights! I've already converted the FW F-22, A-4, two T-bird F-16's with operational speed brakes and canopy, and the F-14. This will be another great one! Fid of the FW T-Brid Viper cutting through the air.
                                          Will make two of us then :D

I kinda have some ideas for DJI FPV and vectoring too, but first things first :)
                                          Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

Working...
                                          X