Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been coming back to the Mig-29 since the pre-order came out ordered yesterday hope I am not too late for the first batch.

Comment

• Originally posted by skybolt View Post
      I have been coming back to the Mig-29 since the pre-order came out ordered yesterday hope I am not too late for the first batch.
      The webpage would tell you if they've sold out of the first batch and a new arrival date would be posted.

Comment

• Here is another picture with more size info for decals. I put a side view at the same scale and it looks to me like the vertical stab roundel should be around the same size as the smaller of the two example wing roundels. Also I indicated some other boxes in the drawing, but some are specific to this DPRK livery. The dimension on the 3 digit number on the intake is the size of a rectangle bounding all 3 digits. Sorry for the spam, I tried to replace the drawing several posts ago, but apparently "edit" does not allow different attachments.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Roundelv2.jpg
Views:	1049
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	269727

Comment

• Originally posted by raron455 View Post
          Does anyone know the actual main wheel size???? I pre-ordered mine, I have been reading this post and have read everything from 65mm to 80mm. also the actual AXLE size 4mm 5mm I want to go ahead and get a set of brakes for this, but don't know what size to get. Any help will be appreciated
          Look on page 16 and 18

Comment

• Or look at the reply immediate following the question.
            Pat

Comment

• This Freewing release has evidently set a new record here and on RCG for the number of model measurements requested before the model arrives....:)

Comment

• Now that we know the axle sizes what break/wheels are you all looking at? I am thinking of using the JP Hobby ones but they are 65mm wheel diameter. Anyone found larger wheels with breaks that don't weigh as much as a battery pack? LoL!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
                  Now that we know the axle sizes what break/wheels are you all looking at? I am thinking of using the JP Hobby ones but they are 65mm wheel diameter. Anyone found larger wheels with breaks that don't weigh as much as a battery pack? LoL!
                  I found JP brakes and wheels 5mm axle and 70mm wheels but not sure for purchasing them as stock wheels are about 80mm as said here and nose is 65mm. Thinking that if 70mm are good then nose should be reduced to 60mm at least? The nearest JP wheel diameter i have found is 75mm but for 6mm axle.

Comment

• Electron retracts offer an 80 mm wheel

Comment

• I know I will get laughed out of town for asking this, but could you fit three batteries, say 4000s into the Mig and would it give extra flight duration ?
                      what do you think Alpha ?

Comment

• I thought it was interesting that the 5100 batts had same flight time 5:30+ and active throttle ~4:00 as the 6000 batts. Must have reached the depreciating returns on weight to power. Since I plan on running 5000s this isn’t bad new at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          The webpage would tell you if they've sold out of the first batch and a new arrival date would be posted.
                          Not if multiple containers left at the same time....

Comment

• Originally posted by dsmithwc04@yahoo.com View Post
                            I thought it was interesting that the 5100 batts had same flight time 5:30+ and active throttle ~4:00 as the 6000 batts. Must have reached the depreciating returns on weight to power. Since I plan on running 5000s this isn’t bad new at all.
                            dsmithwc04 - Don't read too much into it. The 5100 carbons and 6000's weigh about the same. It comes down to the fact that you saw just 1 flight on 3 different sets of packs. No two flights are the same so impossible to extrapolate an average flight time based on just these flights. In total, the aircraft now has 17 flights on it. 3 prior to the announcement where we were very conservative, just wanted to get some flying footage and pics for the big announcement. 10 on the day with Patrick where he flew 4 flights on 4000, 2 on 6000, 2 on 5100, 2 on 5000. Then I just did my first 4 flights yesterday on the same aircraft, 2 with 5100 and 2 with 4000. I wish the only part of my job was to just be at the field all day every day, but it's not. But, either way, what you should take away from these videos is that for a large twin EDF jet, the flight time has come a long way and the days of 2-3 minute EDF flights are over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                              I know I will get laughed out of town for asking this, but could you fit three batteries, say 4000s into the Mig and would it give extra flight duration ?
                              what do you think Alpha ?
                              I'm sure 3 batteries would fit in the bay at one time, but you'd be adding a ton of weight to the tail to get it to balance. You'd also be hard pressed to find room for the BB and you RX.
                              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                I'm sure 3 batteries would fit in the bay at one time, but you'd be adding a ton of weight to the tail to get it to balance. You'd also be hard pressed to find room for the BB and you RX.
                                Interestingly enough, there is a great amount of space on the sides of the back battery compartment. We have our receiver tucked in there with plenty of room and the eagle gyro is under the back battery compartment. So you could totally fit the blue box back there and your RX / gyro and have the entire top/middle compartment clear if you wished. Might just need a few extensions for the nose gear and steering.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

Interestingly enough, there is a great amount of space on the sides of the back battery compartment. We have our receiver tucked in there with plenty of room and the eagle gyro is under the back battery compartment. So you could totally fit the blue box back there and your RX / gyro and have the entire top/middle compartment clear if you wished. Might just need a few extensions for the nose gear and steering.
                                  Wow, this thing has way more room than I thought!

But...three 4000's up front? CG would be impossible to achieve without adding a tone of tail weight. Although I'd love to see someone prove me wrong.
                                  Pat

Comment

• I'm thinking two 3300s so I can hover it down like the Mirage
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                      Wow, this thing has way more room than I thought!

But...three 4000's up front? CG would be impossible to achieve without adding a tone of tail weight. Although I'd love to see someone prove me wrong.
                                      Yeah, I am not recommending 3 batteries in any way, but modelers will do whatever modelers will do. I'd happily watch someone try it

Comment

• As Alpha says, it's your plane, your responsibility.
                                        Pat

Comment

• I have some 445g higher C 3500's that would work well for that...

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                          I'm thinking two 3300s so I can hover it down like the Mirage

Comment

Working...
                                          X