X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post

The Turnigy 5000 60C and 4000 60Cs have been excellent for me. 820 grams and 663 grams respectively, so a bit portly, but they stay cool and don't sag as much or as quickly. If I didn't have access to other great options, that's probably all I'd fly. They're a good value. The 5000's are $150/pair and the 4000s are $112/pair. Mine have shipped with IRs <=6 total (1 per cell avg).

I've flown HRB 60Cs and the CNHL 65C and 40C Blacks and they're not as good by a fair margin, which I is also indicated by the testing on the other forum. HRB IRs are lower than CNHL in my experience. The 65C are okay, but the 40C are terrible. They are lighter though at 758 - 743 grams respectively.

I have a pair of the Liperior 75C's which are heavy at 856 grams, but also seem to perform well with very low IRs - mine total 5 and 6 for all six cells (1 ohm avg). They were about $122/pair. I read they were working on shipping to Australia.
    People scoff at the brand but my favourite 5000mah packs are Rhinos from HobbyKing. Genuine 45C rating, I suspect because it's a much larger pack than what is on the label. Comparable in size and weight to 6200mah from other manufacturers. Got some half price at 65AUD and they keep thirsty 90mm jets happy for a few minutes.

The HRB carbons (branded yoowoo here and local stock available on ebay) are also seriously good packs at 130AUD.

I have 4S CHNL for 8S applications and they are good for the money.

And yes, like any good Australian, there's a stack of Turnigy HDs in my cupboard lol. They're the only packs I've ever had really puff up on me but they keep putting out the amps and the IR remains low.

Comment

• I'm a big fan of this color scheme, and I'm thinking about combining the digital camo with these yellow markings. (hey each his own thing of course).😉

Someone knows where to find Russian caligraphs 1/9 for jets ?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Edwin-0 View Post
        I'm a big fan of this color scheme, and I'm thinking about combining the digital camo with these yellow markings. (hey each his own thing of course).😉

The easiest by far is to get a set of really good pics from various angles, and have Callie (Soden, a.k.a Callie Graphics) make it for you. Cheap and excellent quality.
        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by Edwin-0 View Post
          I'm a big fan of this color scheme, and I'm thinking about combining the digital camo with these yellow markings. (hey each his own thing of course).😉

If all you need are red stars and numbers, just order Callie's L-39 set in 1/9.

https://callie-graphics.com/collecti...3-graphics-set
          Pat

Comment

• I second Callie, she does an amazing job at delivering custom decals!

Originally posted by Jdcrow View Post
            i pay more attention to IR than anything when i can. If the power can flow cleanly, and sufficiently, the C bragging doesnt matter
            Agree with IR. That and pack weight is a great indicator too. Light packs usually suck. Some can give a lot of power but then they don't last for long.
            So far I have had best of luck with Panther Li-Po packs. Have 6 6S 5000mAh batteries at 65 cycles each and their IR is like new, most cells around 1 mOhm, all below 1.8.

No swelling so far. They are 870g each, but well worth it!

Comment

• That's another reason I like RoaringTop so much. Their packs typically have very low IR (1.8 or below). Their 5800 35C packs test out on the IR Meter at a true 20C, which means they're capable of a sustained 116A draw. And the 6250s are capable of 125A sustained. The 5800 is only 780g, and the 6250 is 803; much lower weight than other packs at lower mAh. I have no problem fitting either size in my A-10, the 5800s fit in the F-14 without modifying the battery areas, and I'll probably use 6250s in this Mig.

I fly one or the other of these packs in all of my unmodified Freewing jets, and in almost 4 years I've never had a pack puff on me or drop a cell. The only time I've had to replace one is from crash damage.
              Pat

Comment

• My amp demands are more up into the 150A sustained, so guess I'll stick to Panthers for now...

Comment

• Yeah, I'm running 2 x CHNL 40C 5000s, 1 x CHNL 65C 5000, a HRB 50C 5000mah and a ZeePower 5200mah 50C on my F-4 with a 120amp esc. The HRB struggles, gets fairly hot but the others are fine. CHNLs seem the best out of my set. Haven't tried Admirals or Roaring Tops tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                    My amp demands are more up into the 150A sustained, so guess I'll stick to Panthers for now...
                    Clarified my statement above to indicate "unmodified Freewing jets" as my F-22 is 12S.
                    Pat

Comment

• That's gotta be a fun rocketship!
                      Farthest I've gone on an EDF is 8S!

Comment

• We need F-22 as big as Mig29 with more details and bar lights like Jeremy Solt made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          We need F-22 as big as Mig29 with more details and bar lights like Jeremy Solt made.
                          Agreed. And add a twin 80mm F-15E Strike Eagle to that list too!
                          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                            That's gotta be a fun rocketship!
                            Farthest I've gone on an EDF is 8S!
                            Yep, unlimited vertical on it. My favorite thing is to do a zoom climb at show center, chop throttle at about 800', then power glide down and past show center. The sound of the air rushing through it without any power on is awesome.
                            Pat

Comment

• Hey Alpha, hoping you can help. Can you point me to the supplier of the Kingboxer glue (Freewing glue) that is included in your kits? I have used a lot of glues in my day but this is hands down the best I have ever used. I can't find it anywhere on the net and it appears the website address for Kingboxer is not working.

Appreciate any help.

Dennis Forbes

Comment

• Originally posted by DForbes View Post
                                Hey Alpha, hoping you can help. Can you point me to the supplier of the Kingboxer glue (Freewing glue) that is included in your kits? I have used a lot of glues in my day but this is hands down the best I have ever used. I can't find it anywhere on the net and it appears the website address for Kingboxer is not working.

Appreciate any help.

Dennis Forbes
                                Dennis,

Beacon Foam Tac is pretty much the same thing (contact cement). If you can't get hold of a white tube of glue, this is your option.

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...m-tac-glue-2oz
                                Pat

Comment

• Alpha, any word in the TVs availability? Hoping they will be available when we get the plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                    Dennis,

Beacon Foam Tac is pretty much the same thing (contact cement). If you can't get hold of a white tube of glue, this is your option.

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...m-tac-glue-2oz
                                    Yeah Foam Tac is not the same. The Freewing glue has a different consistency and it dries much harder than the Foam Tac. It's amazing to me the Freewing glue cannot be purchased, makes no sense. This tells me that either the glue has toxic properties that they know will not pass US import MSDS standards or maybe the glue market in the US is just not worth selling to.

Comment

• Or maybe it's just really cheap glue that they can only give away. I don't use it. I throw it into a bag for emergencies. I have a bag with over 50 tubes of the stuff.

Comment

• I have 4 Lectron Pro 6S 5200mAh 50C Lipos. Label states 115.44Wh. They weigh in at 651 grams. Any thoughts on whether these should be a good fit for EDF application?

Comment

• Hello Alpha, do you have any idea when the trust vectoring will be available to purchase for the Mig 29?

Comment

Working...
                                          X