Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wrthog View Post
    I Want my mig! 😎
    Great, now you've got Dire Straits Money for Nothing stuck in my head!
    Pat

Comment

• I've seen that post Pat, that's why I say it looks like a cut along a seam and a bologna cut across. I assume some of that is foam and part plastic... I'd like just some more info on when and what, along with price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        I've seen that post Pat, that's why I say it looks like a cut along a seam and a bologna cut across. I assume some of that is foam and part plastic... I'd like just some more info on when and what, along with price.
        I will assume detailed info on that will be produced (some sort of manual/how to) when the release gets closer.
        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          I've seen that post Pat, that's why I say it looks like a cut along a seam and a bologna cut across. I assume some of that is foam and part plastic... I'd like just some more info on when and what, along with price.
          Looks like all foam cutting to me. The front part is the termination of foam at the EDF hatch. The only cut is the seam along the sides. Cut that out, glue in the TV replacement, route the wires. Per Alpha:

"Simply part the existing foam seam to remove the stock nozzle, then glue in the Set and route the wires for the four servos."

Pat

Comment

• Mid month is less than 2 weeks so if it was going to be available with the plane its time. Plus we have seen a picture of the Gripens in James' had and it's not due until the end of next month.

Pat, I saw that but there is the forward area at the fan opening and around the top at the tail cone to consider too. I'm just anxious, I've asked the same question since day one. When, how and price. When I said part foam and part plastic I was talking about the TV assembly itself.

Edit, the Gripen assembly looks well made from foam and molded parts. Alpha said the MiG's was 3D printed. Significant differences in description.

Originally posted by janmb View Post

I will assume detailed info on that will be produced (some sort of manual/how to) when the release gets closer.

Comment

• Hey pilots! Customer Service Team member Andrew here. I wanted to dump some photos of the MiG-29 meeting the F-14 Tomcat last night. I tried to capture some good angles comparing the two. The MiG-29 has a ton of lifting body surface vs the venerable F-14 Tomcat. It feels a bit more stout when picking it up and moving it around. Static thrust run-ups reveal the MiG has loads of power. I've never felt an EDF push that hard against my hand.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5434.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	177.9 KB ID:	272377
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5440.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	267.8 KB ID:	272378
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5432.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	335.0 KB ID:	272379
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5435.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	208.3 KB ID:	272380
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5430.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	187.3 KB ID:	272381

Comment

• Very nice, Andrew .

Comment

• So glad the pitot tubes are removable on newer models. I snapped the SU-35 one before I even got it in the air

Comment

• Seeing this next to the Tomcat makes me want a bigger Kitty.

Comment

• Speaking of the Tomcat...

Comment

• I made a model of mig-29AS recently.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0018.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	272429Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0043.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	272430Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0027.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	272431Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0021.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	272432

Comment

• The ordinance load is impressive.

Name:	IMG_5309.JPEG
Views:	826
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	272439

Name:	IMG_5308.JPEG
Views:	800
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	272440

Comment

• Man i cant wait!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bandetx View Post
                              I made a model of mig-29AS recently.
                              Wow excellent work, really impressive!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                Vulcan_FPV Thanks for the opportunity to earn your business!

The ETA for your preorder is whatever the ETA was on the day that you placed your preorder. So, for anyone placing their preorder as of today, their ETA is what is showing on the website as of today ("Early October"). Back when you pre-ordered on Aug 27, the ETA on the website was "mid-September", so that's the only ETA you need to watch for.

Our system is updated in near real-time, and given the tremendous popularity of the MiG-29, we have extended access beyond the initial "Mid-September" supply to the next inbound supply of aircraft whose ETA is currently "Early October". At this rate, they won't last very long either, at which point the next ETA is probably going to be late November if not December.

Basically, for anyone on the fence, I wouldn't recommend waiting too much longer if you definitely want to fly a MiG-29 before Christmas. Of course, we'll try to produce and ship and receive a third shipment to arrive before then, but these first wave of shipments were supposed to last us until Christmas and they're almost gone already!
                                THANK YOU ALPHA!!!!!!! I am so excited. This is going to be awesome!!!

Comment

• So I noticed in one of the videos that I looked at in this Thread, the MiG 29 apparently came with the tiger decals on the tail as soon as he opened the box. Well, I was actually planning on doing some painting anyway
                                  Just recently I ordered 2 sets of Russian decals For this project. This is going to look very sweet when I’m done with it

Comment

• Originally posted by Vulcan_FPV View Post
                                    So I noticed in one of the videos that I looked at in this Thread, the MiG 29 apparently came with the tiger decals on the tail as soon as he opened the box. Well, I was actually planning on doing some painting anyway
                                    Just recently I ordered 2 sets of Russian decals For this project. This is going to look very sweet when I’m done with it
                                    where did you order these decals?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vulcan_FPV View Post
                                      So I noticed in one of the videos that I looked at in this Thread, the MiG 29 apparently came with the tiger decals on the tail as soon as he opened the box. Well, I was actually planning on doing some painting anyway
                                      The one that James got was a pre-production model (sort of). Motion has stated that the models are being shipped without the Tiger decals applied and are supplied i nthe box. Modeler's choice to apply them or not.

As for decals, Callie has sets for a couple of Russian birds that would work on the Mig-29. Just order in 1/9 scale.

https://callie-graphics.com/collecti...ucts/mig-21-53
                                      Pat

Comment

• https://youtu.be/uqxcfsCOklk I found one more guys this video from china...

Comment

• Originally posted by Edwin-0 View Post

where did you order these decals?

same site, Motion rc, using the ones from the MiG-21 and the L-39. I just got them on Monday along with a replacement vertical stab for the Mig-21 that it needed for like a month. 2020 is the year of me getting more Russian Birds. Idk why. I got the Eflite SU-30, the MiG-21, 30mm edf MiG-29, UMX MIG-15, I JUST ORDERED THE MIG-29 FROM MOTION RC and I’m planning on ordering The blitz rc works SU-47 and the free wing SU-35.
                                          they make the majority of my fleet of 14 aircraft I own. Including the eflite 1.5 P-51 which I’m struggling with tail slides from the motor torque on the ground

Comment

Working...
                                          X