Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There isn't any usual retransmitted programming is there, such as an oddball throttle trim? Does the owner have any additional aftermarket components that have been installed, and if so, what are they?

Remedy any transmitter issues, if any, re-bind the aircraft properly, and recalibrate the ESC.

Also, it may be beneficial to get the jet set up to get some watt meter to test current, voltage drop of the battery under load (make sure the LiPo is fully charged), and power. Test various LiPo's one at a time, and ensure they are fully charged. After testing, the LiPo's can then be discharged to approximate storage voltage to help maintain adequate lifespan and performance.

***I just realized we are talking about this in a Mig-29 thread. Let's bring that conversation to the T-33 thread. Just respond over there.***

Comment

• Originally posted by Spinny Testaverde View Post
      🛫
      And that's without the TV nozzles... hehehe!

#hypehypehype

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
        Lots of videos to get through, guys. The MiG has been featured in eight videos in the past 3.5 weeks, yet that one plane alone isn't all we've been selling this past month. We are pacing out new videos to keep interest peaked, rather than publish a dozen videos all on the same day. Who else publishes that many videos of an upcoming aircraft?

Fear not, the MiG-29 handles grass just as capably as any other big jet in our lineup. Same large wheels, and a stronger power system (inrunner) than the other two twin 80mms in our lineup (Tomcat and A-10). So, unsure why there would be any doubt as to the MiG's capabilities.
        We aren't suggesting you release everything at once. We are suggesting that you release a video of it handling grass. We have seen it do the same flights over and over with different capacity batteries. Now your cutomers want to see something that a lot of us are going to do.....which is FLY OFF GRASS! I'm curious to see how the twisting main gear holds up when it handles some torque.

Comment

• Originally posted by leithalweapon View Post

We aren't suggesting you release everything at once. We are suggesting that you release a video of it handling grass. We have seen it do the same flights over and over with different capacity batteries. Now your cutomers want to see something that a lot of us are going to do.....which is FLY OFF GRASS! I'm curious to see how the twisting main gear holds up when it handles some torque.
          Chill. Yelling at Alpha isn't going to give you a grass ops video any faster. It's going to be fine on grass. The MiG's wheels are bigger than my F-4 and L-39s' wheel which handle grass no probs.

Comment

• Grass, grass grass grass.. grass. Did i mention grass? Grass.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1020
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	272679
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
              Grass guys should know a grass capable jet when they see one. You can tell just by looking at this thing that it will excel on unimproved surfaces.

If it doesn't, I'll personally come and mow your lawn.
              Haha! Yes, you are right. :-) And looking at these gigantic wheels I certainly believe it will be grass capable. But still, I would like to see the video :-). I just spent more than 400 euro's in an attempt to make by Freewing 90mm F-16 grass capable (upgrade from 6s to 8s). Still have to test it. But my point: before I spend another few hundred euro's on a new plane, I want to be 100% sure it will take of from our field.

Comment

• Originally posted by mick8488 View Post

Chill. Yelling at Alpha isn't going to give you a grass ops video any faster. It's going to be fine on grass. The MiG's wheels are bigger than my F-4 and L-39s' wheel which handle grass no probs.
                Nope. Not yelling, just simply pointing out that all the new edf's that are said to do fine on grass should be shown doing exactly that. Shouldn't be difficult to put a few new models in a car and take them to a grass strip. Unless, of course, they think it is to big a risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by leithalweapon View Post

Nope. Not yelling, just simply pointing out that all the new edf's that are said to do fine on grass should be shown doing exactly that. Shouldn't be difficult to put a few new models in a car and take them to a grass strip. Unless, of course, they think it is to big a risk.
                  Sorry leithalweapon but we don't have a grass runway thats accessible anywhere close to us, unless you are suggesting I go on someone's private property to appease?

the aircraft took off fine from the grass next to our runway which is a terrible representation of grass as our tires sit below the grass line, it has ant hills, gopher holes, divets and is just risky all around. But she did it in about 300ft on that. We will release that video eventually for sure. The closest grass field I know of near me is a private field which is 2 hours away that has a decent grass strip and I will try to get there when I am able.

But you'll probably see it from customers with grass fields who already ordered them before that happens.

​​​​​
                  ​​​​

Comment

• This one should be a piece of cake to get off on grass, even if it's slightly too long or wet.

Plus it has the added benefit of not having the cheater holes on the bottom of the intakes, so it shouldn't vacuum up too many clippings.

Comment

• Originally posted by PieterO View Post

Haha! Yes, you are right. :-) And looking at these gigantic wheels I certainly believe it will be grass capable. ....
                      I would like to see MotionRC offer wheel hubs like the scythed chariots used by the Persian empire. That way it could mow the lawn while taking off. You could use and maintain your field at the same time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1024px-The_charge_of_the_Persian_scythed_chariots.jpg Views:	0 Size:	272.8 KB ID:	272742

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

I would like to see MotionRC offer wheel hubs like the scythed chariots used by the Persian empire. That way it could mow the lawn while taking off. You could use and maintain your field at the same time.
                        It's the next 3DPUP and the main reason why the mains twist when retracting. It is even more effective to put razors on the leading edge of any low wing and do belly landings... Very dangerous, but if the grass is tall you do what you gotto do.

Comment

• Thanks for the honesty James!

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

The closest grass field I know of near me is a private field which is 2 hours away that has a decent grass strip ...

​​​​​
                            ​​​​
                            He James, you COULD just ship me your test plane and I'll take it off from the grass strip that I fly at, and make a video for everyone, There's only one catch... I may not return it right away! I'll send it back the minute my new one arrives! I promise!!
                            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Unintended post...sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by PieterO View Post

Haha! Yes, you are right. :-) And looking at these gigantic wheels I certainly believe it will be grass capable. But still, I would like to see the video :-). I just spent more than 400 euro's in an attempt to make by Freewing 90mm F-16 grass capable (upgrade from 6s to 8s). Still have to test it. But my point: before I spend another few hundred euro's on a new plane, I want to be 100% sure it will take of from our field.

While this isn’t the Mig29 I have the FMS SU-27 which has very similar twist retracts & has no issues on my Grass field which isn’t exactly a Putting Green..I’m sure the Mig29 has as stout a landing gear as the SU-27.. I would have no qualms about operating the Mig29 on my Grass field when I order mine..
                                However regarding the F-16 as Grass capable I’d say not really especially the Front Struts .. Let’s just say you don’t want to run over Divots .. Going 8s & making it heavier doesn’t do the front struts any favours either..You definitely want spare pins ..A trailing link front strut would have made the F-16 so much more grass capable but then the Scale Police would up in arms While the F-16 was a nice plane it no longer is an addition to my Hangar because of the front struts..

Comment

• I read earlier that air brakes could be an option upgrade. Is this still being considered?

Comment

• And i was thinking who will make this first a jet powered using a K45 in it...or should i say under it!!!

FreeWing MiG-29 Fulcrum Digital Camo Twin 80mm EDF Jet upgrade KingTech K45 turbine engine maiden flight@HK. Over Power for inverted lowpass. The jet sound i...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mavernick* View Post
                                      And i was thinking who will make this first a jet powered using a K45 in it...or should i say under it!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=9qyyPlgVo2k
                                      It's already been done .

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

It's already been done .
                                        And exactly that was his point too I believe (he linked to the same video)
                                        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

And exactly that was his point too I believe (he linked to the same video)
                                          Hmm, I never saw that while reading it, which was likely me overlooking it (unless the poster added it later, but it was probably already there), and was the reason for me adding the video link.

Comment

Working...
                                          X