X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    You didn't get the whole sarcasm thing, did you? The quotation marks, the italicized print, the 3rd person singular didn't give it away?
    Sorry, I'm not native English speaker so I did not get it right. I see the point now. :) Anyway, all that I wrote is pure true but should be addressed to another guy ;)

Comment

• The crash at the mountainous field looks like there's very little elevator throw available to the pilot and they seem to me to be set up with a bit of down elevator dialed in at rest, once I slowed the video down and took a look.

At 1/4 speed just before the crash, either he's giving it all the elevator he has already, doesn't have any elevator response or he didn't seem to make any attempt to save it...I know I'd be yanking back on the stick but in the video, the elevators are almost neutral.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fett vision View Post
        Honestly that first crashed looked intentional, no panic, silence as it was going down and the silence after. Not too mention it looked perfectly placed.

This one appears to be a real wreck

https://youtu.be/if95iHaSi8M
        Have a read of the YouTube comments on this crash video of the MiG-29, they're blaming the BEC failing, signal loss and a lack of a charged radio battery. Hence why I'm sticking in my backup UBEC.

Comment

• Hot damn, shipping notice received!
          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
            Hot damn, shipping notice received!
            Yup! They are going out already.

Comment

• Flying by this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Shipped!

Comment

• Same here!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post
                    Here's the info on the dual stage gear door mod. Cheap and easy. The MCB (blue box) has a port for dual stage doors. All I did was disconnect the main gear door servos from the wing boards, use a y-harness, and run them to the dual stage door port on the MCB. As a result when I lower my gear the doors shut once it's extended. When I retract the gear they open before the struts retract and then close after gear retraction. This is a simple mod that will only cost you a y-harness. It may not be scale but I like the way it works.

RCGuy83 thanks for sharing the door mod, on another subject did you use the factory setting on flaps and did you use full flaps on your landing?

Comment

• got my shipping notification! -ordered Aug 10th

Comment

• Shipping notice received, - ordered Aug 7th

MiG ME, MiG ME , MiG ME Yahoo!!!
                        Best regards,
                        Cris B.
                        AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
                        NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Shipping notice received! Also ordered Aug 7

Comment

• Originally posted by Mavernick* View Post

RCGuy83 thanks for sharing the door mod, on another subject did you use the factory setting on flaps and did you use full flaps on your landing?
                            I used the books rates for flaps and used flaps 1 for the first landing then flaps 2 for the rest. I added some flap to elevator mix (nose UP trim) as well which kept it trimmed nicely with flaps down. The frontal profile can disappear against blueish/whitesh skies so the landing light comes in handy. I didn't find the MiG too difficult to land just make sure you have roll-out room if you come in hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
                              Can you show your antenna routing? I’ll be using the same receiver. Actually a 7008SB, but basically the same.
                              I taped one to the bulkhead behind the battery and one to the ceiling of the side pocket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5549.JPEG
Views:	694
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	273295

Name:	IMG_5550.JPEG
Views:	682
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	273296

Name:	IMG_5551.JPEG
Views:	692
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	273297

Comment

I used the books rates for flaps and used flaps 1 for the first landing then flaps 2 for the rest. I added some flap to elevator mix (nose UP trim) as well which kept it trimmed nicely with flaps down. The frontal profile can disappear against blueish/whitesh skies so the landing light comes in handy. I didn't find the MiG too difficult to land just make sure you have roll-out room if you come it hot.
                                Ok mate thanks good to know. I 'm trying to find brakes for this model.

Comment

• Is there adequate air flow to keep the batteries cool? I am having a problem with batteries over heating in my 8s F 22(no airflow).

Comment

• I got my shipping notice and now need to know how the TV is going to be attached? After watching the Gripen video I see carbon tubes being used to attach the TV. If I build and fly the Mig before the TV accessory is available, am I screwed and not able to add TV at a later date?

Comment

• I'm 90 minutes away from Cary, curious if I will be one of the first to get their shipment

Comment

• Originally posted by Racer686 View Post
                                        I got my shipping notice and now need to know how the TV is going to be attached? After watching the Gripen video I see carbon tubes being used to attach the TV. If I build and fly the Mig before the TV accessory is available, am I screwed and not able to add TV at a later date?
                                        From what I've seen Alpha post, you would need to just cut the glue on the existing seams in the fuse up to the fan hatch and the entire tail section then comes off. Then you take the TV unit and glue it in place after running the wires forward.

So it is not like the Gripen where the entire tail section is glued on. You have to do a minor amount of surgery. On the Gripen, you simply choose which tail section to add, TV or non-TV.
                                        Pat

Comment

Standing over this massive jet with my fingers on the CG marks it was tipping nose down a little not a lot. The rear most pack can't move hardly at all but the upper pack has some room to adjust the CG. I had set the manuals recommended 1mm of nose up trim. I didn't have to trim a ton and had plenty of elevator authority.
                                          Sounds good.

Will probably have to carve foam anyway - I'll be flying with my 5000mah Graphene Panthers, which are fairly heavy, so getting the CG I want will most likely require a little bit of creativity. No biggie what so ever though, used to it, and should be easier on this model than most.
                                          Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

Working...
                                          X