X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teslamandex View Post
    Yeah. But at $262 for shipping on a $639 Plane, that would be a 41% Sales tax. Not sure how HH is able to send 2 meter aircraft to AK for $11 shipping rate?
    I checked shipping to Alaska for you. This is a very large box and FedEx charges $260 - $295 to get this large Mig-29 to various parts of Alaska. I also checked the postal service and they would charge $202 if we shipped it by Parcel Select which is an estimated 3 weeks transit time. Given the state of the postal service, I would say it would be more like 6 weeks. I also checked Priority mail, DHL, and a few others and they will not ship this box because it is beyond the maximum dimension they will ship. I'm guessing this is a larger heavier box and plane. The shipping box size is not always related to wingspan. We have a 2000mm cub which comes in a box significantly smaller than the Mig-29 box. I suspect the shipping price is all about the box size and the remote location of Alaska. I wish the shippers charged less. ouch.

Comment

• Tom,
      I truly believe you. The F7F Tigercat is not exactly a small box. Just baffles me as to how they (HH) can get a $17.99 FedEx rate from Illinois to Alaska on a box that size when I can’t even send my granddaughter a birthday doll to Colorado for that price on Priority mail.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

Is there a similar picture in the USAF training manual for the F-35, explaining to the prospective pilot which way to move the stick to turn left/right and go up/down?
        I don't know about the F-35, it was put into service after I retired but the C-141 POH had about five pages of pictures and explanations on the correct workings of the yoke and rudder peddles.
        It's part of the K.I.S. method, I guess.
        Best regards,
        Cris B.
        AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
        NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Anyone else order from first batch but hasnt recieved shipping notice or shipping info showing in account?

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Very valid point lol - it is quite incredible that the manual for a product like this one does not assume the user already knowing.
            Might just be some CYA in action

Comment

• Frank,

Have you 3D designed anything for this yet? I just did some "bird slicers" for the front of the canopy. May tackle the antennas and pod aft of the canopy next.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Freewing Mig-29 Bird Slicers.jpg
Views:	947
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	273402
              Pat

Comment

• Got my shipping notice...Ordered mid-August. Hope to maiden it this weekend...Woo Hoo. I spent the afternoon getting another battery charger's 12-volt wiring harness ready for drawing juice from the truck battery to power-up the additional LiPos ordered with the MiG.

Note: I'll be adding the ferrite RF chokes around the ESCs...will need to figure out the placement of these chokes. After the loss of an F-4 and an A-10, I'm not taking any chances. Since I've added the ferrite RF chokes around the ESC(s) of all my HIGH CURRENT ESC birds, I have not had a single radio issue. I'm a believer. If you're curious, enter "ferrite" in the hobby squawk search window. You'll see several related posts....most of them on the 90mm F-4 Phantom II Thread.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                  , read the manual
                  Hmm,,,, maybe theres an easter egg or two in there. Maybe a Golden Ticket!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Teslamandex View Post
                    I preordered on August 11th. I’m showing a FedEx delivery for this Thursday to Alaska. Shipping fee really hurts on a parcel this size.
                    Muh dude, mine is being shipped to Australia from Motion. You don't want to know what I'm paying...
                    Still says it will be delivered by Sep 21, so I'll probably get one of the first in Aus before anybody else from another store. Call it impatience, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

I always do this before every takeoff. But I have to say, I find it a little silly that every manual on every plane dedicates a page or two to explaining what is the "intended direction." If you don't already know that, you are years away from flying a twin 80mm EDF. It might be more sensible in the manual to say "Check that all control surfaces move in the correct direction. If you don't know what is the correct direction, then PLEASE do NOT fly 6 or 7kg at 100mph. Go buy an Apprentice and learn to fly for about 2 years. Then proceed to the next step in these instructions."

I recently bought a 10kg fiberglass jet. Same thing, two pages of the manual tell you which way to move the stick. Really...? I wonder how far up the size range this practice goes. Is there a similar picture in the USAF training manual for the F-35, explaining to the prospective pilot which way to move the stick to turn left/right and go up/down?
                      You don't need years to learn to fly before going to jets. It depends how much time you want to put in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                        Thanks to everyone who supported this massive pre-order! We're pleased that the US shipments have begun arriving several days ahead of the US website's initial ETA, and the EU ETA is still accurate.

As I try to remind everyone with any purchase, whether it be an all-new product or not, please review our warranty policies, contact tech support for any questions/concerns (224-633-9090 M-F), read the manual, program a High-Mid-Low rate for maiden, double-check throw direction, *range test*, and post your feedback for the community. Have Fun!
                        If anyone has any questions/issues when they receive their MiG please ask for me: Andrew

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          Frank,

Have you 3D designed anything for this yet? I just did some "bird slicers" for the front of the canopy. May tackle the antennas and pod aft of the canopy next.
                          Pat,

Those look good, perhaps the base could me made somewhat thinner? I haven't designed anything for the Fulcrum yet. I prefer to have the model here to take the right measurements and I guess we have to wait for delivery of the first batch another four weeks or so over here.

However, I started with some parts for my FW A-4 revamp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slicer.jpg
Views:	864
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	273447

Comment

• I just wanted to pre-order the MIG-29 at Motion RC Europe, but it now says: Out of Stock. So I cannot even pre-order it. Ordering in US is not option because of 180 dollars shippping costs (I live in the Netherlands). Anyone here who can tell me when the Mig-29 will be available for (pre)order again in Europe?

Comment

• Oh no, my delivery date changed from Thursday to Friday!! Why play with my feelings like that? Who held on to my box and missed that FedEx truck? Ugh!!

Oh well, still arriving earlier than anticipated...but dang it, my anxiety meter just went up 8 notches!!

Comment

• Mine got pushed out a day too, all good since I still need some time to clear out some space

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Pat,

Those look good, perhaps the base could me made somewhat thinner? I haven't designed anything for the Fulcrum yet. I prefer to have the model here to take the right measurements and I guess we have to wait for delivery of the first batch another four weeks or so over here.

However, I started with some parts for my FW A-4 revamp.
                                  Frank,

I too normally wait to have the plane in hand before designing, which I'm doing for the ordnance decals. But I thought I'd get started on some of the minor details. The pic of the bird slicers is deceptive, the base is only 1mm thick. Should look good just glued directly to the outside of the foam. Other option is to cut out a small area of foam to sit the base into.

Here they are on my F-14. The pic makes them seem much larger than they really are. But when you look at it with the naked eye they look just fine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN5574.JPG Views:	0 Size:	77.0 KB ID:	273473
                                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                                    Oh no, my delivery date changed from Thursday to Friday!! Why play with my feelings like that? Who held on to my box and missed that FedEx truck? Ugh!!

Oh well, still arriving earlier than anticipated...but dang it, my anxiety meter just went up 8 notches!!
                                    Mine changed from Thursday to Friday also, but an hour later, changed back to Thursday

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                                      Oh no, my delivery date changed from Thursday to Friday!! Why play with my feelings like that? Who held on to my box and missed that FedEx truck? Ugh!!

Mines been pushed out twice now. First Notice Thursday Delivery, then Friday Delivery, and just now Saturday Delivery. Seems Chicago Hub is playing games with our packages

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdcrow View Post

Mines been pushed out twice now. First Notice Thursday Delivery, then Friday Delivery, and just now Saturday Delivery. Seems Chicago Hub is playing games with our packages
                                        Chicago... Chicago... they're play'in around
                                        Best regards,
                                        Cris B.
                                        AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
                                        NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdcrow View Post

Me too. Mine is now in Chicago, which is further from my house than Cary. Next time i'm just gonna pick it up. HH shipped a plane yesterday from Champaign and it is out for delivery today. They obviously have a plug at FedEx.

Comment

Working...
                                          X