Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine just got here! After detailed inspection all parts look perfect, no foam indents - thank you MRC!

Comment

• Mine showed up today. Everything looks perfect. Going to take my time with the build and setup. Kudos to everyone involved on such a superb release!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Hi wvrcdude I'd recommend that you call 224-633-9090, M-F 8am-6pm CST, to have the support team look into your order and its whereabouts.

Jdcrow Thanks for noticing! We did a similar thing on the AL37 and I think it looks so neat! Both the AL37 and MiG-29 were developed during the same time period, so they share some of those creature comforts.

Although, the MiG-29 was later in the pipeline and got the main wing's screw savers.
        Thanks Alpha . I just used the live chat since I'm at work. The rep said that Freewing shorted the shipment so they didn't have enough planes to fill the initial order. He said I wont get mine until October. He offered a refund....

Comment

• Could someone that has their's already do me a favor and measure the canopy glass at the points indicated in the pic? Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	10540_1515809592.jpg
Views:	809
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	273916
          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
            On this particular model and paint scheme, the entire panel area that contains the gun port and vents is done in bare metal, and I had intended to repaint this area accordingly. As for a 3DPUP part, I think it would be great to do a design that replaces that entire panel area so that it could be painted before installation. Then all you need to do is cut foam at the panel lines and install the printed part. I need to look into doing something like this.

Yes that is exactly what I was thinking. It would be very easy to install that way.
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
              Could someone that has their's already do me a favor and measure the canopy glass at the points indicated in the pic? Thanks in advance!
              The measurement is 166mm (there is a very small radius at the corner of the edge at the bottom, so the measurement is at the edge of the glass, at the bottom.)
              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Good enough, thanks! Starting on the antenna array behind the canopy.
                Pat

Comment

• Hey guys, someone a page or two back mentioned a potential problem with the canopy latch - they said it wasn't very secure.

Here's a closeup picture of mine. (the "L10" was apparently marked by the QC/QA people at Freewing)

There is a short metal pin that goes into the foam, and you can see the hole and there is a hard plastic "strike plate" piece right below the hole so the pin can't rip through the foam. This plastic piece is not beveled. Also, there is plastic strip (not in the picture) that is used as a "pull strap" (you can fold it under if you don't want to use it, that is where it was in this photo) and if the strap is up, that provides something additional for the pin to latch onto.

There are some magnets on the midway-part of the hatch to help hold it closed. I think I may add a few extra ones.

Name:	hatch pin.jpg
Views:	1315
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	273922

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

I'd recommend that you call 224-633-9090, M-F 8am-6pm CST, to have the support team look into your order and its whereabouts.
                    Well, I didn't get good news. I ordered on 23 Aug and at that time the expected arrival date was "mid Sep". I called today and was told the cupboard was bare...all of the first shipment have been sent out. Apparently I'm in the second shipment and looking at "mid Oct". Not a happy camper today.

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post

Well, I didn't get good news. I ordered on 23 Aug and at that time the expected arrival date was "mid Sep". I called today and was told the cupboard was bare...all of the first shipment have been sent out. Apparently I'm in the second shipment and looking at "mid Oct". Not a happy camper today.
                      Yup same thing here I ordered towards the end of August and was told that this afternoon as well. Well actually early October.

Comment

• I feel like a kid who was just told that Santa isn't coming this year!

Comment

• GUYS WAIT BEFORE YOU FLY YOUR MIGS!!!
                          I just received mine 5 HOURS AGO And elevators locked up and plane crashed
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Ok, this thing hilariously dwarfs even the other large FreeWing jets. 🤣 It's beautiful!

Name:	IMG_20200911_174432.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	273935

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyler Ramos View Post
                              GUYS WAIT BEFORE YOU FLY YOUR MIGS!!!
                              See post 814. Looking at the last pic you posted your control rod is mounted in the wrong hole. Should only be mounted in middle hole.

Comment

I'm sorry to see this, Tyler. I do remember reading that the recommended servo hole for the control is the middle hole. In the picture you show, I notice the servo hole used was the outermost hole. This may play a factor in what occurred.

Comment

That was quick.....looking at the elevator linkage it was installed wrong. Should have been in the second hole. Good luck opening a trouble ticket!!!

Mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Comment

Why didn't you put the servo horn linkage rod in the center hole like we have stressed here? Can you give us some more details on how exactly it crashed?

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_20200908_175318.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	273940

Comment

• Also to note the elevators locked/ froze on in the neutral position not at full up elevator also to mention I was flying on low rates. I posted the original post minutes after the crash and didn’t review everything leading up to the crash

Comment

• How many of you are going to statically balance the elevators? They are quite big so I’m going to, should help reduce some of the servo load.
                                        Is there any reasons not to do it?

Comment

• Also to note the elevators locked/ froze on in the neutral position not at full up elevator also to mention I was flying on low rates. I posted the original post minutes after the crash and didn’t review everything leading up to the crash
                                          It’s called out in the manual too. You should have seen this during your build process.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X