Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received e-mail from Motion on sending out free of charge new servos with an installation video for the Mig 29 elevator, I'll wait to fly mine until then

Comment

• I haven’t received the email yet but I assume anyone who got their MiG in the first shipment will get them. I got mine today.

Comment

• I wonder what the risk is if you actually read the manual and set up the pushrod correctly. Small items can take weeks to get here and it's extremely difficult finding aftermarket reverse servos.

Comment

• The bulletin is for the first pre ordered batch of Migs.

I was told the stock servos should be fine if used per instructions and under stock or close to stock conditions. For higher power set ups, adding tailerons or other higher stresses (such as high speed dives) on the stabs it would be prudent to wait for the stronger servos. The next batch of MiGs will get the new servos before being shipped to the customers.

Since I do have tailerons programed in and have been known to do some high speed dives I'll hold off an my maiden.

Comment

• Tyler Ramos
            ​​​​​​
            Thank you for your feedback, Tyler! As I mentioned to you on Instagram chat, yours is a special case, so please standby for Andrew to respond to your Support Ticket next Monday when he returns from the weekend.

I wanted to clarify that it's not that "many other people are having problems". In fact, it was based on your Support Ticket a few hours ago that prompted us ​to make the decision, moving as all can see very rapidly. We chose to, rather than use the servos we have at the factory that we were going to install into next month's 90mm jets as part of a rolling upgrade, to instead send them for free to everyone who has received a MiG-29 thus far. And for anyone who receives their MiG-29 from next week on will already have these servos installed in them (either at the Warehouse, or the Factory). This amounts to a "free upgrade" perk, that will be rolled into future aircraft as well. Not because I think it's needed, but because we can. And because giving customers even more headroom smartly recognizes that probably more people than we think will be using our aircraft in non-stock configurations or heavy use configurations. 3DTV, 8s/10s/12s, Turbine, Taileron, etc... More headroom, the better.

For those wondering, the reason why we even have a 23g 3.4kg servo that fits inside our stock 17g servo case sitting here in inventory is because Freewing just finished a year long development program to see how much torque we could generate from a servo that size. This program was begun to try and preempt the trend we noticed of people upgrading to faster speeds, heavier setups, etc. We have done similar development programs and implemented rolling updates on other aircraft/lines, such as the inrunner PNP program, single-piece-impeller program, 9g DMG program, the DayBright LED program, the higher voltage tolerant retract program, the screw-saver program, and others. Typically we don't make a big announcement of these rolling updates and incremental improvements. To us, the stock systems work just fine (as evidenced by all our testing and official videos), but we also recognize that it's good practice to add more headroom to a servo as long as it doesn't negatively impact other factors, or make an EDF impeller one-piece so it's easier to dynamically balance, or thicken the turnbuckles so they are more resistant to heavy usage with 12s or turbines.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha, I didn't buy the Mig and I don't plan too but I have to ask a question, why is it so important that the servo linkages be placed in the exact location on the servo horns as per the instr. manual??, I move all my servo linkages in or out as to my liking and go by a certain feel that I like to fly my jets, so whats the deal with the Mig?? Just curious about that, I don't use expo or dual rates so this step is important to me, does that apply to any of the other big jets??

Comment

• having the Mig-29 twin 80mm and HSD F-16 105mm sitting next to each other all day i have to say.......... Great Job Alpha and Team.

Now if you could create a Main Control Box like the HSD uses, That provides service and setup without the transmitter, wow nellie.

Comment

• Well, poo... I'll have to load the eBandit evo so I'll have a jet to fly tomorrow.
                  I'm glad the word got out in time to save some MiGs. I'm sure the MiG-29 would make it through my very low key maiden with the servos it shipped with but I'm going to wait for the upgraded servos to arrive before I fly it. The main reason is that my normal second flight is where a model shows me it's faults. If a model makes it through my second flight then it gets to fly scale.

Alpha , MRC and Freewing, thank you for the quick action and stepping up to the plate. This kind of customer service is one of the many reasons I continue to keep coming back!
                  Best regards,
                  Cris B.
                  AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
                  NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• This is a grab I took from the now infamous video on youtube. Note that there is some handling of the elevator before this is taken, so it does not represent the servo position at the point of impact.

But there is certainly an issue with the setup ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	old mate'.jpg
Views:	971
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	274013

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                      This is a grab I took from the now infamous video on youtube. Note that there is some handling of the elevator before this is taken, so it does not represent the servo position at the point of impact.

But there is certainly an issue with the setup ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	old mate'.jpg
Views:	971
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	274013
                      YouTube link?

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post

YouTube link?
                        Was doing the rounds last week:

另外一架全新MiG-29由雙電導風筒大升級改裝台灣KingTech K45 渦輪噴射引擎首航試飛成功,推力強勁,一飛沖天,可以收看以下精彩視頻:-Another brand-new Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum Digital Camo Twin 80mm EDF Jet upgrade Kin...

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                          Oh, that one. Didn’t see the end with the wrong set up!

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                            I found a useful picture of the fullsize Mi9-29 that this plane is modeled after. I was confused where to put a couple of decals, there is a Crest and an "0921" that is on the forward lower part of the tail fin and this picture shows where they are located.

Click image for larger version Name:	20431305906_015a957b44_h.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	274000
                            Thanks so much for this! I was wondering where those seemingly spare decals were supposed to go. Somehow I lost the digital cam overlay that goes in front of the tiger tail flash on the right vertical stab :(

Comment

• andrew_flyguy Airliners.net is a good resource for photos of the full size birds. There are several of 0921 in different stages of her use, wearing different variations of paint and markings. Check it out!
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Oh so the supplementary decals are because the tiger covers up the tail markings if you run it?

Comment

• Odd that the linkage can only be put in the one recommended hole in the servo horn, never heard of that in a model before. I am thankful though that Motion and Freewing has got on top of this quickly and are also sending replacement servos.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                    Alpha, I didn't buy the Mig and I don't plan too but I have to ask a question, why is it so important that the servo linkages be placed in the exact location on the servo horns as per the instr. manual??, I move all my servo linkages in or out as to my liking and go by a certain feel that I like to fly my jets, so whats the deal with the Mig?? Just curious about that, I don't use expo or dual rates so this step is important to me, does that apply to any of the other jets??
                                    As long as you change the geometry in favor of the servo, and maintain enough total throw - that should be fine (in fact better than fine)

But the problem I assume they want to avoid is users that change geometry in a way that either makes the servo too weak, or throws too small.
                                    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Alpha,
                                      For us waiting in Europe are the servo’s going to be fitted or just in the box? Also if changed in warehouse can a note be put in to say that until 3rd batch arrive already fitted? May save some confusion.
                                      Ian.

Comment

• Whew, good thing i waited to maiden until after i got that clear coat on or i might have had an servo issue getting it out yesterday afternoon. On another note, my mirage 80mm lost power and took a dive into the soft dirt ending up in a pile of foam yesterday afternoon. Couldnt tell what happened other than it acted like it went into lost signal mod. I really cant wait for that gripen now😅

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.4 KB ID:	274034

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyler Ramos View Post
                                          https://youtu.be/U27tP40nabg This is exactly what happened to mine and exactly how mine went down... seems like lots of people are having the same issue
                                          Thats similar to how my mirage crashed except i recall motor cutting out too

Comment

Working...
                                          X