X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
    Some clips from today's shakedown flights.
    Nice vid, congrats!

Comment

Some clips from today's shakedown flights. Nary a click'o trim to be seen. Vertical performance is staggering when you consider the forces of gravity that mother earth must be imparting on this thing.

Whether you wait for Alpha and the team to look after you, or you go down your own path (hitec has a 24g option that is reversible with the programmer) you are in for a real treat with this bird.

FANTASTIC! This thing flies amazing. Although I'm sad I have to wait for the servo upgrade, I'll be in Glacier for a week anyway so the time will pass by a bit quicker. Enjoy that piece of art!

Comment

• What are the dimensions of the old or new ele servos? See if I can source something locally or check my stock

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnVH View Post
          What are the dimensions of the old or new ele servos? See if I can source something locally or check my stock
          The stock and replacement servos have the same dimensions. The replacements just have more torque.
          Dimensions (L x W x H) 28.5 x 13.5 x 30mm
          Pat

Comment

• Did some work on the antenna array aft of the canopy. It's not 100% perfect, but I think it will look good enough if you want to add this detail. I need to print one out to make sure it works.

I don't have the plane in hand yet (gets delivered later today), but I think I got the measurements right. Once everything is verified good I'll put the files up on thingiverse.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mig-29AS Antenna Array.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	274502
            Pat

Comment

• I got mine out for two flights yesterday. it looked great sitting next my other big jets and even better in the air. I installed the rc geek centerburners and they looked really nice in the air. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200913_142411.jpg
Views:	890
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	274505

Comment

• First antenna array off the Prusa. Came out pretty nice. Added a little color to show off the details.

I'll be finishing up decals for the missiles as soon as mine arrives and should have them ready for purchase later this week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5577.JPG
Views:	822
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	274514

Name:	DSCN5579.JPG
Views:	776
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	274515

Name:	DSCN5578.JPG
Views:	794
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	274516
                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                  First antenna array off the Prusa. Came out pretty nice. Added a little color to show off the details.

I'll be finishing up decals for the missiles as soon as mine arrives and should have them ready for purchase later this week.
                  You can pencil me in for a set of missile decals for the MiG and Freewing A10. And if you going to sale the antenna array I’ll take one too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lcacing View Post

You can pencil me in for a set of missile decals for the MiG and Freewing A10. And if you going to sale the antenna array I’ll take one too.
                    Will do. If you have no ability to print the antenna, or have a friend that can, I'll get with you on pricing for everything.
                    Pat

Comment

• Has there been anything posted re when we might expect to get the new servos?

Comment

• New servos are being air freighted to the MRC warehouse this week and will be shipped out from there. You should get a normal shipping notice when they ship out.
                        Pat

Comment

• I was told they are DHL'ing them to Chi town and should have them tuesday or wednesday and we should get them before or on the weekend. Seems plausible...

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          New servos are being air freighted to the MRC warehouse this week and will be shipped out from there. You should get a normal shipping notice when they ship out.

Comment

• In an effort to help clear up any confusion about where to set the neutral position of the flying stabs (elevators).

Name:	Horizontal stab alignment.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	274530
                            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by duke View Post
                              Has there been anything posted re when we might expect to get the new servos?
                              Evan D is right, the factory already shipped the first batch by Air Express about 12 hours ago on Sunday night EST (Monday afternoon China time). #Responsiveness!

Click image for larger version  Name:	mmexport1600104602821.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.5 KB ID:	274536Click image for larger version  Name:	mmexport1600103098731.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.0 KB ID:	274535

Originally posted by JohnVH View Post
                              What are the dimensions of the old or new ele servos? See if I can source something locally or check my stock
                              Crxmanpat is right, the dimensions of the 23g High Torque servo are the same as our current 17g servo used in dozens of positions on many of our airplanes. We developed the High Torque servo over the past year not for the MiG-29 specifically, but as an Upgrade path beyond the PNP setup for 80mm/90mm jet and 1.6m warbird series since we've noticed people flying progressively faster systems, heavier batteries, turbines, etc. The High Torque servo is intended as a physical drop-in replacement for the existing 17g servo, even though it now weighs 23g.

When we put the servo in the Upgrades tab on the product pages for larger aircraft in the near future, we'll note in the description how best to use these, where, and where not. The thousands of hours of flights across thousands of aircraft using the stock 17g servo over the years is a huge dataset that shows an Upgrade isn't needed (putting the 23g in the Corsair's rudder for example would be silly), but now at least people have an Upgrade path for added peace of mind if they plan to overpower our larger birds.

Originally posted by mbrodbeck View Post
                              I got mine out for two flights yesterday. it looked great sitting next my other big jets and even better in the air. I installed the rc geek centerburners and they looked really nice in the air. Click image for larger version  Name:	20200913_142411.jpg Views:	0 Size:	330.6 KB ID:	274505
                              mbrodbeck Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Thanks for sharing your maiden experience. Nice looking fleet you have there!

crxmanpat Let me know if you need any specific measurements or references for other greeblies you want to design.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thank you Alpha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Evan D is right, the factory already shipped the first batch by Air Express about 12 hours ago on Sunday night EST (Monday afternoon China time). #Responsiveness!

Click image for larger version Name:	mmexport1600104602821.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.5 KB ID:	274536Click image for larger version Name:	mmexport1600103098731.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.0 KB ID:	274535

Crxmanpat is right, the dimensions of the 23g High Torque servo are the same as our current 17g servo used in dozens of positions on many of our airplanes. We developed the High Torque servo over the past year not for the MiG-29 specifically, but as an Upgrade path beyond the PNP setup for 80mm/90mm jet and 1.6m warbird series since we've noticed people flying progressively faster systems, heavier batteries, turbines, etc. The High Torque servo is intended as a physical drop-in replacement for the existing 17g servo, even though it now weighs 23g.

When we put the servo in the Upgrades tab on the product pages for larger aircraft in the near future, we'll note in the description how best to use these, where, and where not. The thousands of hours of flights across thousands of aircraft using the stock 17g servo over the years is a huge dataset that shows an Upgrade isn't needed (putting the 23g in the Corsair's rudder for example would be silly), but now at least people have an Upgrade path for added peace of mind if they plan to overpower our larger birds.

mbrodbeck Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Thanks for sharing your maiden experience. Nice looking fleet you have there!

crxmanpat Let me know if you need any specific measurements or references for other greeblies you want to design.
                                  Hello Alpha!

Only one question :) Its possible to get a 3D model of Mig-29? I know, insane question :D, but for me it can help me a lot. I am professional 3D modeler for computer games a years, and i ordered this Mig 29 and want to print many details. Actually i am waiting for model(i am in EU, Slovakia). With 3D model of this plane i can very precise design details i want to add. Thank you for your answer :)

Comment

• Hello, Alpha, James!

Its possible to get color codes for Mig 29 camouflage with base grey color also? Thank you

Comment

• I wanted to stress to everyone to make sure to use the hump for the forward battery position and not the most forward bay by the nose. Using the forward battery bay will cause the plane to be extremely nose heavy. This will add to the strain put on the elevator servos to keep the nose up. So, front battery should be on the hump and rear battery in the rear bay. Take a good look at the bottom of page 5 in the manual, as it is shown there. I believe some folks were confused by this on earlier flights resulting in crashes. Check your CG. Also make sure to follow the addendum for correct linkage placement. Incorrect linkages can cause a crash.

Motion RC has done a great job with this jet. IMHO the early-on crashes are caused by pilot error and not reading and adhering to the manual.
                                      Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Man shipping those servos around the globe post haste cant be cheap. Talk about putting your money where your mouth is, that is next level support.

Comment

Some clips from today's shakedown flights. Nary a click'o trim to be seen. Vertical performance is staggering when you consider the forces of gravity that mother earth must be imparting on this thing.

Whether you wait for Alpha and the team to look after you, or you go down your own path (hitec has a 24g option that is reversible with the programmer) you are in for a real treat with this bird.

Super video (and flying) and what a great field!
                                          Tom

Comment

Working...
                                          X