Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in the Alpha Makes a Twitch sessions, it was mentioned to share designs on Thingiverse. Is there a Motion RC or Freewing group to follow there? or can some of you designers post your name to follow there?

Comment

• Today I tried to balance the MiG, I remember seeing Pilot Ryan’s flight so I decided to install the RT 5500 at the same spot as his, he did mentioned that it was a bit nose heavy.
      Nose heavy was an understatement.

Took a screen shoot of his battery placement and a picture of where mine ended up at. Mine does have the missiles and a bit of extra weight in the tail due to balancing the stabs.

The last picture shows just how much of a difference in battery placement of the forward battery. Still waiting for the new servos before maiden.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdcrow View Post
        in the Alpha Makes a Twitch sessions, it was mentioned to share designs on Thingiverse. Is there a Motion RC or Freewing group to follow there? or can some of you designers post your name to follow there?
        Great idea, Jdcrow. I am hoping we can develop a 3DPUP Group here, as well, strictly for Freewing, Flightline, and all other MotionRC Products. A forum where we can post STL Files of proven designs without all the banter, just for quicker access. Best< LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Searching freewing on thingiverse is a fairly reliable way to get in touch with most of the 3dp guys. But for sure you could create and curate a collection of designs that are relevant to Motion products.
          ​​

Comment

• A few scale details I've added so far. The antenna array looks good. I just need to repaint the gray as what I used was too light. Added radiation symbols behind the nose cone, and flare canister openings on the top of the dispensers. I will include both of these in my decal sets for the missiles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5580.JPG
Views:	1005
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	274593

Name:	DSCN5582.JPG
Views:	992
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	274594

Name:	DSCN5581.JPG
Views:	979
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	274595

Name:	DSCN5583.JPG
Views:	953
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	274596
            Pat

Comment

• crxmanpat, Great work, Sir. Don't ya just love it?! Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                A few scale details I've added so far. The antenna array looks good. I just need to repaint the gray as what I used was too light. Added radiation symbols behind the nose cone, and flare canister openings on the top of the dispensers. I will include both of these in my decal sets for the missiles.
                Put me down for a full decal set please! I love the radiation symbol and flare dispenser decals, those are nice touches! When you're ready just send me the order details.

Next step... I need to get down to Home Depot and get color-matched paint! My local store has been sold out of many of those little Behr paint jars, I think I am at least partially responsible...
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                  Searching freewing on thingiverse is a fairly reliable way to get in touch with most of the 3dp guys. But for sure you could create and curate a collection of designs that are relevant to Motion products.
                  ​​
                  unfortunately i havent been a member on Thingiverse long enough to have credentials to start a Group.

Comment

• I have 3 3D Printers and would love to see a freewing/MotionRC group

Got my MIG today waiting for servo's.

Comment

• Mig-29 turbine startup, taxi, and shutdown.
                      The Shockwave 3 system sounds INCREIDBLE in the new Mig-29 from Freewing! Over 116 aircraft sounds to select from and growing. Jets and props, modern to classic, this sound system has it all. I originally bought this set for my Draken kit, but swapped the sound on the card and will run it in my Mig-29 until my second Shockwave gets here. Loud and accurate startup, shutdown, afterburner, as well as gun and rocket sound options. This beautiful jet is so much more realistic with the sounds.

Comment

• Joined the party today. Can’t wait to see what improvements you guys come up with while waiting on mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                          Mig-29 turbine startup, taxi, and shutdown.
                          The Shockwave 3 system sounds INCREIDBLE in the new Mig-29 from Freewing! Over 116 aircraft sounds to select from and growing. Jets and props, modern to classic, this sound system has it all. I originally bought this set for my Draken kit, but swapped the sound on the card and will run it in my Mig-29 until my second Shockwave gets here. Loud and accurate startup, shutdown, afterburner, as well as gun and rocket sound options. This beautiful jet is so much more realistic with the sounds.
                          I had thought about that as well... I've really only ever heard it HSD F16 (as far as EDF jets)... and it sounded really good in that...

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	FF7845BA-FE39-479D-B140-170C55B145CB.jpeg
Views:	848
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	274729Click image for larger version  Name:	B8EFAE35-9C61-48DF-B17A-39F45A14A490.jpeg Views:	56 Size:	92.4 KB ID:	274638Click image for larger version  Name:	3F3A6988-F61B-4F56-A77E-78A6C7898E20.jpeg Views:	53 Size:	80.0 KB ID:	274637Click image for larger version  Name:	4BB27189-8AAD-474B-9C80-688D045D46CC.jpeg Views:	58 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	274636 As beautiful as the finish is, the glossy glare from the clear on the water slide digital decals was really bugging me.
                            So i decided to try clear coating with satin polycrylic.

At first the polycrylic made the clear digital decal line edge look even worse while it was wet. But as it dried it blended the paint and shiney edge really nicely.

One wing and one stab with wet clear coat.

THEN the left stabilator NOT clear coated, and the right stabilator clear coated. For those who want to blend out the clear glare.

Comment

• So I got curious as to why mine hasn’t even been shipped out yet, turns out that Motion RC has not received enough in the shipment to complete all orders from the first preorder. I’m not gonna lie. I’m pretty pissed. But. If I have to wait... I’ll wait........

Comment

• Covid guna hurt us all. However. No matter were. U live on Earth just saying it's about survival

Comment

• Originally posted by Vulcan_FPV View Post
                                  So I got curious as to why mine hasn’t even been shipped out yet, turns out that Motion RC has not received enough in the shipment to complete all orders from the first preorder. I’m not gonna lie. I’m pretty pissed. But. If I have to wait... I’ll wait........
                                  Vulcan- I feel your pain. I once had a sailplane shipping from Germany that I waited a year for....and the ship sank. Waited several more months to finally get it.

The bird was soooo fun to fly, I quickly forgot all the lost time waiting. This MiG is worth waiting for. You’ll be glad you did.

-GG

Comment

ID:	274729Click image for larger version Name:	B8EFAE35-9C61-48DF-B17A-39F45A14A490.jpeg Views:	56 Size:	92.4 KB ID:	274638Click image for larger version Name:	3F3A6988-F61B-4F56-A77E-78A6C7898E20.jpeg Views:	53 Size:	80.0 KB ID:	274637Click image for larger version Name:	4BB27189-8AAD-474B-9C80-688D045D46CC.jpeg Views:	58 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	274636 As beautiful as the finish is, the glossy glare from the clear on the water slide digital decals was really bugging me.

At first the polycrylic made the clear digital decal line edge look even worse while it was wet. But as it dried it blended the paint and shiney edge really nicely.

THEN the left stabilator NOT clear coated, and the right stabilator clear coated. For those who want to blend out the clear glare.

I used the same product on my HSD F-16 to blend the decals.......it works great.

Comment

ID:	274729Click image for larger version Name:	B8EFAE35-9C61-48DF-B17A-39F45A14A490.jpeg Views:	56 Size:	92.4 KB ID:	274638Click image for larger version Name:	3F3A6988-F61B-4F56-A77E-78A6C7898E20.jpeg Views:	53 Size:	80.0 KB ID:	274637Click image for larger version Name:	4BB27189-8AAD-474B-9C80-688D045D46CC.jpeg Views:	58 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	274636 As beautiful as the finish is, the glossy glare from the clear on the water slide digital decals was really bugging me.

I did the same thing but to protect the decals...especially the tail art.

I used water based Varathane ultimate SPAR URETHANE crystal clear satin as was suggested by Hobby Squawk members. Brushed it on in about 30 min, and it looks great. Painted the whole top of the plane.

-GG

Comment

• After watching mshagg’s nice video, I decided to brace the large fins on the big missiles to prevent the significant flexing shown in the video. These fins will eventually suffer, if you fly a lot (flex fatigue).

I used a wire puller from another MRC kit and cut a section and bent it to shape to fit the outer perimeter of each fin...made 8 of these, Then glued them to the UNDERSIDE of each large fin where you can’t see the wire and painted each.

The fins are solidly stiff now and won’t suffer “metal fatigue” fracturing/cracking. Took less than an hour.
                                        -GG

Comment

• This is the varnish I coat my planes with, including the Mig. That son of a gun soaked up the better part of half a tin with three coats. Applied with a foam brush, two hours between coats.

Although it's an indoor product, I havent had any problems with it fading/discolouring and the hole in the ozone layer is pretty much dead above us with extreme UV ratings from October through April.

Comment

Working...
                                          X