Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be using Testors Dullcote on mine.
    Pat

Comment

• For anyone looking for a paint match, I got the fuselage done at Home Depot today and picked up Tamiya X10 Gunmetal which is basically an exact match for the exhaust nozzles.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
        Mig-29 turbine startup, taxi, and shutdown.
        The Shockwave 3 system sounds INCREIDBLE in the new Mig-29 from Freewing! Over 116 aircraft sounds to select from and growing. Jets and props, modern to classic, this sound system has it all. I originally bought this set for my Draken kit, but swapped the sound on the card and will run it in my Mig-29 until my second Shockwave gets here. Loud and accurate startup, shutdown, afterburner, as well as gun and rocket sound options. This beautiful jet is so much more realistic with the sounds.

Nice! 1 or 2 speaker setup? Location of speakers?

Comment

• Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post
          For anyone looking for a paint match, I got the fuselage done at Home Depot today and picked up Tamiya X10 Gunmetal which is basically an exact match for the exhaust nozzles.
          Nice! I was planning on doing that today myself. Now all I need to do is show them your pic!
          Pat

Comment

For anyone looking for a paint match, I got the fuselage done at Home Depot today and picked up Tamiya X10 Gunmetal which is basically an exact match for the exhaust nozzles.
            How are you going to fit that MiG into your Mini Cooper? 🤣

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper911 View Post

Nice! 1 or 2 speaker setup? Location of speakers?
              Dual exciters. Under the upper deck on both sides of the aft battery. 👍🏼 The circuit board is velcroed to the left side wall next to the aft battery. Lots of room and air circulation. 👍🏼

Comment

• Originally posted by Checkmate View Post

How are you going to fit that MiG into your Mini Cooper? 🤣
                🤣 It’s a countryman so it’s a little bigger but promise I’ll send pics. I somehow managed my 90mm F-22, Spitfire 1600, twin 64mm A-10, and 70mm f-16, plus a couple of UMX planes last time I was out to the field. They were laughing at the fact I kept pulling planes out of the “clown car”

Comment

• Attn. future Fulcrum flyers! A few years ago I worked at Paine Field in Everett, Wa. There, the late Paul Allen has his aircraft collection. One of them is a MIG-29 that I was fortunate enough to watch fly. The down side is that it is a two seat trainer. None the less most of the details are the same. I am placing a link here that has some action videos to include a very well recorded start up sequence. So you guys that need an accurate sound bite for your'e on board system here you go....https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...um-jet-fighter

Comment

• I used a WBPU product coating back in the day on one of my older Su-35s but it quickly yellowed with age and sun exposure.
                    Most of these mentioned WBPU brands are not readily available in Europe so if anyone knows of a comparable WBPU being sold in the EU that is UV-resistant and doesn't quickly yellow out... I'm all ears!

Comment

🤣 It’s a countryman so it’s a little bigger but promise I’ll send pics. I somehow managed my 90mm F-22, Spitfire 1600, twin 64mm A-10, and 70mm f-16, plus a couple of UMX planes last time I was out to the field. They were laughing at the fact I kept pulling planes out of the “clown car”
                      Hey RD, Welcome to "The Squawk". I, too, have a Cooper, though it's "S-Hatchback". I can get one in with front seat bent forward but that's about it. Love it so. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	94579E77-5770-4AB4-B5E9-08D3F71578E1.jpeg
Views:	899
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	274860Click image for larger version

Name:	86DCC442-4B7C-4287-81F6-EC1F204B530F.jpeg
Views:	871
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	274859Click image for larger version

Name:	0D5DBB3E-20BA-43C5-BA24-8318E02D17E4.jpeg
Views:	916
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	274858Click image for larger version

Name:	B8CD11BF-2911-4E53-9D0F-363109BFBDC6.jpeg
Views:	905
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	274857Click image for larger version

Name:	48D3942E-2F1D-431E-869C-B81E2650B146.jpeg
Views:	908
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	274856Click image for larger version

Name:	CC4360E1-DF33-43FF-A395-3807EFF8501C.jpeg
Views:	910
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	274855Click image for larger version

Name:	17C52C5C-839A-48DF-B71A-A80790605E21.jpeg
Views:	896
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	274854Click image for larger version

Name:	248DCBD6-2475-4D87-B736-1BBB92F29182.jpeg
Views:	894
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	274853Click image for larger version

Name:	2E43AC31-3BD5-4F3D-8B69-745E38DD0983.jpeg
Views:	906
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	274852Click image for larger version

Name:	1489A43B-AA28-48E4-8A06-2C9D768D4C39.jpeg
Views:	885
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	274851Click image for larger version

Name:	CB4E6611-A988-4E88-8EC8-102C0249EDD8.jpeg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	274850Click image for larger version

Name:	835CEE7A-F36B-4703-BA80-64302383CBCC.jpeg
Views:	891
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	274849Click image for larger version

Name:	7A5AB955-FE94-462C-BE87-4C7421B2E83E.jpeg
Views:	907
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	274848 Maiden done tonight on mine and Jeremys jet.
                        Then immediately went live on FB MRC CC and did a formation flight. Awesome pics of my maiden and some formation.
                        Flew BOTH jets on the stock 17g servos, flys fantastic on them. My jet is rocking the RCGeek centerburners and the ModelSoundsInc Shockwave 3 sound system.
                        Will upload the formation flight to YouTube tomorrow.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	D210D6AD-84B0-4C2E-B74D-F7B92D71DBCB.jpeg
Views:	921
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	274847

Comment

• For those who have conducted their maiden flight, what has been your flap setting on take off?

Comment

• Originally posted by Teslamandex View Post
                            For those who have conducted their maiden flight, what has been your flap setting on take off?
                            Not using them for takeoff. Never do on a maiden until I have it a few mistakes up to observe any pitch response (I didnt observe any btw).

Even for subsequent flights I have not been using flaps for takeoff, it gets off of grass so easily I figure there's no need. That's rare for grass operations, even the AL37 - which i class as the second best grass ops EDF after this Mig - has improved takeoff performance with flaps deployed.

I have the full and half flap settings called out in the manual. Always do. They slow the plane up great and will be a good starting point for you IMO (although I still say dont maiden with flaps lol).

Comment

• Originally posted by Teslamandex View Post
                              For those who have conducted their maiden flight, what has been your flap setting on take off?
                              Takes off well without them from paved surfaces. 1/2 Flap takeoff roll was around 100ft, no flaps was around 180ft, and that was here at 6,000ft density altitude last night.

No elevator/flap mix is required, but I flew mine with +4% elevator at half flaps, and +10% at full and liked it there.

I fly slower than most people will on final though.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	CB4E6611-A988-4E88-8EC8-102C0249EDD8.jpeg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	274850 Maiden done tonight on mine and Jeremys jet.
                                Then immediately went live on FB MRC CC and did a formation flight. Awesome pics of my maiden and some formation.
                                Flew BOTH jets on the stock 17g servos, flys fantastic on them. My jet is rocking the RCGeek centerburners and the ModelSoundsInc Shockwave 3 sound system.
                                Will upload the formation flight to YouTube tomorrow.
                                Awesome picture(s)!!

Comment

• Book settings, half flaps taking off and all my landings so far with half flaps. I did a very very small up elevator mix. I also have tailerons, full span flaps, crow and rudder air brakes on mine.

Originally posted by Teslamandex View Post

Comment

• When is that second boat getting in lol...

Comment

• Hitec alternate servo elevator replacement and programming.
                                      In case your impatient like me.

Comment

• Good video. I like that you attached the pushrod from the top of the servo horn. In case the clip comes off it won't immediately fall out. The book setting is not +/- 1mm, it says 1mm of up from the bottom edge. At the factory balance mine was more like 3-4mm. I'm flying on the stock 17g servo on the inner hole and ATVs at 120.

Originally posted by Bmccormick View Post
                                        Hitec alternate servo elevator replacement and programming.

https://youtu.be/FGdJyf8qK5U

Comment

• Originally posted by Bmccormick View Post
                                          Hitec alternate servo elevator replacement and programming.

https://youtu.be/FGdJyf8qK5U
                                          Great video! The D-85MG's are great servos and exactly what I'm installing in mine, decided that before the issues popped up. The only change I'm making is using the Dubro super strength servo arms #675.

Comment

Working...
                                          X