Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third flight, pushed it a bit more. Tailerons and CG one finger width back from stock. Servos in elevators are Hitec 5085.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      For those wanting missile decals and 3D printed parts, I'm putting the finishing touches on everything this weekend
      I have your decals on my A-10, looking forward to using them here also. Thanks, it is good to see people making add-ons!

Comment

• I think no one has posted this yet, so there I go... TV nozzles for the MiG-29 popped up today at MotionRC live show!

Like how the horns on these look much more sturdy than the original Su-35 nozzles.
        That should offer a very precise control!

#hype

Attached Files

Comment

• My CG is on the mark. Also requires just a touch of down when inverted. Perfect for me.

I noticed the nose wheel not retracting, so I cycled the gear and it retracted. Then on the next flight, it didn’t retract again. Suspecting the gear was hanging on the doors, on the next flight and subsequent flights, I slowed down before pulling up the gear. That solved the problem.

I’ll put her on a stand tomorrow and observe the retracting action and poke and prod. Any comments?

It might be as simple as adding stiffer door springs.

Thanks,
          -GG

Comment

• Looks good

Comment

For those wanting missile decals and 3D printed parts, I'm putting the finishing touches on everything this weekend. Unfortunately, I'm out of town all next week to attend an event in St. George, UT. When I get back, I'll post up details on pricing and ordering.

Here's a sneak peak at the decal set:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mig-29 Missile Decals.jpg
Views:	1001
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	275324
              Sweet! Those decals are 💯 . I’ll definitely be placing an order when you’re ready.

Comment

For those wanting missile decals and 3D printed parts, I'm putting the finishing touches on everything this weekend. Unfortunately, I'm out of town all next week to attend an event in St. George, UT. When I get back, I'll post up details on pricing and ordering.

Here's a sneak peak at the decal set:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mig-29 Missile Decals.jpg
Views:	1001
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	275324
                Sign me up! :)

Comment

• Anybody working on a good 3D print of the gun port?
                  ] Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9438.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	275373Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9437.jpg
Views:	951
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	275372

Comment

• Violated my own rule of not repainting until after maiden but since I am awaiting the replacement servos, I figured, “What the heck.”

This is the standard camouflage scheme of the Frontal Aviation units when the plane was introduced. Paint colors are Home Depot latex paint samples 36373 and 34226. Decals are homemade.

Can’t wait to fly it! Click image for larger version

Name:	CB48BD47-27D2-4B49-840D-0728DD35F11E.jpeg
Views:	958
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	275375Click image for larger version

Name:	E5D4949E-3837-404A-9460-FF06A536AE02.jpeg
Views:	936
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	275376

Comment

• Just finished prepping, priming and painting my test R-27. As soon as the paint dries I'll be adding the decals to make sure everything is good.

While I'm waiting on the paint, let me give a little advice on what to do with your missile set in preparation for the decals. Both missile types have mold lines on the sides, and the ever infamous "mold flowers" on the body. I trimmed and sanded all of these down prior to painting.

The R-73's have the name molded in the top, and on the bottom there's a channel where a carbon stiffening rod was glued in. On the R-27's there's the name and 3 open slots as the carbon rod was molded into the missile body. I took some spackle and filled all of this in, then sanded smooth when dry.

Next I primed the missile with Krylon Craft Foam Primer. This is fairly new stuff and it works fantastic. I used it on my recent F-14 repaint, and it sealed the old paint really well and provided a nice base for the final colors. I was also able to mask the primer and not have any of the old paint I covered peel away from the plane. After primer I painted it flat white.

I'll provide a set of instructions on how to apply and seal water slide decals. These will be printed on laser paper, so there's no need to seal them before dipping in water during application. But I always finish off by using some matte clear coat. My favorite is Testors Dullcote, but it's not cheap at $6-$7 per can. Minwax Matte Clear and Varathane both work well too.
                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
                        Anybody working on a good 3D print of the gun port?

I'm going to give it a shot. Hopefully it's not beyond my somewhat limited Fusion 360 skills.
                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                          Violated my own rule of not repainting until after maiden but since I am awaiting the replacement servos, I figured, “What the heck.”

This is the standard camouflage scheme of the Frontal Aviation units when the plane was introduced. Paint colors are Home Depot latex paint samples 36373 and 34226. Decals are homemade.

Can’t wait to fly it!
                          That came out nice!
                          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                            Violated my own rule of not repainting until after maiden but since I am awaiting the replacement servos, I figured, “What the heck.”

Can’t wait to fly it!
                            Looks great!! I think I'm going to end up doing the same thing ... I'm torn... I'm really wanting to do a variant of the fictitious yellow 13 SU37 scheme from the ACE combat games, but I was also looking at the frontal aviation unit schemes today as well... I think I saved blue 10-it was at the Farnborough 1988 airshow (looks like its about 95% the same as your scheme) lol...

Comment

Looks great!! I think I'm going to end up doing the same thing ... I'm torn... I'm really wanting to do a variant of the fictitious yellow 13 SU37 scheme from the ACE combat games, but I was also looking at the frontal aviation unit schemes today as well... I think I saved blue 10-it was at the Farnborough 1988 airshow (looks like its about 95% the same as your scheme) lol...
                              Well, actually, that’s what I based mine off of, but since I was making the decals from scratch, I took the easy way out. It was easier for me to make a “1” and duplicate it as opposed to making a “1” and a “0.” I’m sure somewhere in Russia there was a MiG-29 with a Bort number of 11. ;)

Comment

Anybody working on a good 3D print of the gun port?

Oof, thats a tough one given the curves and angles involved. It's there molded in the foam so you might get just as good results adding some paint detail.

Comment

• When I get back from the show next week, I'm going to cut out that entire section in metal on the pics and take some measurements. Should be able to drawn one up without too much difficulty using the Loft function in Fusion like Alpha had showed us on one of the first Twitch sessions. The bun port itself will be easy, but the vents will be another matter.
                                  Pat

Comment

• Yes i think carving the section out is the only realistic way you're going to get a read on the shape. I note you have your certification in foam abuse.

Only other approach i thought of was tracing the section out in paper, recreating that as a flat shape in fusion and then trying to bend it into shape with a sweep command.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                      I think no one has posted this yet, so there I go... TV nozzles for the MiG-29 popped up today at MotionRC live show!

Like how the horns on these look much more sturdy than the original Su-35 nozzles.
                                      That should offer a very precise control!

#hype

I don't know if I will be getting the Mig-29 the TV upgrade unless I do the paintjob of the Mig-35. I have always been a scale model fanatic; so i would like to make everything realistic as possible. As for everything else, I will probably be doing the splinter camouflage on this jet. either that or a typical 2 color base camo. I hope to create some of the scale details for my model soon, the gun, the antennas, sensors, some other accessories.

Comment

• [QUOTE=crxmanpat;n275323]For those wanting missile decals and 3D printed parts, I'm putting the finishing touches on everything this weekend.

SERIOUS BUYER!!!
                                        email me for some Custom orders, I'd like to see if I can get some realistic Jet nozzles and some other scale parts; the main gun perhaps, sensor tubes on the vertical stabilizer... some other stuff
                                        zackjgarcia@gmail.com
                                        Ill send you some files of ideas of what id like

Comment

For those wanting missile decals and 3D printed parts, I'm putting the finishing touches on everything this weekend. Unfortunately, I'm out of town all next week to attend an event in St. George, UT. When I get back, I'll post up details on pricing and ordering.Here's a sneak peak at the decal set:
                                          Beautiful work, Pat. Thank you. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X