X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TS8103 View Post
    I want to partially bypass the blue box for the ailerons. Does anyone have a schematic or diagram on the balance leads. I would like to find out which wire in the balance lead is the signal wire for the ailerons. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks,
    Tone
    Nevermind. I just realized you are talking about the balance leads.

Comment

• 1. Anybody else using the Admiral 5000mah that MotionRC sells? They did flight videos with 4000 and 6000 "pro" versions (the yellow packaged Admiral batteries), and the 5100 graphene, but not the standard 5000mah (black package), as far as I have seen. C-ratings are imprecise because there is no industry standardized test condition, but since all of these are Admiral, the straightforward capacity x C rating should at least be somewhat proportional to current capability. Just for reference, they are:
      5100 graphene x 70C = 357 Amps
      6000 “pro” x 50C = 300 Amps
      5000 standard x 50C = 250 Amps
      4000 “Pro” x 60C = 240 Amps

So I would say, if the 4000 Pro works, the 5000 standard should also work OK. Anybody actually using those? I use them in the Freewing A-10, and they work fine, but come back hot – much hotter than in the Avanti for example.

2. It is not easy to balance with the 5000x50C. They are pretty long, so for the rear one you have approximately zero wiggle room – it fits where it fits. For the front one, I found that if you place it on the top, and hang it over the front edge of the battery tray, just to the point where it bumps up against the back of the pilot’s seat, then the plane is only about <1cm tail heavy (vs. the marked CG), which seems like what most people are recommending anyway. At least that’s how mine works out, ymmv. I have the new elevator servos in, for example, which are a slight bit heavier, and I also modified the cockpit a slight bit.

3. I guess if you want to pop back and forth between the 6000’s and the 4000’s, you need to attach the receiver by velcro or something, because it goes in a different place depending on 4000’s vs 6000’s. I will probably do that, but it make me a bit nervous because I use a gyro, and if that Rx ever comes loose in flight it is game over.

4. Dear Leader is painted and ready to go!

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20200922_223643.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	276141

Comment

I want to partially bypass the blue box for the ailerons. Does anyone have a schematic or diagram on the balance leads. I would like to find out which wire in the balance lead is the signal wire for the ailerons. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        thanks,
        Tone
        Simply inspect the small connector card in the wing root.
        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
          Hopefully, the readers now have a good understanding of CG and the effects on handling and maneuverability. I still await the results of you brave souls experimenting with the MiG-29 in the falling leaf situation I found myself in and was almost unable to recover from. I'd love to learn of a sure-fire method to recover from that situation. Remember...I am balanced on the CG marks.

-GG
          The best trump card would clearly be installing vectoring.

Apart from that, cutting power is at least a must. I think Jandro covered that as well as we can for the time being

I'll be experimenting pretty hard in that segment when we get that far, but this particular aspect is hard to analyze accurately without any hands on experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by leithalweapon View Post
            Got mine in the air today with the new servos. Barely got off our grass field. Had it in the air less than 1 min at about 3/4 throttle. What happened next looked exactly like the crashes on video. The nose pitched down and I had no elevator control. At first i chopped the throttle thinking it was toast, but at the absolute last second I got the elevator contol back and was able to pitch up enough to avoid the gound. Slammed the throttle wide open and no response from the motors for a few seconds. Didn't seem to lose aileron control. So I have no idea what happened, but I am using an Admiral 10ch receiver which was probably a bad idea. Originally I had ordered 2 Admiral sattelite rxs, but they were both bad.
            One other thing, I will never fly with 30% expo again.
            I had this EXACT issue with a Freewing F4; the 8S version. The model pitched down shortly after takeoff, no response from the controls, then regained control then lost control and in she went. Exact same receiver.

Comment

• I use horrible hobby Star 5200 45c on my 80mm. They are not very demanding...

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                Hopefully, the readers now have a good understanding of CG and the effects on handling and maneuverability. I still await the results of you brave souls experimenting with the MiG-29 in the falling leaf situation I found myself in and was almost unable to recover from. I'd love to learn of a sure-fire method to recover from that situation. Remember...I am balanced on the CG marks.
                If the EU birds ever arrive and start shipping...
                Come on, where the hell is the European container stuck at? Aaaaaagh!

Originally posted by janmb View Post
                But to achieve that, you run fans that are suited to kill someone with sound waves at over 10 miles range... 😁
                Aerospace compromise solutions! ​​

Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
                I found that if you place it on the top, and hang it over the front edge of the battery tray, just to the point where it bumps up against the back of the pilot’s seat, then the plane is only about <1cm tail heavy (vs. the marked CG)
                Oh no... not again...
                Please... *tail heavier*, not *tail heavy*
                I beg you!

Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
                4. Dear Leader is painted and ready to go!
                Awesome paintjob!

Comment

• It's OK!! He added a qualifier "vs. the marked CG"......

"then the plane is only about <1cm tail heavy(vs. the marked CG)"

Oh no... not again...
                  I beg you!

Comment

thanks,
                    Tone
                    Hi TS....

Is this what you are looking for?

Consider supporting the channel by visiting http://www.patreon.com/painless360Thanks for watching, please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE. Happy flying!

-GG

Comment

• what's cg?

Name:	28005727624d9ea2d0ba6d7b8f06803c.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	276162

Comment

• A follow up on an earlier post for two stage doors. Here are the pins to move from the wing wiring harness connectors at the blue box. Remove the 3rd wire (next to the red wire) and solder those together and install a connector to connect directly to the blue box two stage door output. Works great and as others pointed out, is not scale but looks cleaner and is cool!! I don't remember who posted the first note about the blue box having two stage door output but credit to them.

Name:	IMG_20200922_080655.jpg
Views:	1292
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	276167Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200922_075731.jpg
Views:	1264
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	276168

Comment

• Had an interesting issue during setup. One of the screws for the fixing ring on an elevator just snapped in half leaving part of it in the fixing ring. I don't see how to easily get it out. It's tight but I am nervous about how it will hold up. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by IFlyAtlanta View Post
                            Had an interesting issue during setup. One of the screws for the fixing ring on an elevator just snapped in half leaving part of it in the fixing ring. I don't see how to easily get it out. It's tight but I am nervous about how it will hold up. Does anyone have any ideas?
                            I would definitely drill the broken screw out and replace with new collar and new screw

Sucks to wait, but better than losing the model.

Comment

• Originally posted by HaroldAnderson View Post
                              A follow up on an earlier post for two stage doors. Here are the pins to move from the wing wiring harness connectors at the blue box. Remove the 3rd wire (next to the red wire) and solder those together and install a connector to connect directly to the blue box two stage door output. Works great and as others pointed out, is not scale but looks cleaner and is cool!! I don't remember who posted the first note about the blue box having two stage door output but credit to them.

Name:	IMG_20200922_080655.jpg
Views:	1292
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	276167Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200922_075731.jpg
Views:	1264
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	276168
                              When you splice the two wires together and install that into a plug, there's only one pin that's used?

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                Oh no... not again...
                                I beg you!
                                Remember how you said not long ago that you weren't going to "nit pick"? You haven't stopped, have you? Many here have long since stopped caring. I'll use "nose heavy", "tail heavy" as I please. Almost everyone knows what it means.

Comment

• Yes, just the signal wire.

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  When you splice the two wires together and install that into a plug, there's only one pin that's used?

Comment

• Best regards,
                                    Cris B.
                                    AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
                                    NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Originally posted by HaroldAnderson View Post
                                      Yes, just the signal wire.

Perfect. Thanks.

Comment

• I checked the connector at the wing and it is the 6th wire. Starting with wire #1 being the black wire. I don't want to dig the blue box out of my fuse now that I have it buried and the wiring all secured. So, I can no longer get to the other end of the wing wiring connector but I think these are straight through cables so you would just remove wire #6 on both blue box wing connectors and tie them together or add a connector to each one if you want redundant channels to control your ailerons. The connectors will only contain the signal wire because the ground and power will still come from the blue box. You would plug these straight into your gyro or receiver. To be sure about the cable, take one #6 wire out of the blue box connector and make sure that wing no longer has aileron control before you doing any cutting to your wiring.....

Originally posted by TS8103 View Post
                                        thanks,
                                        Tone

Comment

• Originally posted by leithalweapon View Post
                                          One other thing, I will never fly with 30% expo again.
                                          Why do you say that?

Comment

Working...
                                          X