Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have this tank for the conversion, it looked to be the same tank that was used in the Hong Kong k45g3 video ( I searched it out on Google pictures lol). It is 1000ml and wide and not tall and seemed to fill all the available space in his video. As I don't have the model yet fingers and toes crossed it's the exact same one and slips in with a bit of tweeting, your comments have me concerned that a smaller similar one was used in the video and starting to see fuel in this plane is going to be a challenge.

Added a screenshot of the proposed tank fitted in the MIG hoping it's the same one, of course I have no idea how much foam he has hogged out to make that work as I dont have the model and now seeing a tank in front of his main tank as well which has me thinking the 32 oz is a no goer after all and perhaps I needed the 800ml version😂.

Heyho 800ml version also ordered, $7 from banggood which is much cheaper than Aliexpress and much faster delivery. I think a tank bag may be the best option to take advantage of space but have never used one of those before.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by IFlyAtlanta View Post
      I have a Spektrum DX9 and the new Freewing MiG29. I am also a novice at this, so I apologize if this seems like a silly question. I was looking for details on how to set up the Aircraft type on the radio, as well as any other specific MiG29 radio settings. Can anyone point me to some online documentation? Thanks!
      Sorry to say but a novice should not attempt to fly this plane. You are setting yourself up for a major disappointment and loss of $$$.

If you are new to the hobby you just skipped step 1 and went to step 5. You need to gain some flight experience on a range of models before attempting to fly an EDF.

Good Luck!!

Comment

• Did some 45 degree crosswind work this morning with winds 11 -13 mph as measured on a hand-held anemometer.

Not easy, but I was surprised how well she handled it. Landings were not perfect, but very satisfactory. She did try to lift the upwind wing during one roll-out, so keep the upwind wing aileron up as you roll out.

I used my normal flap setting for landing. Next time I will see how not using flaps on landing works for X-winds.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Nooo 😬

Unfortunately, this is a mistake it seems every single rc pilot is destined to do at least once in their career
          Reversed controls?
          Except for those who do a proper preflight EVERY flight, like real pilots do.

Comment

• +1
            Best regards,
            Cris B.
            AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
            NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post

Sorry to say but a novice should not attempt to fly this plane. You are setting yourself up for a major disappointment and loss of $$$.

If you are new to the hobby you just skipped step 1 and went to step 5. You need to gain some flight experience on a range of models before attempting to fly an EDF.

Good Luck!!
              Interestingly, you make the assumptions around my flight experience. The Spektrum radio system was the core reference. I only asked for links to documentation; anything else is unsolicited.

Comment

• In any case, I hope this is not your first EDF, otherwise, good to go! :)

Not familiar with Spektrum, I don't like it, can't help there.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post

Reversed controls?
                  Except for those who do a proper preflight EVERY flight, like real pilots do.
                  It is just a matter of fact that the vast majority of rc pilots mess up sooner or later.

Just like you, I haven't done so either, and I like to believe I have good discipline in always checking as I start my taxi. But unlike you, I'm not cocky enough to pretend mistakes can't happen. History says otherwise. And something like 97% of fullsize accidents are human errors as well, so let's not pretend fullsize pilots don't make mistakes or fail to follow checklists too.
                  Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

Interestingly, you make the assumptions around my flight experience. The Spektrum radio system was the core reference. I only asked for links to documentation; anything else is unsolicited.
                    There's plenty of info online on the 9. Great radio I own two. Start here and learn the radio.

https://www.google.com/search?client...tytMP15uX0AM56

Mike
                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I almost maidened a 35cc MSX-R a month ago and caught reversed ailerons as I waggled the controls on taxi out. All controls surfaces were set via a servo tester in the house with the model in it's component parts but was still astounded that after checking rates at some point I missed it till 10's before flight. I also always stand behind model and waggle sticks, good habit to have.

I am hoping to eventually have a new SR10 Pro in this plane on ACCESS with redundant 900 backup and a Sbus to pwm decoder to send the signal only to the blue box for lights/gear with stock bec. The SR10 pro is maybe a maybe a bit to beta for my liking at the moment as they are not even officially released yet so we will see lol.

Might try a tank bag in this model, never done that before.

Comment

Chill a little, I suggest you re-read your post. You made it sound like you were a newb.
                        Have fun with it!!

Comment

And something like 97% of fullsize accidents are human errors as well, so let's not pretend fullsize pilots don't make mistakes or fail to follow checklists too.
                          The number is more like 78% of manned aircraft incidents where pilot error is a contributing factor in a long chain of failures leading to an incident. Only about 0.5% or less can show pilot error as the only cause.
                          No one is pretending that full scale pilots don't fail to use checklists properly or not make mistakes, gosh, we all do. It's not about the mistake, it's about how you correct for the mistake and avoid the incident.

Well, I have to go do a walk around to ensure the wings are still attached and the ailerons move in the correct direction on the A321 (New FO so I always follow them up)
                          Best regards,
                          Cris B.
                          NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• On another topic, I completed my maiden today with a total of 9 flights.

2x5000mAH 50C Admirals, mixed flying gets me about 3:30 and 40% capacity remaining. My CG is roughly 20mm behind the factory marks and only needs a little elevator input for inverted flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sekhet View Post

The number is more like 78% of manned aircraft incidents where pilot error is a contributing factor in a long chain of failures leading to an incident. Only about 0.5% or less can show pilot error as the only cause.
                              No one is pretending that full scale pilots don't fail to use checklists properly or not make mistakes, gosh, we all do. It's not about the mistake, it's about how you correct for the mistake and avoid the incident.

Well, I have to go do a walk around to ensure the wings are still attached and the ailerons move in the correct direction on the A321 (New FO so I always follow them up)
                              The actual percentage is a number I pulled out of my butt, and the exact value isn't really important for the point anyway. The point is that mechanical or electrical failures, without prior human error, is almost a negligible case of accidents. And I wrote human error, not pilot error, including all parts of the chain, from design, manufacturing, maintenance, ground services, and crew.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                On another topic, I completed my maiden today with a total of 9 flights.

2x5000mAH 50C Admirals, mixed flying gets me about 3:30 and 40% capacity remaining. My CG is roughly 20mm behind the factory marks and only needs a little elevator input for inverted flight.
                                Congrats! Sounds brilliant all around!

Can't wait to see what 3DP goodies you are going to come up with for this model :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Raydar View Post
                                  Might try a tank bag in this model, never done that before.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390937923083
                                  Good catch on the ailerons for sure. Pre-flight is totally needless to say a good thing indeed.

Have looked at baggies too, just something new to get into - like you, never tried that before.

Definitely would require running a decent size UAT in addition though - almost impossible to avoid some air in that bag when filling, and absolutely no way to purge it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post
                                    Chill a little, I suggest you re-read your post. You made it sound like you were a newb.
                                    Have fun with it!!
                                    Ok... :) Once again, no response to the actual post request for information, just more unsolicited advice. Maybe I am missing the point of this forum.
                                    I'll take it from here. Thank you, anyway.

Comment

Ok... :) Once again, no response to the actual post request for information, just more unsolicited advice. Maybe I am missing the point of this forum.
                                      I'll take it from here. Thank you, anyway.
                                      In fact, your question was answered immediately following your post, but I think you were too busy being insulted to actually see it. As for any other programming specific to the Mig, there isn't any. The programming for the Mig is quite typical for any 6-channel plane (with flaps). Maybe you ARE missing the point of this forum. It's here to help people who really need help. You received that help in the quote below. However, if you were expecting those on this forum to hold your hand every step of the way and babysit you, then yes, you've missed the point, especially when you respond so terribly badly when others are merely trying to issue a caution (you call it unsolicited advice). That kind of anti-social response won't likely sit well here with many.

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      Both your statement on skill level and the type of question you are asking leads me to post this online documentation.
                                      Skill Level Intermediate/Advanced

Airplane type one aileron one flap. Tail type one elevator one rudder. This should be your radio's default. Set up The throws per the manual and add the type of expo you prefer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                        On another topic, I completed my maiden today with a total of 9 flights.

I'm slowly working my CG back.......what is your elevator neutral position at this CG?

My CG is now 8mm behind the factory mark. It does fly noticeably better, but still requires quite a bit of up trim (3-4mm). I had 5mm of up trim at the factory marks. I don't know where they got 1mm in the manual. I've moved everything as far back as I can (batts, RX, BEC). With 2 RT 5500 mah I will have to add some tail weight for further adjustments.

I've owned alot of jets with full flying stabs (turbine and EDF). I've never seen one require this much up trim to fly level.....seems very inefficient.
                                        Either the recommended CG is very far forward (which I know it is to some degree) or there is an incidence problem.

Don't get me wrong. I am happy with the plane. I do love the size and look of it. It also flies pretty well. I just don't like the elevator trim situation.
                                        Hopefully adding some tail weight will help.

Comment

The actual percentage is a number I pulled out of my butt, and the exact value isn't really important for the point anyway. The point is that mechanical or electrical failures, without prior human error, is almost a negligible case of accidents. And I wrote human error, not pilot error, including all parts of the chain, from design, manufacturing, maintenance, ground services, and crew.
                                          OK, Now I've got your number, and understand why the others are saying what they are saying and I tend to agree.
                                          Best regards,
                                          Cris B.
                                          NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

Working...
                                          X