X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
    Nope - Not a correct assumption. Can’t wrap big power wires around the green rings. The Amazon chokes are SUPER light.
    But the power wires don't go into the Rx... thought you were only shielding the rx leads of the ESCs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

But the power wires don't go into the Rx... thought you were only shielding the rx leads of the ESCs.
      Please go back and read my posts in detail and look at the picture I provided....shown below again. Don't know how much clearer this can be stated.

5 wires = 5 RF chokes or...you may group several wires through one choke, so 5 are not really needed.

Example ESC shown....not a MiG ESC

The goal is to stop ALL possible sources of RF interference. That equates to choking every ESC wire on the non-motor side.

Do what you wish and If less possibly watch a plane go down.

For an EASY and CHEAP and LIGHT potential solution, I am not taking any risks. Over 1000 trouble-free (radio) flights with HIGH CURRENT ESC birds have made a BELIEVER outa me. Hope you guys can gain from my experiences and can have the same level of success. I could be all wrong, too. But seems to work well for my radio and set-up.

A prior post indicated that we’ve beat this dead horse enough. He will do further research and report it on the separate radios and receivers forum. I do appreciate all your kind attention. Just wanna save birds driven by HIGH CURRENT ESCs.

-GG

Comment

• Sorry, that pic wasn't totally clear to me, thanks for the clarification.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          Can you get these on your Amazon? I got a dozen of the 3700 4S for my Bronco, Tigercat, P-38 and various other warbirds and love them. I want to try their 6000 6S.

https://www.amazon.com/Socokin-Batte...1421827&sr=8-2
          No, I tried to search for them. The only Socokin LiPo that comes up is a 6200msh, 7.4V. No 6s comes up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

That's too bad about the HRB's, I just checked Amazon here and they are selling 2 for $154, so only $75 US each. The RT 6250's are $93 each and the RT 5500's are $120 each, $US, so for me the HRB's are a better value. I did test out a Liperior battery on my IR meter that a friend had at the field the other day, if I remember it was only a 4000 35-40C 6S battery he uses in his F-22 and I was shocked to have it test out at higher Actual C (by 50%) than any other battery I have ever tested, easily the actual C is equal to what they advertised. Unfortunately, he didn't have anything larger to test out so I'm wondering about those batteries.
            Hey there Hugh! That was me...I had previously been using a 6s Spektrum 5000 50C pack in series with a 2s Admiral 5000 50C and I noticed in my 8s F-22 the voltage would sag to 3.7 in 7-8 seconds under WOT on the ground and my packs would come out pretty hot after a 3:45 minute flight. I swapped out to two 4s Liperior 5000 45C batteries in series and was able run at WOT for 30 seconds before I hit 3.8 volts. I definitely felt like I had way more thrust in the air and came down after 4:30 at ~3.79 with the packs barely warm so I believe I could have easily gotten another 30 seconds of useful throttle or so. The absolute best part is the packs were only $35 each so they're better performance and more flight time for 92 dollars less than I had spent on the equivalent Spektrum 6s and admiral 2s packs. I picked up four of their 6s 5000 45C @ $50 each for the MiG which I'll hopefully be maidening this upcoming weekend if the weather holds up. I'll let you know if I'm able to make it and maybe you can come check it out and measure the batteries.

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post

HRB distributes direct to customer via ebay down here, worth a look to see if they do the same in canada. They have a sister brand called Yowoo they market the 100C (lol yeah right) carbon 6000 packs under. I dont know if these are the same as the HRB branded 100C packs, but whatever they are, they rock. They sell a pair for ~$250AUD ($240CAD) which is ridiculously good value out here in the sticks (same price as a single spektrum 5000 - no wonder the only guys using them get em for free with their review planes lol).
              I don't use ebay much anymore but I just checked and HRB is sold via ebay.ca. I'll have to do a comparison of prices with HRB USA and see which is a better buy.

Comment

• I saw this picture, thought the loadout looked cool. so I modeled the B-8M! rocket pod. Doing a test print then posting to cults3d

Comment

• Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post

Hey there Hugh! That was me...I had previously been using a 6s Spektrum 5000 50C pack in series with a 2s Admiral 5000 50C and I noticed in my 8s F-22 the voltage would sag to 3.7 in 7-8 seconds under WOT on the ground and my packs would come out pretty hot after a 3:45 minute flight. I swapped out to two 4s Liperior 5000 45C batteries in series and was able run at WOT for 30 seconds before I hit 3.8 volts. I definitely felt like I had way more thrust in the air and came down after 4:30 at ~3.79 with the packs barely warm so I believe I could have easily gotten another 30 seconds of useful throttle or so. The absolute best part is the packs were only $35 each so they're better performance and more flight time for 92 dollars less than I had spent on the equivalent Spektrum 6s and admiral 2s packs. I picked up four of their 6s 5000 45C @ $50 each for the MiG which I'll hopefully be maidening this upcoming weekend if the weather holds up. I'll let you know if I'm able to make it and maybe you can come check it out and measure the batteries.

Hey Rudy, good to hear from you. Yes, those Liperior batteries you had tested out great, I can't wait to see your Mig on those. I'm heading out tomorrow (Wednesday) to get some flights in as the weather seems to look good, nice 10-15 mph from the east. You will definitely be the first at our field with the Mig, so you'll be the "guinea pig". Let Marvin know when you go and if you want, he'll be happy to help you with the maiden. I'd be happy to do it for you but then you better pre-order a replacement pronto. If you need Marvin's number, just send me a PM.

xviper , you may want to look into those Liperior 6S 5000's, the other Liperior batteries tested out great (best I've seen) and seem to be very affordable, at least here in the States.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

xviper , you may want to look into those Liperior 6S 5000's, the other Liperior batteries tested out great (best I've seen) and seem to be very affordable, at least here in the States.
                    The popular sizes seem to be out of stock at the moment. Spent quite a bit of time tonite looking at all the battery choices I’ve collected over the past couple of months. So far, the HRB’s are the front runners in terms of price, performance and value. Two of my oldest 6s Admirals puffed up today and have been retired, so I need to restock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                      I saw this picture, thought the loadout looked cool. so I modeled the B-8M! rocket pod. Doing a test print then posting to cults3d
                      Fantastic! One of my R-27s got a bit dinged up during the unplaned belly landing last weekend, this would be a great replacement.

Comment

I saw this picture, thought the loadout looked cool. so I modeled the B-8M! rocket pod. Doing a test print then posting to cults3d
                        Brilliant as always
                        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Here it is:

Someone needs to do a loadout with 6 of these now

Modeled for the Freewing MiG-29. Rocket body has a slot to fit attachment hardware: https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-f-16c-90mm-weapons-attachment-hardware The Center body has a slot that will properly align the launcher on the 2 outboard pylons. On the Freewing model the inboard pylon has the attachment slot mounted further back. for this print the "40mm offset" version.

Comment

• Really nice DD! Are you also going to design some rockets, or maybe a nose cone with just the tips of the rockets?
                            Pat

Comment

• That is something I am a bit unclear about. I havent seen any pictures depicted a loaded pod. From what I can tell, the cone section is just an aerodynamic fairing, so the rocket tips would end at the base of the cone. If someone has some reference pictures, I can make a "loaded" version.

Comment

That is something I am a bit unclear about. I havent seen any pictures depicted a loaded pod. From what I can tell, the cone section is just an aerodynamic fairing, so the rocket tips would end at the base of the cone. If someone has some reference pictures, I can make a "loaded" version.
                                Pretty sure that is entirely correct.

Below: Not that the rockets are all identical.

Second pic: Loaded pods. Only outer ring of rockets visible. Click image for larger version

Name:	pod2.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	277777

Click image for larger version

Name:	pod1.JPG
Views:	684
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	277776
                                Attached Files
                                Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Some burner pics from last week's flying.

Pat

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200930-130344.png
Views:	761
Size:	465.8 KB
ID:	277942 The pilot in my 1/9 scale F-4 and purchased one for the 29. Waiting on it. Burner lights arrived today.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                      Some burner pics from last week's flying.

They look really great on the Mig-29.

Comment

• I was away from the thread for 2 days and had to catch up with 50-60 posts. You guys are tough to keep up with!
                                        So like Xviper, I was pleasantly surprised by how this jet lands - I bring it down, chop the power, and it just sits with the nose up in ground effect all the way down the 300' runway about 6 inches off the ground. It just floats and floats and floats and doesn't want to stop. I want to install the 3D speed brakes later, when the files become available!

I am also using RT6250's and they perform well... balance seems a little nose heavy, I had to use a few clicks of up trim but it wasn't bad. My timer is set for 3:40 and the batteries have been consistent at around 3.8volts per cell afterwards. The model doesn't appear to be really fast but I think its because its so big in the air. It doesn't have a great deal of "punch" but it has plenty of power and makes the most beautiful up-lines straight up to the clouds. Having fun!
                                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Hey Rudy, good to hear from you. Yes, those Liperior batteries you had tested out great, I can't wait to see your Mig on those. I'm heading out tomorrow (Wednesday) to get some flights in as the weather seems to look good, nice 10-15 mph from the east. You will definitely be the first at our field with the Mig, so you'll be the "guinea pig". Let Marvin know when you go and if you want, he'll be happy to help you with the maiden. I'd be happy to do it for you but then you better pre-order a replacement pronto. If you need Marvin's number, just send me a PM.

Where do you buy the Liperior lipos? rcbattery.com?

Comment

Working...
                                          X