Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a good ejection seat? Now that my bird is flying it’s time to do some upgrades to the mitten wearing munchkin pilot. I just finished resin printing a pilot and now need some seating.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
      Successful maiden! Here is a video of flight #4: https://youtu.be/CqV0Z66s-5k

​​​​​​One observation - there is certainly a non-linear response to the elevator, it feels awkward. I have the upgraded servos from MRC. I think it is due to the flex on the control rods. Even with the carbon fiber tubes the rods flex. Funny enough MRC sells rods for the F-14 Wing sweep mechanism that are perfect length and are much thicker. I'll be installing these soon: https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...ng-pushrod-set
      Wow would have made things much easier if MRC had realized they had a simple solution on hand. Let us know how it works!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
        Anyone have a good ejection seat? Now that my bird is flying it’s time to do some upgrades to the mitten wearing munchkin pilot. I just finished resin printing a pilot and now need some seating.
        Send pic of that pilot!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	D885DFDA-C3C6-4EA9-A102-CB4BA39D8E97.jpeg
Views:	1046
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	280415Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-13 190530.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.6 KB ID:	280413

Comment

• I used same pilot in f18 and it turned out pretty good. Just scaled it to sized. Click image for larger version

Name:	3839F1DB-72BA-497C-A6D4-A700816CA80B.jpeg
Views:	1106
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	280422

Comment

• Special thanks to Chris for hooking me up with a pair of Mig-29 Rocket pods! They look great and the design of them is spot on. I still need to ad the finishing weathering touches to them but they look good. See pics below. Chris I might order another pair from you....... I'm thinkin it looks better with two pods on each wing. I saw a few pics online with that config and the jet looks great.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image_63071.jpg
Views:	1065
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	280444Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9494.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.2 KB ID:	280441Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9496 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.2 KB ID:	280442Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9497.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.1 KB ID:	280443 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9492.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.5 KB ID:	280440

Comment

• Nice! Just putting the finishing touches on my first pod and starting to print up a second. They're bigger than they look in the slicing software lol.

Comment

• Making progress on the air to ground loadout. These take a surprising amount of time to print and paint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201014_224708.jpg
Views:	1018
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	280452

Comment

• Stunning projects, those pods look badass.

Will definitely need to print some for myself i due time. Thanks to Chris G for the design.

Unfortunately, my MiG had a dead main retract out of the box, but motion showed impeccable customer service as usual, so a new was in the mail hours after the ticket was written. Sucks to wait another week, but gives more time to build well anyway.
                    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Did you check connection behind the wing interconnection board Jan? I had some connections that were loose to the point they could have easily come off.

Comment

• Does anyone know how to remove the small tiger head one the intakes without ruining the paint. Or do you have a perfect color match so I don't have to repaint the whole bottom. I want to put block numbers in that area.

Comment

• Good question as I'm intending to just paint over it at some point.

Comment

• Did a repaint wich was a pain had to be careful so it wouldn't pull the gray paint off.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Jet jocky View Post
                              Does anyone know how to remove the small tiger head one the intakes without ruining the paint. Or do you have a perfect color match so I don't have to repaint the whole bottom. I want to put block numbers in that area.
                              I did the same thing, painted over and put number decals on it. I used Model Masters Dark Ghost Grey acrylic. It seemed close enough match that I couldn't notice the difference.

Probably my wife would say it needs closer color matching, but on the other hand, I would say her knitting machine needs a turbine motor upgrade.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	DE4C6692-A0BE-4F8E-9E3C-9D45E33D7778.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	280473
                                Originally posted by Jet jocky View Post
                                Does anyone know how to remove the small tiger head one the intakes without ruining the paint. Or do you have a perfect color match so I don't have to repaint the whole bottom. I want to put block numbers in that area.
                                From a prior post..,..HD paint dept:

I still need to get a can.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  Did you check connection behind the wing interconnection board Jan? I had some connections that were loose to the point they could have easily come off.
                                  All retracts are fuselage mounted, leads go directly into the MCB (aka blue box).

Comment

• Oops, you are right. None the less there were loose servo connections behind one of the wing interconnection plates on mine. I assume he did check connections on the MCBe...

Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

All retracts are fuselage mounted, leads go directly into the MCB (aka blue box).

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      Did you check connection behind the wing interconnection board Jan? I had some connections that were loose to the point they could have easily come off.
                                      The retracts on the MiG are part of the body, and does not go through that board or ribbon at all.

I removed the entirely retract device and tested it completely isolated. So all other sources are ruled out.
                                      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                                        Click image for larger version Name:	DE4C6692-A0BE-4F8E-9E3C-9D45E33D7778.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	280473

From a prior post..,..HD paint dept:

I still need to get a can.

-GG
                                        I went and got a can of this several weeks ago. Perfect match!
                                        Pat

Comment

• Just a PSA that the Socokin 6000mAh 6s 60c batteries are on amazon prime deals for 59 bucks a piece! I've been liking them; comparable to my HRB 6000's.

Comment

Working...
                                          X