Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats! PieterO this was posted on the AL37 forum. A good goal is 3.7 V minimum after a flight.
    The chart is not for the MiG, but provides a visual for current flow vs throttle vs impact on flight time.

You may want to read post #1879, too.

-GG

Click image for larger version  Name:	3631A72A-3F26-4E49-B430-B0A0592571E9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	61.8 KB ID:	280625

Comment

• Strong first post! Welcome to the mad house :)

Comment

• Congrats on the maidens!!!!

Comment

• Here's something interesting or even 'enlightening' to those that have never been close to one of these birds (fullscale ones)

This interactive pic allows to compare sizes of the MiG-29 with Sukhoi, Yak aircraft and others, thought you'd appreciate ;)

Интерактивная гигарама авиасалона

Comment

• Wow the mig 29 is tiny! Our air force only has a handful of super hornets and its very rare we get to see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

Congrats! PieterO this was posted on the AL37 forum. A good goal is 3.7 V minimum after a flight.
              The chart is not for the MiG, but provides a visual for current flow vs throttle vs impact on flight time.

You may want to read post #1879, too.

-GG

Click image for larger version Name:	3631A72A-3F26-4E49-B430-B0A0592571E9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	61.8 KB ID:	280625
              Thanks! 👍

Comment

• Absolutely love these rocket pods from dirtydee. It was already an intimidating looking plane but the unguided weapons just look brutal under there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201016_171741.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	280676

Ive published the FAB 500 pound bomb on thingiverse as well. Nothing fancy but it's pretty close to scale.

A 1:9 scale high explosives bomb to fit the Freewing Mig-29 dual 80mm EDF. Print parts, glue parts, paint parts. Accepts the standard freewing weapons mount (https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-f-16c-90mm-weapons-attachment-hardware) or print one of the ones available on here. Print with a single layer outline and 5% infill - it will be light and strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                  Wow the mig 29 is tiny! Our air force only has a handful of super hornets and its very rare we get to see them.
                  It's not that small... the point is rather than the Sukhois are yuuuuuuuge!

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

Hell... I'm impressed just by the photo!! Pretty neat that you can zoom in and out and pan around like that.

Comment

Here's something interesting or even 'enlightening' to those that have never been close to one of these birds (fullscale ones)

This interactive pic allows to compare sizes of the MiG-29 with Sukhoi, Yak aircraft and others, thought you'd appreciate ;)

https://gigarama.ru/maks2019/
                      Putting my ArrowsRC MiG next to my FW Sukhoi 35 gives just the same impression of relative size.

Comment

Yeah, the main thing here is that most people don't have anywhere near the right idea about the actual size of an SU-27 family fighter. The same goes for the F-15, which likewise is far larger than most would think.
                        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Still smaller than the Su! ^^

Comment

• We need compare Su-27 with F-14 as direct competitor(with performance and size). :D

Comment

• Clocked up about a dozen flights on my MiG now. Replaced tail servos with Hitecs and y-harnessed them to receiver. Y-harnessed flap servos to receiver after learning about potential issues with the flaps going opposite deflection when plugged into the blue box. Ailerons, rudder, lights and retracts all left plugged into the bluebox. So far, so good. Running a FrSky Taranis X9DSE 2018 and 8 channel S8R receiver. Flight packs are CHNL 5000mah 40C and Timer set to 2 min. 30 because I like to peg it at close to full for most of the flight.

Impressed with the aircraft, a big machine. Not impressed with Freewing elect
                              Last edited by mick8488; Oct 17, 2020, 05:04 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Flaps going opposite deflection?

Comment

• I saw some of y'all breaking retracts and dislodging the factory retract mount. Our grass is far from perfect, so thought I'd get ahead of the progblem. Inspired by Brenden McCormack's mod for the F-14, came up with a solution that sandwiches the whole lot with 4-40 allthread between a couple of 3D printed plates.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	280823Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	280824Click image for larger version

Name:	20201017_225002.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	280825Click image for larger version

Name:	20201017_154418.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	280826

Comment

• Heres a video showing some flight tips and some edge of the envelope type flying...

Comment

• So, have I already said that I love this plane!? 6 more flights today in 18-22 mph winds and it is rock solid! Now for the elevators - even after the servo upgrade I noticed a bit of a non-linear response to the elevator. I figured it was flex in the linkages/pushrods. I was right - as I mentioned before, I noticed MRC sells a pair of strong pushrods for the F-14 wing sweep mechanism. They turn out to be perfect length, no cutting needed! Here is a picture of the rods and how they look installed. I also upgraded the servo horns to some that are thicker and don't flex. Again, it is amazing to me Freewing did not do this stock, especially that they already make the perfect rods.

Comment

• Here is mine, I also upgraded the wheels. The mains are 65mm HSD with brakes and the nose gear are JP Hobby 45mm. This looks much more scale than the stock setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by meadowhay View Post
                                          Simple add on anti collision beacon using a spare red LED salvaged from my broken Avanti and plugged into a strobe output on the MCB-E.
                                          Additional landing lights to follow (full size has 3)

You Tube link

Click image for larger version Name:	20201015_111703.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	280558
                                          Meadowhay - Liked your idea. I needed more orientation lighting for pre-dawn / post-sunset flights, so I also decided to add a white tail position light along with the red LED.

None of this is scale, but the locations are fairly easy to run wires to. There’s a plate or rod in the tail about 3 inches forward from the rear end that was a challenge to get past.

Early on, I added a second landing light. The bar coming forward from the nose strut was blocking the landing light on certain approaches. So, I added a second landing light on the other side of the strut....problem solved. I need the landing light to stay visible for pitch judgement on final in dim ambient light.

Parts list from scavenged from crashed birds:
                                          - landing light (round - same size)
                                          - white LED
                                          - red LED
                                          - Wire + connectors

The red LED butts up against the rear of the latch. This keeps it ahead of the rear wall of the rear battery compartment.

I selected the double flash from the control board for the red LED and the “light” for the white LED.

Can’t wait to see how much this will help. Windy! UGH!!

-GG
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	image_63171.jpg Views:	9 Size:	118.6 KB ID:	280869

Click image for larger version  Name:	11118388-DDD2-43EA-8201-DFEEECFE5845.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	127.3 KB ID:	280870

Comment

Working...
                                          X