Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum Twin 80mm Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a few flights in today with the chokes and I also set the flaps and ailerons up about 2-3mm. Flew well set up that way. No issues.

Comment

• Its a stretch, but something i remembered happening awhile back was with the blue box in the f22 and a ar8000 spektrum reciever. Anytime i would retract the landing gear, the rudders would stop working and intermitently move with rudder inputs until i put the landing gear down. I made a fuss about it with motion saying the blu box was defective. I happened to change a different rx and everything was fine. I never looked further into it other than maybe the pulse signals were not jiving well with the blu box and glitching both rx and bluebox.

Comment

• I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with my Mig-21 right now that has my rudder and nose gear steering not working. I suspect the older MCB.

Last Sunday the rudder was jittery and once stopped working momentarily, along with the nose gear steering.

On the ground when I got it home I was trying to find a loose connection between the rudder and nose gear servos and my rudder went full deflection and quit, along with the nose gear steering, this time for good. Fortunate not to have the rudder deflect like that in flight. Everything else still works. I bought a new MCB to try out as it's the only thing I can figure given the nose gear steering and rudder don't Y together, it's handled in the board.

It's always possible for electronics to just quit. They work fine, until they don't.

Comment

• So far no issues with any of the control surfaces or anything else. Still work to do on it. Installed a Spectrum 9350 AS3X RX and appears to work fine and in the right direction. I have as off, on and high rates. Hopefully get some descent weather. Wind and rain. That time of year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colorc View Post
            Its a stretch, but something i remembered happening awhile back was with the blue box in the f22 and a ar8000 spektrum reciever. Anytime i would retract the landing gear, the rudders would stop working and intermitently move with rudder inputs until i put the landing gear down. I made a fuss about it with motion saying the blu box was defective. I happened to change a different rx and everything was fine. I never looked further into it other than maybe the pulse signals were not jiving well with the blu box and glitching both rx and bluebox.
            I believe that is one of the Spektrum RXs that Motion said NOT to use with the MCB-E. I had the same issue with an XPS RX, but it went away when I switched to Graupner.
            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post
              I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with my Mig-21 right now that has my rudder and nose gear steering not working. I suspect the older MCB.

Last Sunday the rudder was jittery and once stopped working momentarily, along with the nose gear steering.

On the ground when I got it home I was trying to find a loose connection between the rudder and nose gear servos and my rudder went full deflection and quit, along with the nose gear steering, this time for good. Fortunate not to have the rudder deflect like that in flight. Everything else still works. I bought a new MCB to try out as it's the only thing I can figure given the nose gear steering and rudder don't Y together, it's handled in the board.

It's always possible for electronics to just quit. They work fine, until they don't.
              Did you test them both with a servo tester? Also, "Y" them together and test them on a servo tester.

Comment

• What's next for the availability of the model in Europe. Red out of stock on the website, information about the availability of the model in October disappeared. MotionRc does not reply to e-mails ...

Comment

• Originally posted by lusek_pl View Post
                  What's next for the availability of the model in Europe. Red out of stock on the website, information about the availability of the model in October disappeared. MotionRc does not reply to e-mails ...
                  As an alternative, you could order here:

- 1/9 scale with 74" length and 50" wingspan.- Newest version with 30g metal gear servo for elevator.  - With twin 3658-1920Kv brushless inrunner motors and 9-blade fans propel the model to 120mph.- Highest level of engineering for a modern Plug-And-Play EDF

Shipping is expensive (106 dollar for registered air parcel) but the total price would be:
                  686 dollar = 580 euro.

So you save 90 euro's :-)

Normally, I always order at Motion since I live practically next to the European warehouse, but when things are out of stock, I use rc-castle as an alternative. Not expensive and they ship fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by PieterO View Post

That was a good idea! ->

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mig on stand.jpeg
Views:	845
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	281592
                    Yep, brilliant, right?

How is the Model 3 for model transport?
                    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

As an alternative, you could order here:

- 1/9 scale with 74" length and 50" wingspan.- Newest version with 30g metal gear servo for elevator.  - With twin 3658-1920Kv brushless inrunner motors and 9-blade fans propel the model to 120mph.- Highest level of engineering for a modern Plug-And-Play EDF

Shipping is expensive (106 dollar for registered air parcel) but the total price would be:
                      686 dollar = 580 euro.

So you save 90 euro's :-)

Normally, I always order at Motion since I live practically next to the European warehouse, but when things are out of stock, I use rc-castle as an alternative. Not expensive and they ship fast.
                      Make sure to check your local customs regulations! I ordered complete models from RC castle as well before MRC’s EU warehouse opened, for the A-10 I had to pay another 150€ customs fees. Not so cheap in the end.

Comment

• Out of interest is it possible that many are binding and setting failsafes before adjusting the quite extreme elevator position required for level flight thus when the plane momentarily failsafes the elevator failsafes to zero trim position that unfortunately sends the plane in to the ground rather sharply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Make sure to check your local customs regulations! I ordered complete models from RC castle as well before MRC’s EU warehouse opened, for the A-10 I had to pay another 150€ customs fees. Not so cheap in the end.
                          You are absolutely right. Totally forgot about that 😬

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Yep, brilliant, right?

How is the Model 3 for model transport?
                            It's great for transport! It's much larger than it seems from the outside.

My Mig-29 easily fits:

Name:	Mig in Tesla.jpeg
Views:	588
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	281718

And my Freewing 90mm F-16 even fits including the wings and with gear down:

Name:	F-16 in Tesla.jpeg
Views:	615
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	281719

Comment

It's great for transport! It's much larger than it seems from the outside.
                              Nice! I thought the hatch opening (fixed rear window) might make life difficult, but if the mig fits like that, anything does :D

Been contemplating trading in the X for a 3, but this particular bit has held me from it. Hmmm

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Dumb question but do you have to run all your control surfaces through the blue box? Run all your lights gear and gear doors and what ever else you are running except the control surfaces. Would that work ? Just putting it out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jet jocky View Post
                                  Dumb question but do you have to run all your control surfaces through the blue box? Run all your lights gear and gear doors and what ever else you are running except the control surfaces. Would that work ? Just putting it out there.
                                  Not a dumb question at all. It's a popular modification to bypass the box for everything except lights and gear door sequencing. The ribbon cables to the wings introduce some complexity to bypassing, as you need to remove the connector from the wing and then run servo extensions direct from those servos into the fuselage. This will also make it somewhat more cumbersome to remove wings for transport. But elevators, for example, can easily be plugged direct into the Rx with a Y-harness (and is indeed how Motion seem to be recommending people connect the upgraded elevator servos).

Comment

• Has that helped?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post

Did you lose power to the motors as well?

I have a different Admiral receiver (7 ch w/stabilization) and I lost signal on that receiver 3 times in 4 flights. When that happens, the failsafe as it's set up shuts off the motor(s), unless you've changed it. When that happened to me, I got servo control back then shortly after that, power to the motors. Only took a couple of seconds each time, but they were looong seconds.
                                      No, I didn't lose the throttle because when it happened I was at a medium-low power setting and nothing changed except no elevator control - and then when I chopped the throttle by reflex (I hate crashing under power) the control came back and I was able to return to normal. On the Admiral 10-ch receiver there is a fail-safe but it has to be specifically activated (you press a button and a light comes on), and I haven't done that on this plane (maybe I should). So as far as I know there is no fail-safe function unless its activated. When this incident happened I didn't have time to test whether the other flight controls were working (I was trying to use the elevators), so I don't know if everything else was frozen or not.
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

Are you using the add-on RF chokes on the ESC wires which have been discussed a lot in this forum?

-GG
                                        No, just the green ferrite ring that comes with these models as they were both 90mms.

This was a new receiver to me. After changing it out, no more issues with any model. In fact, it's the only receiver I've ever had issues with where I can pinpoint the receiver as the cause.

Comment

• haha. It barely fits.

Comment

Working...
                                          X