Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by duke View Post
    Could this be the cause of the crashes?
    Take a look at the fixing screw that holes the elevator on the shaft. The head of the set screw will imbed into the foam of the elevator and possibility stick. Maybe a grub screw would be a better choice to secure the elevator.
    Yes, I had mine go in and it definitely was a elevator problem.
    Strongly doubt it. Sure, the screw will conflict with the foam, but for that to be a problem, it would need to be combined with massively underpowered servos. Oh wait... 😂

A far greater concern is using a philips head for this at all.
    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• FOR WHAT SO EVER REASON I WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE FOR THE HOBBYSQUAWK... i send 3 email to them and no one replay back ...
      really guy’s ???
      Anyone out there know how to unsubscribe from this channel , please?
      Apologies in advance to disturbing you folks.
      I’m still flying and loving the rc more then ever.

Ps: i try so hard to be part of motion but eventually i must have salame slices on my eyes thinking my planes looks good .. obviously not , which i’ll work harder to make it better , need little time and more experience. Hey , i try it , can’t get mad on it right?
      Wish to all of you a better new year , lot of new planes and more fun then ever .
      And here just few ... don’t get me wrong , i really love motion and always i will ( that’s why i’m not fly HH ) !
      Attached Files

Comment

• Just log off... Interesting use of English by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Strongly doubt it. Sure, the screw will conflict with the foam, but for that to be a problem, it would need to be combined with massively underpowered servos. Oh wait... 😂

A far greater concern is using a philips head for this at all.
          I liked the idea that someone posted about grinding a small flat spot on the rod where the retaining collar screw sets in. Adds a bit of security.

-GG

Comment

• That was me on the other site RC Groups - View Single Post - Freewing Mig-29 Fulcrum Twin 80mm. It's a good idea to always do this. I also use red loctite on the screw.

Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

I liked the idea that someone posted about grinding a small flat spot on the rod where the retaining collar screw sets in. Adds a bit of security.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffon Wings View Post
              FOR WHAT SO EVER REASON I WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE FOR THE HOBBYSQUAWK... i send 3 email to them and no one replay back ...
              really guy’s ???

Ps: i try so hard to be part of motion but eventually i must have salame slices on my eyes thinking my planes looks good .. obviously not , which i’ll work harder to make it better , need little time and more experience. Hey , i try it , can’t get mad on it right?
              Wish to all of you a better new year , lot of new planes and more fun then ever .
              And here just few ... don’t get me wrong , i really love motion and always i will ( that’s why i’m not fly HH ) !
              Before you "log off" (as Evan suggested), you should go to each thread you've got a subscription to and "UNsubscribe". That way, you'll never see any further notifications from them.

Just checking your profile, you have posted here 33 times since you joined in March. Let me see if I've got this straight ....................... You're P'd off because you didn't get 33 pats on the back or 33 "attaboys" for your creations? If that's the case, I think this part of internet may not be for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

-GG
                I was always paranoid that this screw would loosen and the only thing holding on my elevator would be the pushrod when the f22 first came out. When I was assembling the mig I decided to go a step further than just grinding a flat into the rod. I drilled a hole right through and threaded the set screw into it. Now the screw head sits flat against the ring reducing the chance of interference with the surrounding foam and more importantly I can verify that ring is secure with a quick visual inspection rather than grabbing a small Phillips and checking tightness before every flight.

Comment

FOR WHAT SO EVER REASON I WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE FOR THE HOBBYSQUAWK... i send 3 email to them and no one replay back ...
                  really guy’s ???

Griffon Wings,
                  If you wish to unsubscribe from a topic(s), just follow these steps:
                  1. Click "Notifications" at the top of the page and then click "Go to Message Center"
                  2. Under SUBSCRIPTIONS, click on "Posts"
                  3. Click "Got to Subscription List"
                  4. Now you will see all the topics and posts you are subscribed to. Click the "Subscribed" button to the right of any topic/post that you wish to unsubscribe from.

You can PM me if you have further questions.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/abjG8bolUIU HiTec D85MG installed along with the 4/40 titanium push rods and 2/56 swivel ball links.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                      https://youtu.be/abjG8bolUIU HiTec D85MG installed along with the 4/40 titanium push rods and 2/56 swivel ball links.
                      Just a suggestion. You may want to use the inner holes in the servo arm for more servo torque, less system strain. Adjust Tx travel to suit. Good luck with your flights!
                      Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post

Just a suggestion. You may want to use the inner holes in the servo arm for more servo torque, less system strain. Adjust Tx travel to suit. Good luck with your flights!
                        Not necessary with the D85MG servos. More than enough torque. I held the elevator and the jet lifted off the stand.

Comment

Not necessary with the D85MG servos. More than enough torque. I held the elevator and the jet lifted off the stand.
                          Since the D85MG servos have a 4.8V min operating spec, you may want to replace the aft servo wires with a larger diameter wire to help ensure the voltage stays up. Prior tests/postings here by Firebird show the stock wires allow the voltage to drop below 4.8V under load with the MRC upgrade servos. Any operating conditions that can put you below mfg’s recommended operating specs should be a concern.

The spec sheet for the D85 servo shows a larger current draw than the MRC upgrade servos, so the IxR voltage drop will be worse for the D85 servo than for the MRC upgrade servos = lower voltage at the D85 servo with stock wire in worst case.

Here is a source. I installed this larger wire diameter to increase safety margins. You need the 80 cm length, so be sure to scroll to that page/length option.

Use the existing wires as pull wires....pull the new wire in from the rear. Makes this task an easy one.

Larger wire means less voltage drop/loss in the wire, so the voltage stays higher at the servos. This is 0.55 mm dia wire = 20 AWG

-GG

https://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/Se...0025080&p=8312

Comment

-GG
                            Yeah definitely sound advise. Obviously a balance of not overdoing it, but should be plenty material to allow for a small flat spot.

Combined with securing the set screw obviously.
                            Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Ref post 3472...

Yet another reason to consider the MKS HV69 servos as an upgrade path....

Their operating range spec is down to 3.8 volts.

No reverse option is offered, but if you have more than 6 channels, not an issue. They are drop ins.

HV69 + larger wire + higher torque = nice safety margin!

-GG

6 channel pilots will need a servo reverser or will need to re-wire one servo. Doable....but challenging.
                              I have, so far, had good results with the Futaba SR-10 reverser....over 50 flights with it, so far.

Comment

Ref post 3472...

Yet another reason to consider the MKS HV69 servos as an upgrade path....

Their operating range spec is down to 3.8 volts.

No reverse option is offered, but if you have more than 6 channels, not an issue. They are drop ins.

HV69 + larger wire + higher torque = nice safety margin!

-GG
                                All 9 channels already used up with the sound system and AS3X which I haven't turned on yet. Such a steady flying jet, even in a little breeze.

Comment

All 9 channels already used up with the sound system and AS3X which I haven't turned on yet. Such a steady flying jet, even in a little breeze.
                                  Nice....Then consider the larger wire for an added measure of confidence.

-GG

Comment

• The D85MG servo has a torque spec at 4.8V of 50 in-oz. The original stock servo was 37.5 and the upgrade 47. To me the Hitec isn't much of an improvement. I would move the pushrod into the inner hole. At the inner hole I was at about 100% in the radio for the recommended pitch throws.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      The D85MG servo has a torque spec at 4.8V of 50 in-oz. The original stock servo was 37.5 and the upgrade 47. To me the Hitec isn't much of an improvement. I would move the pushrod into the inner hole. At the inner hole I was at about 100% in the radio for the recommended pitch throws.
                                      I could still stall out the original servos with finger pressure, the 85 no stalling out. Very robust. Less throw on the inner hole but better torque. Outer hole more throw, less torque which means the servo would work harder. So now I have it all. I use the S.W.A.G. method and it has worked for me for 50 years.

Comment

• Cool, good luck with the flying ya old coot! :)

Wanted to say something smart a$$ about the 50 years but still come across as a joke... One old coot to another.

Comment

really guy’s ???

Don't leave, you have some awesome looking planes there. Sorry if you are having issues. You can always PM me if you need anything. Tim

Comment

Working...
                                          X