Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a DX9. Took the cover off to check - there is a big hunk of semi-hard rubber attached on the inside of the case that presses on the module to keep it securely in place.
    My radio is several years old and the module was plugged in properly. How did yours come out? And you said it happened once before?
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• TMD....The pilot that crashed isn’t in this recent crash thread / he didn’t post.

it was a 3rd party posting about the crash.

-GG

Comment

• This pilot is a friend of mine, I was there when this crash occurred. If you read his replies on Youtube you will see that he has a habit of not handling his tx gently.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
          At 2:17 "I couldn't pull up, it just started diving".

Looked just like a bunch of the other crashes.

Pilot blames transmitter problem.

Well, it quite evidently was a transmitter problem, so not just a pilot claim imo.

A loose transmitter module will certainly cause that. Also explains why the same tx would not initialize on his other models after the fact.
          Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by SWOFLY View Post
            This pilot is a friend of mine, I was there when this crash occurred. If you read his replies on Youtube you will see that he has a habit of not handling his tx gently.
            Ouch

Comment

• I've always enjoyed the Larger scale models. Either they are, Fixed-wing or Straight wing. It's much more exhilarating to fly. I've also found, it's easier to land without feeling the stresses of the smaller aircraft. Looks Brilliant! Looking forward to pursuing this Jet more in the coming months. I'm taking baby steps to re-attain my orientation.

Comment

• Have fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                  Have fun!

Brilliant flying from both :D

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• Quick selection from today's photo-session :)

Comment

• Airguardian outstanding shots, but you still need the AB's before you really need those sunglasses.

The only Mig at our field right now is flown by RudyD54 and he just installed the AB's, looks tres' cool. I think he's now working on the TV's so he'll be my Zen master when they get back in stock and I get a chance to get one. This guy has no fear and will try any maneuver at any moment, all while I'm cowering in the corner afraid of my own shadow. Ah, to fly with reckless abandon like you guys. ​​​​​​​
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• We're just a bit bold or crazy...

Not sure I'll install burners on this one, I don't want to further penalize T/W ratio.
                          On jets like the Hornet I don't care as much but on the MiG... I'm gonna need those grams of thrust once I start building confidence and pushing post-stall.

Comment

• Airguardian probably a little bit of both 🤣
                            Now that I’ve figured out how I want to set everything up I’ve got a new receiver with more channels, the VT nozzles, and a secondary gyro for them coming tomorrow as well as a castle 20A BEC with some Promodeler DS150CLHV servos coming on Monday. I’m hoping to get them all installed and programmed sometime this upcoming week. I’m using the RCGeek afterburners and although I’m sure there’s some penalty, it’s nothing I could feel in flight.

Once the weather improves and I’m able to make it back to the field I’ll try and have Hugh Wiedman get some video. Definitely won’t be as impressive as Jandros but I’ll be happy as long as I don’t crash 😂

Comment

• I'd say they are many ways to fly and to make videos impressive... not all flying has to be like mine! (But certainly hope to inspire others through it!) ;)

Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post
                              probably a little bit of both
                              #truth #facts

Comment

• Guinea Pigs wanted:

Someone who's seen the 3DP nozzles I have made for a number of EDF models suggested I make one for the FW MiG VT unit.

I don't have, nor am I planning to get, one of these units but I believe the inner plastic core is the same as for the 80MM Gripen, for which I have already made a VT nozzle, and I had already made a nozzle for the smaller ArrowsRC MiG 29.

So I put a design together that (IMO) looks better externally than the stock FW foam nozzle and would fit the Gripen core. So I *believe* it will also fit the FW MiG.

If anyone with a 3D printer is interested to see if it fits the Freewing MiG, you can generally remove the ugly foam outer part without damaging it; it is just held on with a kind of tacky adhesive. You can put it back if the 3DP nozzle doesn't fit or you don't like it.

The prototype nozzle is on Thingiverse at:

This is a nozzle to replace the stock foam one in the Freewing MiG29 with VT. The foam nozzle is just held on with tacky adhesive and can be removed without damage if you're careful. There are two versions, one with the inner petals extended beyond the outer ones, and one where they are not. Take your pick. Print with minimal infill if weight is a problem.

You would need both a left and right hand version for the two sides.

If it fits, great. If not, provide feedback on where the design needs adjusting.

Comment

• Post-stall aerobatics with ordnance :)

(And yes, no TV still)

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                    Post-stall aerobatics with ordnance :)

(And yes, no TV still)

Espectacular! Volando asi quien necesita la TV.

If it aint broke, don't mess with it. Looks like it flew even better with the lighter packs and CG further back, landed so smooth at what seemed the perfect AOA. Your using Tailerons, no?

And why does it always seem that when you fly, it's nice and cool out and that wind sock is straight down, that's just not fair!
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Airguardian Is your runway more gravel (tiny rocks) or dirt (micro rocks)? Does the Mig inhale the runway at all?

Edited: I see the photos now, it's kind of in between what I'm calling gravel and dirt. The nose gear is so close to the front intakes. Do any of your jets vacuum it up?

Comment

• Finally in the north west the sun start to be present here and there.. since my club have grass field, i’ll try to avoid to fly jets . Get dirty very quickly and this one is white, soooo i have to wait... but, tomorrow might be THE DAY for the maiden.. stay tuned for the videos...
                                        she’s ready and so am i .
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Today is 14 knots gusting to 23 knots when thermals are passing. On base at about 200 ft....flaps and gear down at about 30% power. I hit a thermal gust that almost instantly pitched the nose up.

Applied elevator....nothing / applied power....nose not dropping. Recognized as being in a deep stall, so chopped the throttle, nose dropped, then eased in the power below a tree line which was hiding the MiG.

Eased in the back stick and she rose above the tree tops....flying as if nothing was amiss. Whew!

Apparently a gusty day bears watching for pitch-ups and immediate correction. Lesson learned!!!!

-GG

Comment

Working...
                                          X