Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not how they are shipping it or how to check tracking. Not a bank address or address in China.

I am now assuming you are NOT ordering from some web page or web site? How do you know it's FreeWing?

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Where exactly did you buy from?
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Okay, so where exactly did you order from?

Comment

• This is the info I was given on tracking .

track Website www.ems.com.cn
      or www.17track.ne

Your putting the up me Xviper ff sake I'm an old man !!

Stopped the transfer anyway and told them to match a better offer so we'll see what they say !!

If push comes to shove I got a good price from Flit and I know they are genuine!!​​​​​​

Comment

• Thanks. I was really hoping you found a way in, a way to really contact FW. Flit is a distributor on Ali?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          Thanks. I was really hoping you found a way in, a way to really contact FW. Flit is a distributor on Ali?
          Yeah, I bought my two F4's from them, great communication, excellent tracking and above all for a Scotsman ..a good price....

Don't get too complicated, Friday is night Right J .........

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            Thanks. I was really hoping you found a way in, a way to really contact FW. Flit is a distributor on Ali?
            I think I've seen Flit on AliExpress. I believe they're just another hobby shop that sells via Ali. The only way I know of to actually contact Freewing is through MotionRC. I did that once to see if Motion would get me one of a few last remaining custom jets made for Xtreme Hobby (OZ). I think because Alpha was working out of the Freewing factory, it was him who got me that jet. I was very grateful.

Comment

• FWIW, I once ordered from the so-called 'scammers' (before I knew about this) and I received my jet without problems.
              Not endorsing it, maybe I just got lucky. But I got the jet.

Originally posted by locharrow View Post
              Don't get too complicated, Friday is night Right J .........
              Don't drink too much!

Comment

• Don't drink too much!

[/QUOTE]

Toooooo late J...........

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
                  This is the info I was given on tracking .

track Website www.ems.com.cn
                  or www.17track.ne

Your putting the up me Xviper ff sake I'm an old man !!

Stopped the transfer anyway and told them to match a better offer so we'll see what they say !!

If push comes to shove I got a good price from Flit and I know they are genuine!!​​​​​​
                  Glad you stopped the money flow. Here's that thread about the scammer:

They seem to deliver some product to get his reputation up and then keeps a bunch of money to increase his profit margin.

Comment

• I think the ones who should really take the blame here are Google, for allowing such a turbulent site to come up on top on their searches in the first place.

So much for 'the giant'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaun Evans View Post
                      My struts showed up. Gotta say, the springs are so heavy, you can barely compress the struts at all. I've got 1/4 scale birds that don't have springs this stiff....
                      My Top Design struts and brakes showed up too. Nice stuff except for the stiff springs. Same as yours. I can barely compress the strut springs. They will probably barely compress with a hard slam down landing. I can't imagine why they are so stiff. We will see. I have not installed them yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by viper1gj View Post

My Top Design struts and brakes showed up too. Nice stuff except for the stiff springs. Same as yours. I can barely compress the strut springs. They will probably barely compress with a hard slam down landing. I can't imagine why they are so stiff. We will see. I have not installed them yet.
                        When I come across this, I do a little trick with fuel tubing and white lithium grease.

Take the strut apart, get rid of the spring, and clean out all the old grease. Find the biggest size tubing that just fits in the strut. Cut the length a bit longer so there is a touch of compression when the strut is extended. Lube it all up with the white lithium grease and put it back together. White lithium is safe for rubber and plastic. Now try the action. You can vary the size/length of the tubing to get just what you want. You'll find that the strut now compresses easily at first but comes to a firm, cushiony stop with very little to no rebound. Take the load off and it readily extends every time. Just like a real airplane shock should!

There aren't too many planes that I don't add this mod to anymore.
                        Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Another one bites the dust; and another one, and another one! (Queen)

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Comment

• Looks like they're back in stock in the US.
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                              Looks like they're back in stock in the US.
                              Just the PNP package (as of now)

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

Just the PNP package (as of now)
                                That is true, but I'm not sure why anyone would buy the ARF version for $100 less, considering it would cost at least $280 to duplicate the 2 ESC's and EDF's, unless you were going to a radically different power set up. The stock power system seems more than adequate, at least IMO.
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	447BA851-B17A-4AFA-B664-5DC514346F76.jpeg
Views:	450
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	315841

Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post

When I come across this, I do a little trick with fuel tubing and white lithium grease.

Take the strut apart, get rid of the spring, and clean out all the old grease. Find the biggest size tubing that just fits in the strut. Cut the length a bit longer so there is a touch of compression when the strut is extended. Lube it all up with the white lithium grease and put it back together. White lithium is safe for rubber and plastic. Now try the action. You can vary the size/length of the tubing to get just what you want. You'll find that the strut now compresses easily at first but comes to a firm, cushiony stop with very little to no rebound. Take the load off and it readily extends every time. Just like a real airplane shock should!

There aren't too many planes that I don't add this mod to anymore.
                                  Sounds like a great mod! I’m going to give the fuel tubing cushion a try! Thanks.

On the subject of practical mods, I finally figured out a way to hang my EDF jets like art work on the wall, without rope or cushions to obstruct the view. Cheap, too. Just need a couple of eye hooks, washers and carabiners. Simply replace the rear fan hatch screw with eye hook and tighten down with washer. Then hook on with mini Carabiner and hang onto picture hangers.Click image for larger version  Name:	39748184-543B-4FA7-8E0D-4CF45A4289D1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	46.9 KB ID:	315840
                                  YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                  Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                  Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
                                    Another one bites the dust; and another one, and another one! (Queen)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=6768
                                    I've had mine ready to go for over six months. Everytime I hear of this plane crashing makes me reconsider even maidening it. There are just far too many questions concerning this plane. I may just sell it.
                                    4QR1HU9N7

Comment

• Originally posted by 4qr1hu9n7 View Post

I've had mine ready to go for over six months. Everytime I hear of this plane crashing makes me reconsider even maidening it. There are just far too many questions concerning this plane. I may just sell it.
                                      Several of the recent crashes have been stated by the pilots as “my error”….typically related to putting the flaps down at higher speed or getting into a high alpha lock.

Instead of focusing on the crashes, note that the majority of the owners who have made the suggested / important upgrades, CG changes, best practices for electronics installation, and consciously avoid the known problematic flight profiles (and have learned the recovery methods just in case) are having a blast flying this bird.

Not to overly influence your decision, if you decide to not fly it you will be missing out on flying an awesome and fun EDF.

Several have 100+ fun flights. Some have flown over 10X that number without incident. Thus, there are NOT (as this demonstrates) many unanswered questions remaining.

If I were to screw up and crash mine, I would order another ASAP.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by 4qr1hu9n7 View Post

Having watched mine nose dive into the ground I certainly understand your concern. I believe that my crash was absolutely due to deploying full flaps at high speed....a brain fart. If I did it again I would not even set up my plane with full flaps....the Mig comes in slow enough in a nose high attitude that full flaps aren't really needed. A moderate amount of flaps may help takeoff and landing....probably not more than 15-20 degrees. When ready to land get the gear down, establish a nose high attitude at moderate airspeed and then use flaps if wanted.

After that you can start doing all the other mod's listed in this thread if you want, but I think correct use of flaps is most vital.

Comment

• I wish MRC would get on with releasing the 30g elevator servo set up - as it's coming out with the latest batch why not get it available to the rest of us as parts. I've maidened mine, but having experienced the dive toward the dirt first hand (& agree it was most likely deployment of flaps at too high speed) I'd prefer to have the latest upgrade installed. Interesting to be on the 3rd servo arrangement in such a short time - I know that doesn't validate a real issue, but is reflective of MRC's real commitment to addressing the most likely undeserved bad rap this plane has gotten.

Comment

Working...
                                          X