X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Fellas!

I'm about to start building my second one for T-power. I don't need these EDF units, so they're on RCGroups if anyone wants some of these new. Also, this kit came with the 'upgraded' servos for the stabs. Are these any good? How do they compare to the Hitec D85's? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1812.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	336419
      Looking good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaun Evans View Post
        Hi Fellas!

I'm about to start building my second one for T-power. I don't need these EDF units, so they're on RCGroups if anyone wants some of these new. Also, this kit came with the 'upgraded' servos for the stabs. Are these any good? How do they compare to the Hitec D85's? Thanks!

Dang, NADA, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post

Name:	1812.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	336419Click image for larger version

Name:	1829.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	336420
          Next you should fix those nozzles.

Comment

• He got the files...

Name:	IMG_4369.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	336676

Comment

• Well alrighty then, lol...

Comment

• Hi Fellas!

Dang, NADA, huh?
                Well alrighty then, lol...
                You sound a little perturbed and a bit annoyed that nobody responded. Not sure to which point you are referring to ........................... your EDF units or that noone said anything about the Hitecs. If it was about the EDFs that you listed on RC Groups, I'm not surprised. You didn't provide a link to make it easier for any interested parties to go check it out. Instead, you want people to go over there and hunt for it. I hate RC Groups and I go there only if I have a need to.
                If you are referring to the Hitecs, this has been discussed in this thread many times. All that you needed to do was to put in a search within this thread and you would have found all kinds of stuff about it. It's an old topic and I think people are tired of talking about it, especially when it's all posted before.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post

You sound a little perturbed and a bit annoyed that nobody responded. Not sure to which point you are referring to ........................... your EDF units or that noone said anything about the Hitecs. If it was about the EDFs that you listed on RC Groups, I'm not surprised. You didn't provide a link to make it easier for any interested parties to go check it out. Instead, you want people to go over there and hunt for it. I hate RC Groups and I go there only if I have a need to.
                  If you are referring to the Hitecs, this has been discussed in this thread many times. All that you needed to do was to put in a search within this thread and you would have found all kinds of stuff about it. It's an old topic and I think people are tired of talking about it, especially when it's all posted before.
                  Haha,

Oh how I've missed your lucid, thoughtful and illuminating contributions, lol. This is the 'be careful what you wish for' response. I think I prefer the silence.....

Comment

Haha,

Oh how I've missed your lucid, thoughtful and illuminating contributions, lol. This is the 'be careful what you wish for' response. I think I prefer the silence.....
                    Impatient, demanding AND snotty. And you think you got voted off the island.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      Impatient, demanding AND snotty. And you think you got voted off the island.
                      Hardly any of those things. It's been a while since I was active here, and I instantly remember your unhelpful, unresponsive, pedantic and often-idiotic replies. When you would say stuff that was comically wrong, you'd just move the goalposts or obfuscate and change the subject. Let's just agree that if ever I ask a question, I'm specifically NOT asking you. Fair enough?

Comment

Hardly any of those things. It's been a while since I was active here, and I instantly remember your unhelpful, unresponsive, pedantic and often-idiotic replies. When you would say stuff that was comically wrong, you'd just move the goalposts or obfuscate and change the subject. Let's just agree that if ever I ask a question, I'm specifically NOT asking you. Fair enough?
                        Guaranteed!

Comment

• "Here is a video of my gear door , landing light mock up testing."

T33...your garage is far too tidy..........

Comment

• Glorious slow-mo footage is glorious!

Comment

• Excellent flights as usual Airguardian!

Some of us are slow on the sticks by nature, no playback slowdown required. Sharing a flight in which I took the MiG up to altitude to catch a second sunset, checking out the mountain ranges with head-tracking FPV, swoop down to do some lazy acro to wind down the day. Love the Mig-29

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                              Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Man, that is some excellent FPV flying. It completely immerses you in the role of "pilot" of a jet fighter.

Comment

• I maidened my mig 29 yesterday, and managed to get in three flights.

I used Zeee 5200 mah cells and i swapped out the standard elevator servos for savox 1261MG servos which are rated at 15kg/208oz at 6V

My CG is a 1cm behind the manual recommendation, and ailerons raised so that the lower edge of the aileron lines up with the top of the wing. The flap is level with the aileron. I haven’t raised the ends of the wings as some people have done. Stab position is as per the manual.

Flight 1- without any pylons or missiles. Bit of aileron trim required but no elevator trim required at all. Very pleasant flight, but felt like it wanted to make an uncommanded dive on a couple of occasions, and that was without flaps being deployed.

Flight 2 and 3 were with pylons and missiles fitted, and i tried to set up the igyro. However i quickly turned it off. As you can see in the below vid, there were three episodes where it dived towards the ground. Each time i managed to save it. The end of the vid of the approaches, more than likely shows a PIO as the model was a bit quick and my elevator dual rate was set to 80 percent (as per the manual) and 30 percent expo.

So the question is, is the models diving behaviour a result of a fwd CG, or am I experiencing the mig’s dreaded nose diving tendency-despite elevator servos being vastly over torqued?

Comment

• Thanks redfordc! I think it’s a common dream among all rc flyers to shrink down and pilot from the cockpit of our own jet and warbird models. With head-tracking FPV, it’s achievable at least visually. I think FPV should be more aptly called “Fighter Pilot View” but that’s just my opinion
                                    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdseed View Post
                                      I maidened my mig 29 yesterday, and managed to get in three flights.

As you can see in the below vid

So the question is, is the models diving behaviour a result of a fwd CG, or am I experiencing the mig’s dreaded nose diving tendency-despite elevator servos being vastly over torqued?
                                      For some reason I'm not seeing the attached video. Maybe my settings, but have always been able to open videos in the past. By chance did you forget to attach it?
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Not sure why there isn’t a preview attached…

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdseed View Post
                                          https://youtu.be/yiEtDOK8Wls

Not sure why there isn’t a preview attached…
                                          In all cases where the plane suddenly lost altitude, it seemed like it happened either just as you banked it or right after you banked it and then tried to level the roll axis. I can't tell if you have the thrust vectoring units on the plane. When you are on the ground and you move the sticks to simulate a mild bank like when it was in the air, do any other control surfaces react when they weren't supposed to? I'm just wondering if there is some kind of coupling going on. IE, bank the plane, then the elevators go "down". It doesn't look like it was going all that fast, so can't say it was due to air flow doing something weird to the elevators as we saw when this plane first appeared in Taiwan. The flap down thing was discussed quite a bit in those days as having some affect on the elevators when going fairly fast, but I did several flights at speeds while activating 1/2 and full flaps and mine never dove at all and that was before I installed the TV nozzles. I also don't think your CG had anything to do with the nose dive. The only thing you've got going on that mine doesn't, is the "UP" incident on your ailerons and flaps. Maybe take that out and test fly it again but try to have some altitude if you can. As on one of my old sailplanes where I dialed in UP flaps on a switch, it would lose altitude rapidly but that's with a different kind of wing. Some sailplane guys like to use UP flaps for landing instead of DOWN flaps for landing as it requires a higher angle of attack, which slow the thing down in a more controlled way (sorta like wing spoilers) rather than regular flaps where there is more of a tendency to stall unexpectedly. On this Mig, perhaps a little UP on the flaps/ailerons don't cause a dive till it's bank over a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                          X