Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks GG - i ordered more of the 9mm core diam ones, so i'll pop the 2 smaller ones off and put the one big one over both lines... i got an assortment originally, but used up all of the 9mm ones already. some of the planes already have what looks like an rf choke on their batt lines, so i'm leaving them alone...

Comment

• Originally posted by viper1gj View Post

My Top Design struts and brakes showed up too. Nice stuff except for the stiff springs. Same as yours. I can barely compress the strut springs. They will probably barely compress with a hard slam down landing. I can't imagine why they are so stiff. We will see. I have not installed them yet.
      I just got my Top Design struts and just as everyone has stated, these things are way too stiff. I mean I have to really push on them to get them to compress. Did anyone ever find a replacement spring or mod the strut in any way for more compression/cushion?

Comment

• I posted back in post 5256 about my weird diving behaviour.
        I posted vid of it on YouTube as per the link below.

I finally think i found the problem. I just test flew it today and the ac was on rails.

I think it was a gyro issue. I was settting up another model (a FW F22) and spotted one elevator acting as an elevator in response to the gyro, and the other elevator acting as an elevon!

Turns out my mig 29 is set up the same way and when i checked it, the exact same thing was happening.
        I’m using a powerbox igyro sat.
        For anyone not using one, it will be incredibly boring for you to continue reading…..

Id set up each elevator to Elevator A and Elevator B.
        I set up one aileron channel to Aileron A

Turns out if you want a delta mix with a igyro you assign one elevon to AILERON A and the other to ELEVATOR A.

As a result one elevator (elevator B) receives a gyro input as an elevator, but the other acts as an elevon.
        To make it worse, the aileron A (the single aileron channel feeding both aileron servos) would have been acting as an elevon when the gyro was active.

It’s basically an anomaly in the programming when you have two elevators and a single channel feeding both ailerons.

Problem is solved by assigning Aileron B to any of the other 26 unused channels and it works.

I had one flight today and it flew great. As the airframe is now “proven” i can start my X45 conversion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luqman Khan View Post
          Thanks crxmanpat ... so I am well within limits at 5.3v (good to know).

GG,
          In my case increasing the voltage increase (from 5.1 to 5.3v) fixed the servo chatter & automatic deflection of control surfaces that I was experiencing. I do have a choke on Bec cable but it seems my issue might not be related to interference else increasing output voltage from BEC (going to receiver and blue box) won't have fixed it (everything else being equal).
          Gents I used an old school solution to driving the horizontal stabs with digital servos at 7. volts. I used a JR Matchbox. So only the stab servos see the higher voltage. Used a small 2s lipo regulated by a YEP regulator to 7 volts. Works great the Matchbox lets you reverse servos so there no searching for a reverse servo. The FW regulator doesnt have the extra load of the stab servos. Unfortunately the JR Matchbox isn't made anymore.
          Mig is an awesome flyer. Easy as pie.

Comment

• Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1690.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	340858Click image for larger version  Name:	1691.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	340853Click image for larger version  Name:	1644.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	340854Click image for larger version  Name:	20210309_155638.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	340855Click image for larger version  Name:	20210308_160319.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.9 KB ID:	340856Click image for larger version  Name:	20210308_160253.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.1 KB ID:	340857
              BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Mighty fine job there, Jet. Love the color scheme and your work!
                Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                  Masterful….you’ve got the MiG dialed in.

-GG

Comment

• I'm searching for the correct color to paint the MIG ( underside ) ( EDF air pipes ) because i make a bad lbelly anding .. maybey someone can tell me the color in TAMIYA , GUNZE ore MRP colors ? Many Thanks ... I find the problem for this , the servo is changed from stock to HITEC , but the servoarms are plastic one's , .. and i can flip those servo arms with easy over the gears from the servo , now i changed those arms by aluminium ones ... mutch better.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	EDDE75BB-7D5C-41E8-889B-CABBF7337616.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	93.7 KB ID:	340935 Hi Ronny - Here is the exact match. It goes on purple when wet, but dries to the correct color. Home Depot

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                        Click image for larger version Name:	EDDE75BB-7D5C-41E8-889B-CABBF7337616.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	93.7 KB ID:	340935 Hi Ronny - Here is the exact match. It goes on purple when wet, but dries to the correct color. Home Depot

-GG
                        Many Thanks , ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironside View Post

I just got my Top Design struts and just as everyone has stated, these things are way too stiff. I mean I have to really push on them to get them to compress. Did anyone ever find a replacement spring or mod the strut in any way for more compression/cushion?
                          For anyone interested, I found a replacement compression spring for the Top Design struts. They are much softer but rebound well.

Comment

• Great information GliderGuy. Anyone have the paint color for both the exhaust nozzles and the section just before the nozzles? Click image for larger version

Name:	Exhaust Nozzle.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	340996

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironside View Post
                              Great information GliderGuy. Anyone have the paint color for both the exhaust nozzles and the section just before the nozzles? Click image for larger version

Name:	Exhaust Nozzle.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	340996
                              They are both given in earlier posts in this forum. Not sure which posts. I suggest starting to look in the earlier posts. Maybe the “search” feature will find the posts???

-GG

Comment

• Had some great flights with mine this past weekend. Probably north of 150 total now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
                                  Had some great flights with mine this past weekend. Probably north of 150 total now!
                                  Well, you did it. Made me order another Mig to replace the one I destroyed last year. Don't think I will do the German scheme again, though.

Comment

• Very nice Skosh25 , always liked your scheme! Great flight and landing. Still looks a little cold out there!
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I ordered one yesterday and paid $699. Today it's listed at $750! I guess I jumped just in the nick of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
                                        I ordered one yesterday and paid $699. Today it's listed at $750! I guess I jumped just in the nick of time.
                                        Just noticed that myself, I was browsing today on their website and noticed the Mig was $749, I thought that was a price increase but wasn't sure until I seen your post, I'm sure we will see the increase on some of the other top sellers.

Comment

• Almost all the FW and FL just went up, seems like the FL warbirds went up more than the FW jets. Seems "fair" as most everything except what I have coming in has gone up...

Comment

Working...
                                          X